• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Opens "New Tales of" Countdown Site, Configures Clock Incorrrectly

Pooya

http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/taleschannel/newtalesof/

The site uses your system clock, so ignore that. it's 46 hours from now.

Proper Countdown:

t1315987200z0.png

08440716-s.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm going to guess a new portable entry, it seems too soon for another Xillia style game? Maybe 3DS, if Vita is close enough to PS3 to not make a huge difference budget wise?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Tomorrow?
Nintendo Conference related? :O

EDIT: Wait, now it says 2 days :lol

Mpl90

wrowa said:
The countdown is based on your PC setting btw. On my PC the countdown says 2 days and 5 hours.

Now I understand.
Ok, so it's for Vita, I think.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So...uh...it seems to count down to Wednesday, 5pm? Regardless of your timezone?

I guess that's meant to be 5pm Wednesday JPN time...which is a couple of hours after the Namco Bandai TGS press conference, IIRC.

StuBurns

Banned
I was going to make fun of it, but I actually love the idea of having the next game announced a week after the previous one ships.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just a note, the font looks similar to the Tales of Destiny logo:

timezonespufv.png

Logo.png

duckroll

gofreak said:
So...uh...it seems to count down to Wednesday, 5pm? Regardless of your timezone?

I guess that's meant to be 5pm Wednesday JPN time...which is a couple of hours after the Namco Bandai TGS press conference, IIRC.

Yes, it's about 2 days from now, minus 90mins.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
gofreak said:

Yes, I believe you're correct.

Pooya

it uses your system clock, JST is the correct one obviously, the pic I posted in the OP. ~46 hours from now.

Mpl90

ULTROS! said:

timezonespufv.png

Logo.png

It isn't similar... it's the same!
ToD remake / ToD3

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Well, if they don't even localise their clocks, I guess it foreshadows your localisation chances for this game :p Oh well.

Erethian

BlazingDarkness said:
So if it's 'New Tales' then we can assume it's not a port?
I hope for an original Vita title myself

Probably PS360. With the possibility of a Vita port.

Namco never showed an interest in doing a mainline game on PSP despite the success of spin-off titles.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'll take a wild guess and say it's a Tales of Destiny Remake port for Vita.

Erethian said:
Probably PS360. With the possibility of a Vita port.

Namco never showed an interest in doing a mainline game on PSP despite the success of spin-off titles.

Isn't a bit early to reveal another Tales console title? Xilia has only just hit

duckroll

BlazingDarkness said:
Isn't a bit early to reveal another Tales console title? Xilia has only just hit

No. Tales of Vesperia was released in Aug 2008, but they announced the next mothership Tales for Wii in July 2008, and showed the first trailer at Nintendo's conference in Oct 2008.

ULTROS!

DR2K said:
Probably just another port.

With probable trophies!

I'll be down for that.

hteng

Banned
ULTROS! said:

timezonespufv.png

Logo.png

probably a remake/port of ToD remake to VITA

but yea, those are the first thing i thought when i looked at the font.

Not here for countdowns for remakes/ports of games I've already played. :(

They really needs to do a brand new Tales for Vita (preferably in 2D)

duckroll said:
No. Tales of Vesperia was released in Aug 2008, but they announced the next mothership Tales for Wii in July 2008, and showed the first trailer at Nintendo's conference in Oct 2008.

Those are different consoles though right? I meant more New Tales on the same console revealed

Slime

Banned
If it's a Destiny sequel of some sort, yay, another Tales game that will definitely never get localized.

Destiny was my first Tales and I love it (and ToD2), but I hope it's something new. And not just another Tales of the World.

duckroll

BlazingDarkness said:
Those are different consoles though right? I meant more New Tales on the same console revealed

Tales of Legendia and Tales of Abyss were both released in the same year in Japan!

BlazingDarkness said:
Same thing happened with Legendia/Abyss. Just after Legendia was released Abyss was announced back in 2005.

EDIT: beaten!

cw_sasuke said:
Vita would make most sense. Or maybe Vita/3DS.

A version for the PS3 and Vita would make the most sense if it's a mothership title. What would be the reason to not release a mothership Tales on the PS3 at this point?

Top Bottom