• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 32 rarest Limited Edition consoles ever

EvB

Many of those weren't that rare,

Check out the Hulk/Pepsi Xbox , I made up the 'fact' there were 35 of them when I sold mine on ebay in 2004 and it's now all over the Internet as the truth.

thumb.php

Apparently there was 6 ever. I don't believe that for a second, NCSX had loads on preorder (Pure White with 20 character personalisation).

Bowler

wasn't there some sort of Turbograhix 16 Shuttle console?

Edit: I must of seen a PC Engine Shuttle Console Locally....

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://driph.com/words/2009/09/divers-2000-series-cx-1-dreamcast/

Here’s the Divers 2000 series CX-1 Dreamcast, a rare all-in-one console unit developed by Fuji, intended as a video communications and gaming device for the consumer and hospitality markets. Released just one year before production of the entire Dreamcast platform ceased, the CX-1 was unique, short-lived, and expensive, selling for over four times the 19,900¥ price of the standard Dreamcast console at the time.

3904966099_4f6126e694_z.jpg

3905744050_dc099f362f_z.jpg

3904966359_1ab5808846_z.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8rVJ1Qz8o

Dunan

I had the Cloud Black PS3; bought it at what looked like a great price to experience the Agito/Versus/Advent Children content and then sell on eBay, and despite several other eBayers getting $800+ for theirs, mine didn't sell. Ended up having to put it up for sale in Japan and unloaded it to an Indonesian buyer for a very small profit.

And I found myself not enjoying Advent Children to the point where I never even got around to finishing the movie after seeing the first 20 minutes or so. I loved the Agito material, though.

xJavonta

Banned
And almost all of them look terrible.

Also, why do companies insist on using "page-slideshows"? If anything that turn people AWAY from the site immediately. So bad.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
How has this not been mentioned yet?

Ma%20GBA%20SP%20Hot%20Mario%2020t%20-%202.JPG

The initial Famicom GBA SPs were an extremely limited Club Nintendo prize, raffled through a lottery IIRC. Famicom-style SPs eventually went into mass market production, but with a much different control face design.

variant_famicom_gbasp.jpg

Similarly, there was an extremely limited Player II variant faceplate for the Famicom GB Micro:

GBM_famicom_faceplate.jpg

GimMick

Since it hasn't been posted here yet, does anyone here on GAF has the red DS phat LE which was in the bundle with Mario Kart DS ? I wanted this one so bad and I was super mad it was a US exclusive. I don't know how rare it is though, probably not SO rare.

Wanted the Kyogre GBA SP too. Saw it only once but couldn't afford it :(
Didn't know about the Golden Pikachu GBA and the Celebi GBA. Those are pretty rad !

Kanyon

I wonder if Nintendo had gone with this DVD playback model of the GameCube, would things be different today?

It's a pretty out there design for a console though, but would have fit right in with entertainment units. If this was available in Australia I would have definitely bought it, but alas my black GameCube was more than adequate for the time.

DJMicLuv

Keep the pics coming, some of these are pure gorgeous!

That CX1 Dreamcast looks fantastic! I've never owned a limited console but I've always loved the look of the Panny Q since it was first released.

Not sure how rare they are but I own one of these:

yD5hk.jpg

Japanese Toys R Us 10th Anniversary edition.
According to IGN they're "in extremely limited numbers".

apana

I wish that the PS3 Harry Potter bundle came with Harry Potter art design. It's annoying how we have so few options for artwork.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The only abnormal console I have is the Halo Edition og Xbox. They made like 200k I think so it's not really rare at all.

It looks awesome though, I love the clear green + black.

Top Bottom