• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition Announced; Uncharted Series @ 17 million shipped

Seda

UPDATE

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...eption-game-of-the-year-edition-release-date/
We’ve very happy to announce the release date of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition as 19th September 2012.

ORIGINAL

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-deception-game-of-the-year-edition-announced

Eurogamer said:
Sony has announced the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Game of the Year Edition. It includes the game and all 14 additional pieces of DLC. Sony is yet to announce when it will release.

The DLC list in full, in Sony's words:

* Classic Skins Packs 1 - 3: A huge total of 25 skins for the Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience including fan favourites such as Nathan Drake as he appears in the original Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, or Winter Drake as he appears in Tibet during Uncharted 2: Among Thieves; even minor characters such as Cameraman Jeff make an appearance.
* Multiplayer Accessory Pack: Allows players to play skinned as a Capture Trooper from another PS3 exclusive, Killzone 3. Also includes the ISA and Helghast helmets accessories.
* Flashback Map Packs 1 and 2: Includes eight maps that bring reworked, dynamically improved environments from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves into the multiplayer of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
* Drake's Deception Map Pack: Four new multiplayer maps - The Graveyard, Old Quarter, London Streets, and Oasis - each incorporating its own dynamic events.
* Fort Co-Op Adventure: Additional content for the co-op adventure online game mode, Fort takes players on a journey through the fortress first seen in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to seek out Nathan Drake.
* Co-Op Shade Survival: Take on wave after wave of some of the toughest enemies from the Uncharted series, the fiery Djinn. This co-op game mode provides a good multiplayer challenge that rewards quite handsomely.
* Doughnut Skin Pack: If you've ever wondered what Sully would look like if he really let himself go, this is the skin pack for you. Five characters from the franchise are depicted in larger-than-life form.
* Rogues Skin Pack 1 and 2: Tired of playing as Nate? Unnamed henchmen and hired goons more your thing? This is what you've been waiting for. Play as 14 minor antagonists from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Meanwhile, Sony announced that the Uncharted series has shifted over 17 million copies across all four games. That is, as of 13th April 2012, over 17,320,000 Uncharted games had been sold. To accompany the announcement Sony released a fancy infographic revealing a myriad of Uncharted-related statistics.
PS3_2D_PackShot.png

Infographic said:

Kud Dukan

Excellent...I only played through the first two games a few months ago, and haven't yet played this one, so I'll just pick up this version.

kewlmyc

Totally didn't see this coming [/sarcasm]

Also, there clearly isn't enough quotes on this box art, they should change it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, that's one slick cover!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Somebody totally needs to Photoshop Arkham City's cover onto Uncharted 3's cover.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wish we'd get a breakdown on each of the game's sales.

17 million spread across 3 (4?) games... I guess that's pretty sweet. We need a break from it now though, so that Naughty Dog can bring the house down with Uncharted 4 as a PS4 launch title.

Carl

That's an awesome cover. Great to see sales are high for the series - my fave series to come out of this gen.

Also, surprised that only 774,000 crushing runs have been completed/

jiggles

Banned
They may track the completions seperatly as per difficulty level. Those that did it on hard, being different from those that did it on easy?

Not a chance. That'd make over 16 million completions.

Given that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune didn't have trophies for ages, you can pretty much exclude the majority of people who bought it from these figures.

That means the original version will start going for dirt cheap. I missed playing this when it came out due to my Battlefield addiction but now I have time to run through it.

M.D

Do you guys really like the cover? Sure, it's not horrible as the Batman cover, but I don't really like it :\

I'd even prefer the Batman cover without all those stupid logos.

Totally going to get this.

Top Bottom