• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeo: You missed my post!

There's definitely a reason the teams have names, but if I spilled all the beans about that right now, Frank might deliver a vicious Scottish roundhouse to me when I get back to the office.

Ragarding center text pop-ups I honestly don't even notice them 90% of the time when playing matches. I think it's something that's much more magnified when watch someone else play the game. Rememberwe've said Abigail component of your player experience in Hal 4 is customization so take that however you want.

Glad to hear it! Hopefully that means some leeway with control schemes.

When are we getting the Vidoc :_\

Its called a BTS now dude !

There's definitely a reason the teams have names, but if I spilled all the beans about that right now, Frank might deliver a vicious Scottish roundhouse to me when I get back to the office.

Ragarding center text pop-ups I honestly don't even notice them 90% of the time when playing matches. I think it's something that's much more magnified when watch someone else play the game. Remember we've saida big component of your player experience in Hal 4 is customization so take that however you want.

Remember we've said a big component of your player experience in Halo 4 is customization so take that however you want.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I was shocked at the lack of use of the DMR, because it looks like a beast and whenever people used it they said it was extremely good.

Covie carbine and Storm Rifle (formerly assault carbine)are currently god-tier.

Our amazing sandbox designers are definitely tweaking the balance based on how people are actuall yusing weapons, not just how they say they use them. :)

Would love to do a piece on Cortana Web sometime. Its truly an amazing system.

Havok

I'm stuck on a flight for the next hour or so of you want to keep asking questions. Can't answer everything, but I'll do my best to offer clarification and clear up any lingering confusion.
How is vehicle health handled this time around? There was a clip of a Ghost exploding from front-facing fire (so not the gas tank exploding) while the driver had probably 1/6th of his shield left, and it was a little worrisome with the precedent Reach set.

Is that overshield behavior final?

Really great of you to indulge us, by the way.

I'm stuck on a flight for the next hour or so of you want to keep asking questions. Can't answer everything, but I'll do my best to offer clarification and clear up any lingering confusion.
Is there any particular NEW vehicle you haven't talked about which you're sure will bring the lulz.

Halo 3 had the Chopper, Halo Reach had the Falcon...

You don't have to give us names.

Vire

Our amazing sandbox designers are definitely tweaking the balance based on how people are actuall yusing weapons, not just how they say they use them. :)

Don't you dare nerf the Carbine David. I'll come after you! :p

TCKaos

i0bGTW6qzBXfM.gif

I totally thought the sound of a shark breaking a door down was "GASHUNK".

David, I don't think I've seen 100% confirmation personal ordinance drops are Infinity Slayer exclusive. I know people have been saying that but I can't remember hearing that straight from 343, can you talk about that?

lybertyboy

Seriously though, can you talk about how the vehicle health works? Is it tied to the player's health, or is it completely separate?

There have been changes made to vehicle health from Reach, but can't really go into specifics at the moment.

Vire

This is our opportunity guys! We gotta trick him into saying something he isn't supposed to.

lolz

lybertyboy

This is our opportunity guys! We gotta trick him into saying something he isn't supposed to.

lolz

This is why you can't have nice things.

Not sure how much longer I can keep going. Think they're about to make me turn off my electronics.

lybertyboy

Is there going to be a new covenant sniper or is the one from reach returning? Also will there be any brute weapons or vehicles?

There are lots of new weapons we haven't shown yet. One of the weapons designers was showing me one in particular before I came down for E3 and I can say you've never seen anything quite like this one in Halo before. Awesome stuff.

Louis Wu

I don't think anything substantial, since the Pros were playing on the smaller maps. But Kenneth Scott posted a link to a gallery with some Multiplayer screenshots, which included an overhead of Longbow

iwRyIk1qiE9yA.jpg

Does it remind anyone else of Containment?
Didn't feel even a LITTLE bit like Containment while playing. (My opinion, of course. :) )

Heh, she linked to mastrbiggy's GAF post. :)
And to the picture of him with her and MC. I think she's got a crush on him. ;) )

I'm way behind, because travel took FOREVER yesterday and then real life took today, but there's another disadvantage of PV that probably should be taken into account by people deciding if it's overpowered or not: not everything shows up on it.

Specifically, Hard Light Shields do NOT show up on it. I watched biggy using it on a piece of terrain with a hill; he'd keep track of the folks on the other side of the center ridge, and take shots at them before they could really see him. He ended up dying because he took several shots at a guy who was using a shield... doing zero damage. :)

I thought it was a decent object lesson.

If some kind of orange Promethean nade existed what would its properties be?
Are brutes still part of halo or are they getting sidelined? At one point we had a fairly diverse brute sandbox along side the plasma sandbox

Tawpgun

I have intentionally shot at enemy grenades before and I've hit enemy grenades before. Let's say a bad player dropped his controller and got a no-scope headshot across the map. Where is the intention there?

I was watching an NHL playoff game and the puck bounced off of a player's body into his own goal, and the goal counted. Where is the intention? You really seem irked by my proof through counterexample.

What the hell.

That's horseshit. I'm calling bullshit on you intentionally shooting a thrown grenade out of the air. If you provide video proof that clearly shows it was intentional then that video should be internet famous because it would be the sickest display of Halo skill I have ever seen.

I just really don't like the idea of someone randomly firing their gun trying to hit me, and they hit my grenade, causing it to explode in my face. I've never had it happen to me in any other Halo game.

The grenades in general in this game blow, and it seems Halo 4 nades are looking a lot better.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not sure how to word this question, but is there a weapon from each race that fills each role?

For instance, the shotgun. We already know that there are 2 shotguns. Is there a shotgun/mid range rifle/assault rifle for each race? And how do they all differ?

I guess I'll rephrase that question.

If I have less than a gig of space. Should I be worried about playing Spartan Ops?

Don't think we need Ellis to tell you that through Spartan Ops missions and War Games DLC, less than a gig isn't going to cut it after a while.

I was very impressed in the Carbine at E3, definitely a weapon I'll be looking at using considerably come November. The Storm looked devastating in close range from the little I saw of it as well.

PC map editor with Cortana Web as the interface to transfer maps made on the PC to the Xbox confirmed. :) Probably more accurate is Cortana Web being the new filesharing system. It has been said that customization is a big goal. What is more customizable than maps?

Side note, I'm a member now. :)

Will there be Campaign modifiers similar to skulls? Will they be available in Spartan Ops as well?

Or, more generally, will there be ways to replay Spartan Ops missions in different ways? (Aside from changing difficulty levels and your loadout.)

There are lots of new weapons we haven't shown yet. One of the weapons designers was showing me one in particular before I came down for E3 and I can say you've never seen anything quite like this one in Halo before. Awesome stuff.

I'm guessing it's a Promethean weapon.

Vire

What's the largest level like in terms of scale? Are there levels larger than "The Ark" or "The Covenant" from 3?

Are there more Promethean enemies besides the ones we saw?

Excite!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Does Guilty Spark appear before or after the Chief leaves Requiem? :)
Why don't the Spartan IV's feature in the Campaign? :)
How does Spartan Ops spoil the Campaign? :)
Who dies first on Spartan Ops? :)
When will the other 3/4 Forerunner enemy types get shown?
When will we see Regen Field/Auto Sentry?
How many visual colour upgrades do the Promothean units have? (Orange and Blue being 2)

Defiant maps had some canon elements incorporated intothem (locations from the books), are you guys taking direct inspiration from the newest books to locate your maps, are these new maps being given a back story which relates to the campaign in some way.

Also, the craziest skybox on a MP map, have we seen it yet (Adrift's one looks pretty cool) can you vaguely describe or hint us about it.

blamite

Spartan Ops is obviously designed as a co-op experience, but is it still technically playable in single player?

To what extent will the ordnance system be customizable? Will we be able to choose exactly when and where certain weapons spawn in certain modes, whether that's called out via waypoint, etc? And personal ordnance, will we be able to choose how many points it takes to earn, what sets of options will be offered, stuff like that?

Great of you to do this, btw. Loving the work you guys have done so far. :)

lybertyboy

Spartan Ops is obviously designed as a co-op experience, but is it still technically playable in single player?

Great of you to do this, btw. Loving the work you guys have done so far. :)

It's playable with any combination of 1-4 players.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Since it's all tied together in the fiction, do I need to avoid MP like the plague before I complete campaign in it's entirety?

CyReN

It's playable with any combination of 1-4 players.

Since there's a mini Q/A going on, sounds like there's aim acceleration from what Walshy said. Any hopes of a toggle for that in Halo 4 to reduce "slow turn" problem with controllers and give it that "h1/h2" aim feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom