• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Opens "New Tales of" Countdown Site, Configures Clock Incorrrectly

whatever it is...
in english DAMN YOU NAMCO!
I'm not a kid anymore, can't really afford to play japanese games with a translation guide to get whatever is said!
When i sit on my couch to play&relax, I want to PLAY&RELAX!

Nix

Banned
witchedwiz said:
whatever it is...
in english DAMN YOU NAMCO!
I'm not a kid anymore, can't really afford to play japanese games with a translation guide to get whatever is said!
When i sit on my couch to play&relax, I want to PLAY&RELAX!
Kinda hard to do that mate, when most of the good stuff isn't coming over here no matter what. =/

Just buckle down and go with the import flow, reading japanese as you progress, or import and wait for a fan translation. Which take years; I'm not knocking translators, they do a magnificent job, but years man.

Well, maybe this announcement will be a Xillia Locali- they're not going anywhere near that until Graces F ships are they...

TreIII

Team Destiny anything (port/remake/all-new) would be nice to see. Especially since the more I learned about Xillia, the less I ended up liking.

Nix said:
Kinda hard to do that mate, when most of the good stuff isn't coming over here no matter what. =/

Just buckle down and go with the import flow, reading japanese as you progress, or import and wait for a fan translation. Which take years; I'm not knocking translators, they do a magnificent job, but years man.

Well, maybe this announcement will be a Xillia Locali- they're not going anywhere near that until Graces F ships are they...
idd, gotta appreciate fan translations, it's always free and pretty much always good..
but I'd love to get every frigging game..
say.. sigma harmonics... the game appealed me.. but japanese...
I don't have times or will to use a japanese dictionary to translation check online faqs while playing... I'm tired enough as is, without going the translator-gamer way of life...
mmmm way of the hard-core game would fit that case! :X

TreIII said:
Team Destiny anything (port/remake/all-new) would be nice to see. Especially since the more I learned about Xillia, the less I ended up liking.
Seconded, mostly.

I got burned buying ToD:R twice already, so I'd only be excited for another port/remake if it would be localized (which, of course, won't happen). Tales of Destiny 3 could be interesting, it's my favorite Tales cast so I wouldn't mind seeing them a third time.

Rpgmonkey

So did something happen when they expressed interest in the Vita to make people settle on the idea that the very first game for it was going to be a major entry? Not saying it's totally outside the realm of possibility (it is Tales, after all), but even if/when it gets one, I'd expect something smaller to release first. They still have a few console Tales games remaining that can be milked with a portable version!

And Radiant Mythology 3 came out in February this year, too soon for RM4. Going by the usual pacing, RM4 is a late 2012/early 2013 game.

I don't remember lesser titles like ports or spinoffs (especially ports) getting countdowns or teaser sites anyway, so I'm guessing it's the next original game or remake by Tales Studio.

TreIII

PixyJunket said:
Seconded, mostly.

I got burned buying ToD:R twice already, so I'd only be excited for another port/remake if it would be localized (which, of course, won't happen). Tales of Destiny 3 could be interesting, it's my favorite Tales cast so I wouldn't mind seeing them a third time.

I wouldn't mind Destiny 3, either.

But I guess my thing is, with 2D (sprite-based) Tales probably going to be phased out entirely sooner or later, I'm hoping that maybe we can get another one somehow, on whatever platform that would allow that much to happen (likely a portable, so PSP, 3DS or Vita).

Tales of something that ain't coming to the west.

But seriously, the next mainline game is pretty likely. They need to spend the next few years pimping all the cool dlc clothes!

Persona7

Banned
Countdown for a countdown for a tease of a tease of a tease that will come to fruition if tales of graces F sells 3 million copies.

Link1110

Hoping for Symphonia remake for 3ds with free run. I couldn't even play the original without it last time I tried, and I beat it 3 times the summer it came out.

Rpgmonkey

TreIII said:
I wouldn't mind Destiny 3, either.

But I guess my thing is, with 2D (sprite-based) Tales probably going to be phased out entirely sooner or later, I'm hoping that maybe we can get another one somehow, on whatever platform that would allow that much to happen (likely a portable, so PSP, 3DS or Vita).
I'm not too particular about the 2D/3D thing anymore. Although I suppose I still have to play Graces before I fully grasp how Team Destiny's battle systems will work in 3D, although I have heard positive things from some import players. But yeah, if the battle system still follows the progress they've made from Destiny 2 to Destiny R (and Graces), I'd be cool with whatever from them, to be honest!

Rpgmonkey said:
Bamco's applied for a trademark for "Tales of the Heroes".
I'd guess more cross-over stuff from that. Maybe a Vita/3DS follow up to Narikiri Dungeon/Radiant Mythology? Yawn, if so.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Rpgmonkey said:

http://www1.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/syutsugan/TM_DETAIL_A.cgi?0&507&0&500&10&131587203282661002400262

商願2011-052035 テイルズ オブ ザ ヒーローズ\TALES OF THE HEROES

namco buying falcom confirmed

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
wrowa said:
Tales of Vita? Tales of Vita.

Delio said:
guess it's a Tales of Vita game. Cant wait to see it.

weeaboo said:
Tales of Vita. I wonder which one are they going to port, Vesperia?

Come on guys. You're thinking with your brains.

You have to remember, this is Namco. You should be thinking with your ass.

Tales of Rebirth HD.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
duckroll said:
Yeah, surely they wouldn't.

jNoXW.jpg

VyydD.jpg

C8tdt.jpg

VUlLH.jpg
You forgot one!

991433_227636_front.jpg

Enhanced version of the first PSP port was included in the game.

Rpgmonkey said:

http://www1.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/syutsugan/TM_DETAIL_A.cgi?0&507&0&500&10&131587203282661002400262

Cross over game then probably...not surprising.

Rpgmonkey

Bel Marduk said:
Cross over game then probably...not surprising.

No Tales game for the holidays at the moment, so this might be out around then. Probably part of the Vita's early software lineup.

Datschge

TreIII said:
But I guess my thing is, with 2D (sprite-based) Tales probably going to be phased out entirely sooner or later
It pretty much already happened (unless the reveal turns out to be a 2D game). The ToDR staff went on with ToG. The ToH staff went on with ToX (some with the short detour NDX). So much for me expecting the ToH staff to become the new permanent 2D staff. =/

Datschge said:
It pretty much already happened (unless the reveal turns out to be a 2D game). The ToDR staff went on with ToG. The ToH staff went on with ToX (some with the short detour NDX). So much for me expecting the ToH staff to become the new permanent 2D staff. =/
Wait. Are there three main teams now? Not counting teams that work on side games like Radiant Mythology?

Datschge

PixyJunket said:
Wait. Are there three main teams now? Not counting teams that work on side stuff?
No idea what all the previous "TS" lead staffs do atm. Maybe partying on Hawaii about the mention in the special thanks section in ToX.

Datschge said:
No idea what all the previous "TS" lead staffs do atm. Maybe partying on Hawaii about the mention in the special thanks section in ToX.
Interesting. Thanks for the info, I might have to reevaluate ToX at some point.

salromano

Rpgmonkey said:

How do you search marks on the site? The link you provided is broken.

Aeana

PixyJunket said:
Interesting. Thanks for the info, I might have to reevaluate ToX at some point.
I don't know your previous stance on it, but you should be sure your re-evaluation ends up at "totally want to play it, 'cause it's good."

I don't think the concept of a "Team Symphonia" or "Team Destiny" game really exists anymore, but I'm not complaining. Xillia has a lot of what I like about Abyss and Vesperia, with a much more interesting combat system than those games.

Rpgmonkey

salromano said:
How do you search marks on the site? The link you provided is broken.

Figured it was, lol. Use the English one instead.

Go here, click "Japanese Trademark Database", and put "2011-052035" in the bottom search field (the one about Application Number):
http://www.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/homepg_e.ipdl

I was using the Japanese version of the search (easier for me to look for things like this) so the results are little different, but the trademark is still there.

salromano

Rpgmonkey said:
Figured it was, lol. Use the English one instead.

Go here, click "Japanese Trademark Database", and put "2011-052035" in the bottom search field (the one about Application Number):
http://www.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/homepg_e.ipdl

I was using the Japanese version of the search (easier for me to look for things like this) so the results are little different, but the trademark is still there.

Got it. Thanks! Just wanted to see the date it was trademarked. It was July 22, 2011, for anyone that's wondering. ;-)

Aeana

Bel Marduk said:
So basically Xillia is more a ToH team project than a Team Symphonia project? Hmm.
Well I don't really know about the staff, but from playing it, certain aspects like skits and the story itself are very reminiscent of Team Symphonia stuff.

Aeana said:
I don't know your previous stance on it, but you should be sure your re-evaluation ends up at "totally want to play it, 'cause it's good."

I don't think the concept of a "Team Symphonia" or "Team Destiny" game really exists anymore, but I'm not complaining. Xillia has a lot of what I like about Abyss and Vesperia, with a much more interesting combat system than those games.
My previous stance was "play if released in the west." I don't think that will immediately change with Graces on the horizon (as I'm far more interested in that), but thanks for the positive vibes, I'll definitely take a second look at it once Graces has come and gone.

Datschge

Bel Marduk said:
So basically Xillia is more a ToH team project than a Team Symphonia project? Hmm.
Since we talk here instead in the Xillia OT:
Datschge said:
Transcribed most of the developer part of the staff roll. A couple observations:
- Staff list definitely is a mix of ToV and ToH (and by extension NDX), to me it even feels more like a ToH follow up staff wise than a ToV one due to all the missing major "TS" staff.
- All the who's who of both "Team Symphonia" and "Team Destiny" reside in the Special Thanks section.
- Except Takashi Hasegawa, previous "TS" project leader, is now in the Scenario section headed "SWOT by NTS". (Huh???)
- Programming is mostly done by one person, Toyokazu Endo, but there are three support programmers for the battle system, one who did the same on ToH and battle planning on NDX, and one who did battle programming on ToG (all three are so new that they didn't appear in a localized Tales game yet, so no romanization).
- Female staff just keep marrying their co-workers...
Just take a name on the site and use the search on the top of the page to see what other Tales games one is credited in.

Weird. So it's ToH x ToV...but missing some key members and it feels like a ToH followup staff wise? Not really sure what to think lol. I guess this may be the first Tales game where you can't really classify it into any one group I guess?

Rpgmonkey

Kyoufu said:
Why do I get the feeling "Tales of the Heroes" is going to be a MonHun clone?

But Bamco's already got God Eater. :p

It's probably like Tales of VS, some spinoff to experiment with a different genre or radically different type of gameplay. Maybe a big focus on going through the content with other people online?

Regardless, don't think any spinoffs outside of the Tales of the World games have gotten much praise, so my expectations are very low.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wasn't Tales of Innocence not so good?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Spiegel said:
Apparently Tales of Innocence R for Vita is on a japanese magazine?

Not confirmed though

Ehi, a remake of a DS title!
There was a rumour about it!

Top Bottom