• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition Announced; Uncharted Series @ 17 million shipped

Haunted

17 million sales across 4 games definitely puts this in the Top 10 franchises introduced in the last couple years (not counting mobile franchises obviously).

Endo Punk

Playing on easy!? But you can't feel the struggle of the main character -in any game- when playing on easy. Might as well watch a movie.

Mikey Jr.

UC: 4.5 million
UC2: 5.5 million
UC3: 6 million
UC GA: 1.3 million

most likely this ^

Damn, UC3 sold 6 million? Nice.

Love the franchise. I really wonder what ND are going to do with it next. Drop it completely, a new game, or take a break for awhile and come back?

You cant take too long of a break though because Uncharted is so heavily focused on the characters/actors.

How is it a blend of UC1 and UC2? It isn't anything like either. Uncharted 3 ramps up the number of cut-scenes and pseudo-interactive set-pieces, and lowers the number of actual shootouts and gameplay content. They bought too much into the "uncharted 2 is just like a blockbuster movie!" hype(which it it wasn't) and actually tried to make one of those.

The end was a combination of the endings of UC1 and UC2 though. It felt like they had run out of ideas on how to end a game so they just did a mashup.

Pranay

Love the franchise. I really wonder what ND are going to do with it next. Drop it completely, a new game, or take a break for awhile and come back?

You cant take too long of a break though because Uncharted is so heavily focused on the characters/actors.

take a break and come back strong on ps4, hopefully with changes in gameplay

with uc3 its quite evedent, they want the player to have the option either melee or shooting or sometimes as strealth.

However doing so left the gameplay a bit underwhelming

Petrichor

Whenever sony talks, sold = shipped unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Persona7

Banned
I want all the DLC but not if they include the patches already on the disk. I like the original version of the game before they started changing everything because people were complaining.

jett

D-Member
I want all the DLC but not if they include the patches already on the disk. I like the original version of the game before they started changing everything because people were complaining.

Undoubtedly it will come with a voucher to download the DLC stuff.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I like this cover a lot better than the original cover. Too bad the game left such a bad taste in my mouth.

BHK3

Banned
As much as I liked Uncharted, I personally don't think this game deserved this sort of treatment. Horrible multiplayer handling and DLC packs means a GOTY edition?

Least the cover art is nice...

It's hilarious how much better the newer PS3 cases look than the Spiderman font ones. It's probably one of the better looking cases. This boxart is pure class, for an awesome game.

zroid

Banned
Never quite understood the frequent complaints of "frustration" with this game. I consider myself of below average skill at shooters and still made it through Hard on my first playthrough without much problem.

MutFox

Banned
Great, that means the old version will go on sale for about $20.
That's the price I bought the other Uncharted games at. :p

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This reminds me that I have Uncharted 2 GOTY sealed in a box somewhere...I need to play that before this comes out

UC: 4.5 million
UC2: 5.5 million
UC3: 6 million
UC GA: 1.3 million

most likely this ^
Does it include bundles?

UWKh8.jpg

Caramuru

Neo Member
Pretty damn cool box art! I'll buy it for collection. I already have the game, but I'm fan of the series.

Besides that, Uncharted and Battlefield are the only games I usually play online, so DLCs are welcome.

test_account

XP-39C²
That is a lot of DLC included. Seems like a great GOTY edition.

Ah the early buyers get fucked in the ass edition.

Also means no more maps, I guess.
I'm glad that i bought the game at day one and got to play it then :) I dont think that i could wait 5-6 months to play this just to save $30 or so.

zroid

Banned
I'm glad that i bought the game at day one and got to play it then :) I dont think that i could wait 5-6 months to play this just to save $30 or so.

I bought it day one for $40, played it, traded it in a month later for $50 (profit!), and will rebuy the GOTY edition :p

KingK

I don't understand these game of the year editions.

Doesn't it actually have to be game of the year?

It won game of the year from Gametrailers...

I'm glad to see the series is so popular. It's my favorite new franchise this gen by a good margin, and UC3 is my favorite one yet (yes, even more than UC2, but just barely).

Anyway, I'm leaving this thread because I see the UC3 trolling has already begun.

Top Bottom