• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank if you could possibly answer this question it would be appreciated,

Is a doubles playlist something thats being looked at for implementation or are you guys waiting on more smaller scale maps? Just wondering bc it is my favorite list in previous games as i usually have a tougher time (in Reach anyways) getting everyone on for team slayer/obj

Also, i would also like to see CSR in game But arent we basically in the age where we have access to the internet anywhere (including when gaming having a separate device to do non-xbl online stuff) So im really confused at some of the neg reception. We have to go online to check our more in depth stats anyways and in Halo 2 bungie.net was the way you saw your actual progress toward next rank.

J10

Banned
Because the implementation sucks. You think homeless people are going to be super happy when they can sleep in a cardboard box instead of op sleeping under the sky? It's better but it's in no regard an ideal solution.

Fantastic analogy. Halo 4 matchmaking truly is like sleeping in a carboard box now.

-_-

L1NETT

Europe/UKGaf, how many of you would be willing to run Spops legendary with me on Wednesday? (need Tuesday for campaign)

I haven't played with any of you lot before, I apologize for my nasal voice beforehand :/

GT is L1NETT

Oh and my connection is pretty shocking, you can try if you want US but I wouldn't recommend it.

----

Heckfu you alright? Why you in hospital?

If a ranking system is viewable only at Halo Waypoint, does a ranking system really exist?

Phahah.

Your rank encountered an error.

Oh and since its not going into effect until next year theyre hopefully going to make 50 feel more like "50"as they will be able to tell where the average, bad and exceptional players are at from launch-implementation

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Frank if you could possibly answer this question it would be appreciated,

Is a doubles playlist something thats being looked at for implementation or are you guys waiting on more smaller scale maps? Just wondering bc it is my favorite list in previous games as i usually have a tougher time (in Reach anyways) getting everyone on for team slayer/obj

Also, i would also like to see CSR in game But arent we basically in the age where we have access to the internet anywhere (including when gaming having a separate device to do non-xbl online stuff) So im really confused at some of the neg reception. We have to go online to check our more in depth stats anyways and in Halo 2 bungie.net was the way you saw your actual progress toward next rank.

It's cumbersome

Why should I require extra hardware to facilitate a function that was in-game? It's just making things more irritating and wasteful

Like I want ranks for the purpose of driving the enjoyment. Pushing myself to succeed and excel.

Really takes you out of the game when you have to quit the game or load up a web page to see where you stand. I don't look at rank in passing, I want to see it every time I'm in between games.

Halo 2 system (slightly adjusted) with in game function that shows you progress is ultimately what I want to see. No burying in waypoint, not pushing it into your service record... I want to see it in the matchmaking party. Why does it have to be so difficult?

Why even announce it if only on waypoint is the only solution? It just makes me more angry that its just tacked on. Like holding a carrot in front of my face teasing me with this functionality. Do it right or don't do it at all. This is like a Romney level relief rally.

Omni

Wait, ranking system on Waypoint? When was this confirmed?

Edit. Haha, people are still bitching. Stay classy GAF.

Caja 117

Because the implementation sucks. You think homeless people are going to be super happy when they can sleep in a cardboard box instead of op sleeping under the sky? It's better but it's in no regard an ideal solution.
Why does it sucks, because its not in the game? you saw the reasons why is like that. And Don't compare a human life to video game ranking system , you can use a less extreme analogy.

Caja 117

Holy shit sensy, jokes are off limits I reckon. My sincerest apologies!

I would had taken it as a joke if you wouldnt had been in my case a couple of time before (Im still butthurt with the grammar lessons you gave me), apologies accepted, I didnt came to this forum to gain enemies, so, hope there is no harm feelings from your side.

dewxp.png

It is finished.

Because we are using player data and population behavior to prevent the problems that happened with the last one. (In before somebody says that there were no account boosters/rank whorers etc and that only a couple of bad apples did that.)
I guess it's good that it at least exists, although having it as a Waypoint exclusive kind of kills it for me. Just curious: why didn't you consider putting the necessary UI elements in the game (but suppressed) for being able to view your own rank? That way, once the system is rolled out, the feedback system is available to the player without being forced to consult Waypoint? Of course, you mentioned this could eventually be added in the future, just wondering what the drawback would be.

Arnie

Because we are using player data and population behavior to prevent the problems that happened with the last one. (In before somebody says that there were no account boosters/rank whorers etc and that only a couple of bad apples did that.)

Fair and reasoned explanation.

Can we view our opponent's and teammate's rank in a pre-game lobby, via in-game means, akin to popping up a service record?

Why does it sucks, because its not in the game? you saw the reasons why is like that. And Don't compare a human life to video game ranking system , you can use a less extreme analogy.

-No in game indication of your rank
-No specific ranked playlists so not all the players will go into a playlist with the mindset to play ranked and no possibility to play relaxed in a playlist you also play ranked in (if you want to keep your rank)
-Possible join in progress

Kibbles

Permanently Banned, wtf? I thought we didn't have to worry about that anymore? I posted my game earlier

Gamertag: xI Ace xI

DopeyFish

Any rank is better than no rank, now show plans for a doubles playlist and I'll be the happiest camper of them all.

No, not really

Just reading the halo waypoint comments shows that people are going to blow their lid when they realize its nothing like they expected

They just see rank, 1-50 and lost their shit

But instead it's BPR all over again

I saw that and got excited thinking omg halo 2/3 is back

Then I just became angry again

It's a fucking tease is all it is

Romney relief ranking

Caja 117

-No in game indication of your rank
-No specific ranked playlists so not all the players will go into a playlist with the mindset to play ranked and no possibility to play relaxed in a playlist you also play ranked in (if you want to keep your rank)
-Possible join in progress

Your second point i gather will have less impact as you progress in your ranks, by the time you are 40+ you should only be matched against people who care about the W.

Im guessing some playlist wont have join in progress, the community will only care about ranks in these playlists, you could say this will be untainted ranks.

your points are valid, but I also understand the situation about booster and cheaters, and ways to fight them, from my experience is really hard to come up with an automated software that can deal with this problem.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No, not really

Just reading the halo waypoint comments shows that people are going to blow their lid when they realize its nothing like they expected

They just see rank, 1-50 and lost their shit

But instead it's BPR all over again

I saw that and got excited thinking omg halo 2/3 is back

Then I just became angry again

It's a fucking tease is all it is

Romney relief ranking

God you are so fucking wrong. BPR was broken! It meant nothing!

This is win/loss on a per playlist basis.

Fuchsdh

Yo, HaloGAF, anyone here competent/good/great with 3D modelling and texturing? Might have a job for someone who's interested.

DopeyFish

God you are so fucking wrong. BPR was broken! It meant nothing!

This is win/loss on a per playlist basis.

But it still means fucking nothing because its buried exactly like BPR; that is the number one reason it was useless

The second reason was it was an unintelligible number

Sorry, but I don't accept a half assed solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom