• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition Announced; Uncharted Series @ 17 million shipped

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They use the word "sold" in this press release as well.

Yeah, I just noticed that "shipped" in the thread title is an assumptive rewording of Eurogamer's use of "shifted".

Edit: That, or Sony's numbers are in reference to sales to retailers and not sell-through to customers.

strafer

u3gotyf3khp.jpg

Fixed for accuracy.

GQman2121

Banned
Excellent...I only played through the first two games a few months ago, and haven't yet played this one, so I'll just pick up this version.

I'm in the same boat. I love the series but just never got around to picking it up last year. I was just to busy. Even though I don't care for the multiplayer, if this is priced right, I'm all over it.

With the lack of reviews and scores missing from that cover, I'm not sure if its a good game or not though.

Pranay

I'm in the same boat. I love the series but just never got around to picking it up last year. I was just to busy. Even though I don't care for the multiplayer, if this is priced right, I'm all over it.

With the lack of reviews and scores missing from that cover, I'm not sure if its a good game or not though.

its 94 on metacritic great game, you should check out the review thread in gaf archive, it was pure gold

Aguirre

RELIVE THE EXPERIENCE OF

GETTING BORED WITH THE GAME BEFORE CHAPTER 10

AND TRADE IT IN TO GAMESTOP

ALL OVER AGAIN

0OBIk.gif

s'wrong with you?

fantastic cover, very classy and will be a privilege to have it in my collection among my numerous other goty edition games.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
7.5 million completions out of 17 million units shipped.

Someone decide if this is good or not.

That number is like 16 million +, but I don't know if they count multiple completions by the same gamer.

17.3 million shipped, I wonder what the breakdown is. My best guess is:

UC: 4.5 million
UC2: 5.5 million
UC3: 6 million
UC GA: 1.3 million

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess I assumed the number was shipped, that much more impressive if I assumed incorrectly.

The EG article refers to the number as a sales figure, but it'd be nice if we had an official PR release for confirmation.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think the lack of logos everywhere is having a disproportionate impact on people's evaluations. It's just Drake's 3D model with a filter over it. It's not even particularly striking in its framing. It's "classy" in its simplicity, but it's not very inspired.

jiggles

Banned
That number is like 16 million +

No, it's obvious that the figures are how many people have earned each of the trophies. Which means the Easy figure is the closest estimation of the total, because every one higher than that also gets the Easy one.

16 million out of 17 million having seen the thing through to the end is an incredibly improbable scenario.

I can't wait to see what are they going to do with next gen hardware. The games are great, but the franchise is losing a little bit of its visual prestige due to old hardware. PS4 Uncharteds will look ridiculous.

gogogow

It's obviously better than Batman, but which cover isn't? But still, it's quite a lazy boxart re-using the first Uncharted 3 artwork ever. And are we sure, they won't put some "including $30 worth of extra content" on the box?

krae_man

Did anyone even give Uncharted 3 GOTY? The game is nowhere near the same level as Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog overextended themselves making two games at once and Uncharted 3 noticeably suffered as a result.

90sRobots

your avatar is of Leon from Curb pretending to be someone he isn't.

i think you're trolling.

yup.
Yes that must be it! I am the first person to feel this way about Uncharted 3.

UC1 was okay, gave up towards the end due to derp.
UC2 was INCREDIBLE, one of my favoritest games ever.
UC3 was just more of the same. The story did nothing to engage me from the start like 2 did. The gameplay felt stale.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Nope, i find it better actually. To each their own.

Golden Abyss is better then 3. Just sayin.

Edit: Golden Abyss is awesome btw, so that Isn't a slight against 3. I just find it to be the weakest in the series (yes, even below 1).

I'm shocked!

That more people play on Easy then normal...

Also, at the 17 Million. That's like 5M per game since there's no way Golden Abyss did more then 2 million already.

Pranay

I'm shocked!

That more people play on Easy then normal...

Also, at the 17 Million. That's like 5M per game since there's no way Golden Abyss did more then 2 million already.

UC: 4.5 million
UC2: 5.5 million
UC3: 6 million
UC GA: 1.3 million

most likely this ^

jett

D-Member
Uncharted 3 was amazing. It was a great blend of Uncharted 1 and 2.

How is it a blend of UC1 and UC2? It isn't anything like either. Uncharted 3 ramps up the number of cut-scenes and pseudo-interactive set-pieces, and lowers the number of actual shootouts and gameplay content. They bought too much into the "uncharted 2 is just like a blockbuster movie!" hype(which it it wasn't) and actually tried to make one of those.

Top Bottom