• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

student runs away with married teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononofu

Meh most on gaf aren't going to hook up with some teeny bopper, I can't speak for the moe anime/Victoria Justice crowd though.

tumblr_m3k90vaX9B1qd8z57o2_250.gif

some updates, the father of megan gave a fresh appeal on crimewatch last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19754627

and a european arrest warrant has been issued for jeremy, the case is now one of child abduction.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/sep/27/european-arrest-warrant-jeremy-forrest?newsfeed=true

the reporting of the story has also changed a bit in the uk, lots of reports are now using the older picture of megan where she had red hair. not sure what to make of it to be honest, it leaves a bad taste by trying to make her look younger than she really is.

I feel sorry for his wife, to know that your husband left you for a 15yo must be hard to deal with.

just knowing that he'd much rather share the company of someone half his age to you. can't imagine how you start to process and deal with that knowledge.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Meh most on gaf aren't going to hook up with some teeny bopper, I can't speak for the moe anime/Victoria Justice crowd though.

Don't worry, most anime/manga fans are normal people too, so you can safely include them into your GAF generalization.

Anyways, this story is creepy, and that dude is a whack.

jaxword

the reporting of the story has also changed a bit in the uk, lots of reports are now using the older picture of megan where she had red hair. not sure what to make of it to be honest, it leaves a bad taste by trying to make her look younger than she really is.

Not surprising the media wants to play up the HORRIBLE THINK OF THE POOR INNOCENT LITTLE GIRL aspect. Nothing gets more attention than that.

Doesn't really matter though, this guy's an idiot creep and will be arrested soon since his pic's everywhere. How long could he possibly live on the lam for under a teacher's salary? A few months? And his Bank account is probably being traced now so it's really just a matter of when he runs out of pocket cash and has to take some out and boom, two days later he's done.

nOoblet16

Not surprising the media wants to play up the HORRIBLE THINK OF THE POOR INNOCENT LITTLE GIRL aspect. Nothing gets more attention than that.

Doesn't really matter though, this guy's an idiot creep and will be arrested soon since his pic's everywhere. How long could he possibly live on the lam for under a teacher's salary? A few months? And his Bank account is probably being traced now so it's really just a matter of when he runs out of pocket cash and has to take some out and boom, two days later he's done.

The thing is they're probably somewhere in France right now as that's where they were seen last time, and no one is actually doing anything to find them there (no tracing, blocking of accounts and stuff) since the girl is of legal age of consent. Though that's not to say that he won't be arrested if they find him walking down a street casually.

jaxword

The thing is they're probably somewhere in France right now as that's where they were seen last time, and no one is actually doing anything to find them there (no tracing, blocking of accounts and stuff) since the girl is of legal age of consent. Though that's not to say that he won't be arrested if they find him walking down a street casually.

If I were that girl's father, I'd be spending every resource I had getting the legal system to trace the creep down. I don't claim to be an expert but I'm sure the parents must have SOME recourse.

Lakitu

st5fu
Two things: I hope they catch him and the girl returns safely and her parents punish her severely.

His wife is hot.

JonnyBrad

Eventually they will be caught. A 15 year old girl will probably realise what a chore it is travelling around with a 30 year old once her infatuation subsides. They will likely run out of money as well. Plus hey its a 15 year old. She won't be able to last long without access to social media. Also now there is a European arrest warrant out it'll be much easier to trace him.

On a more serious note. I hope they throw the fucking book at this guy. One of the golden rules of being a teacher is not to get involved with students. Its a matter of trust.

JonnyBrad

There is a Euro Arrest Warrant out for him now. Abducting a minor. So they will be tracing him now.

The police here will have gone through all his comps and searches online (maybe via the ISP) unless he's a fucking ninja he will have left clues as to where he will be going.

They will get caught and he'll go to jail. Thrown his life away for a 15 year old infatuation.

She's cute as hell

But why now at 15? Surely wait until 16 and that shit will be legal. (just read since he's a teacher, it's 18- oh well. I guess he's thirsty!)

Eitherway at this age, I think she is making a relatively educated (excuse the pun) decision.

Juicy Bob

He should know better. If he does 'love' her, putting her in this sort of situation is one of the most harmful things he could've done to her. Pillock.

On this subject I gotta say its not uncommon.

It happens probably more frequently than most young teenage girls are willing to admit and more often than we probably know. The whole relationship between an older man and a teenage old girl is culturally taboo so its often kept in secrecy.

Juicy Bob

BBC News reporting that the pair have been found. Forrest has been arrested and Megan is in Police protection.

BBC News said:
Missing teenager Megan Stammers has been found in France, according to Sussex Police.

She was found with teacher Jeremy Forrest on Friday at 12:15 BST. Mr Forrest was arrested and Megan has been taken into protection, said police.

The information which led to them being located came as a direct result of media coverage in France, Sussex Police said.

The pair had been missing since boarding a ferry last Thursday.

Idiot threw away his marriage, career and pretty much life for a week in France with a 15 year old.

it was in the news a few days ago that they were together for months before running off. they apparently got together during a trip to the united states. her friends reported him to the school months ago but they seemingly ignored the issue.

not surprising that they did, the school has has two scandals with teachers or people in charge abusing and grooming young kids.

Rich!

Do you think they were oblivious to the media coverage or something?

I have no fucking clue.

I've spent a lot of time in France, been to bordeaux a few times, and there's a lot of UK papers over there in train stations and the like. Even found a few copies of the telegraph in Dax once. And this past week, their faces were all over the UK papers.

When I saw the pics I thought the girl was the teacher and the guy was the kid. What is this

Without looking at the article, I thought the guy was 15 and the girl was the teacher.

I actually thought she was the 30 year old when first looking at the picture hah.

I thought this was a joke thread. When I looked at the photo I thought she was the teacher and he a student.

That was the impression I got. My reaction was "Yeah, sometimes young guys can be really impulsive like that." I was initially really confused by the replies in this thread when I first skimmed it.

Now, sadly that we know that he's older than she is, we will have to set Rory on fire.

Seriously, she looks late 20s in that first pic and he looks like a teen. And he's a jerk for leaving his wife, that's the real tragedy here.

jaxword

How can you experience a lapse in judgement like this?

Who knows what troubles his marriage had? Maybe they were on the way to divorce. Maybe they stopped having sex a year ago. Maybe he was drunk and horny. Who knows, all we know is that he was an idiot and will probably suffer heavily for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom