• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely a reason for this, but if I told you why...roundhouses would be delivered.

my theory is they are controlled by different beings. Didact controlling orange and The librarian controlling blue.

Oh shi could be rampant cortana, I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO LEAVE THIS PLANET.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's funny. On the rare occasions when I use PV during play tests (thrusters for life!) I find myself moving through the levels much faster. Moving constantly and quickly allows me to maximize the situational awareness advantage. I suspect the pros will use it differently once they have more than 7-8 games under their belt.
Best AA confirmed. It was either jetpack or buttslide for me anyway.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
my theory is they are controlled by different beings. Didact controlling orange and The librarian controlling blue.

Oh shi could be rampant cortana, I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO LEAVE THIS PLANET.

And the Didact AI controlling Red? What about MB? Purple?

I thought they banned purple from the game.

:p

Fracas

#fuckonami
Look at how past Halo games have used colours to distinguish between enemy types. :D

Haha, I'll give you that. Still, imagine the awesome of Cortana going rampant with an entire army. Even if multiplayer is terrible, I'd pay $100 just for the campaign.

Which reminds me, I still need to preorder the Limited Edition.

Awesome!

It's really kind of staggering to think about how much content is going to be there to replay. Having the rough equivalent of a second campaign is going to be crazy. And that's before the possibility of a second Spartan Ops season.

Anything you can say about the schedule for creating the Spartan Ops missions? I assume each week's missions will be finished weeks before their release date. Or is it something you can produce and release on a fairly quick basis?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Awesome!

It's really kind of staggering to think about how much content is going to be there to replay. Having the rough equivalent of a second campaign is going to be crazy. And that's before the possibility of a second Spartan Ops season.

Anything you can say about the schedule for creating the Spartan Ops missions? I assume each week's missions will be finished weeks before their release date. Or is it something you can produce and release on a fairly quick basis?

We're going to have a certain ammount finished before we ship.

Ok, I gott shut down as we're about to land.

Thanks all.

ON DISC DLC CONFIRMED. START THE PROTEST GUYZ.

Aww...

Well it was fun while it lasted.

Thanks.

I always had a kind of idea that some part of spops might be on disc but the fact its free and not locked behind a pay wall and sold as new content negates any on disc dlc stuff

kylej

Banned
What the hell.

That's horseshit. I'm calling bullshit on you intentionally shooting a thrown grenade out of the air. If you provide video proof that clearly shows it was intentional then that video should be internet famous because it would be the sickest display of Halo skill I have ever seen.

I just really don't like the idea of someone randomly firing their gun trying to hit me, and they hit my grenade, causing it to explode in my face. I've never had it happen to me in any other Halo game.

The grenades in general in this game blow, and it seems Halo 4 nades are looking a lot better.

Noobs is trolling you dude.

That was actually something I was excited to get feedback from players on during E3.

We had people in the office gathering the mountains of feedback. While not every thing mentioned will be changed, we take these things very seriously.
I really hope it's changed in the final build. The point of bumper jumper (or why I use it, anyway) is to have all of the pertinent actions on the trigger buttons (shoot, nade, jump and melee.) The bulid shown at e3 takes nade off of the trigger, which I think is preposterous. It should be exactly like reach with the exception of sprint on A and AA on X, imo.

Vire

So basically:

1. There's a bunch of weapons not yet shown. There's one in particular that is unlike any other Halo gun yet.

2. There's more vehicles yet to be announced.

3. There's a very specific reason why there's Red Prometheans/Blue Prometheans.

That it?

Real men play Recon

Amen.

Exactly my thoughts. People who have good situational awareness and use their motion sensor are wasting their AA slot if they pick PV. I even found that PV decreases my awareness because I got lazy or had this one track mind of what is in front of me. I think many people at E3 were on the PV bandwagon.

Radar awareness and PV awareness are two totally different things. With a radar you know if someone is around the corner, but that is it. With PV you can have your crosshair on their head before you get the opportunity to shoot - a huge advantage against someone who doesn't use PV. Which is exactly why everyone was using it.

So basically:

1. There's a bunch of weapons not yet shown. There's one in particular that is unlike any other Halo gun yet.

2. There's more vehicles yet to be announced.

3. There's a very specific reason why there's Red Prometheans/Blue Prometheans.

That it?
Text pop-ups MIGHT be toggleable/configurable in some way.

Edit: double post like a boss.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Something that would make me ecstatic for Halo 4, even though I'm not exactly sure how it would work, is if you had the ability to create completely new gametypes. Essentially give Forge/Customs the depth of LittleBigPlanet.

Although Halo's customization as is is quite impressive.

wwm0nkey

Something that would make me ecstatic for Halo 4, even though I'm not exactly sure how it would work, is if you had the ability to create completely new gametypes. Essentially give Forge/Customs the depth of LittleBigPlanet.

Although Halo's customization as is is quite impressive.

LBP amounts of customization would be amazing.

What the hell.

That's horseshit.
You're just mad you can't shoot 'nades, bk.

In all honesty, I have attempted to shoot nades out of the air, if it was convenient to do so, such as a 'nade arcing up or down into the path of my reticule.

But you didn't reply to my controller drop or NHL playoff example.

I can never turn down a BJ
controller configuration.

cowboysmile5zb33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom