• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

I don't expect others to. But if more regulars did so you just might see more sportsmanship more often, like the Quake example I gave earlier. That stuff was across servers, and across a decent segment of the playerbase. But no, I don't expect it, nor do I expect that everybody plays games for the same reasons I do, because assuming there is only one reason and one way to play would be pretty narrowminded, wouldn't it?
Some people like having their persistent bars go up, some like playing with limitations, whatever the case I'm sure you realize one universal truth prevails. Playin' to win ain't wrong.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Alot of players never had a good friend or brother verbally shit on them when they were still learning to play.

IMO the only true way to learn Halo.

Gazzawa

League of Legends will not start for some reason. See this poop:

jy9jU75HF2hyT.png

Explain Gazza. Explain this shit. Still better than Halo 4.

ok.
8142607005_39367b7f8c.jpg

Halo 2: HD version without MP, just walk away

Id buy it for the Campaign

I'd be fine waiting for 2014 for "Halo 2 Anniversary" because that would mean it's on Nextbox and it would look fucking glorious.

And in 2017 we can have "Halo 3 Anniversary" and it would be the definitive Halo game and they would cancel Halo 6 because everyone would just play Halo 3 Anniversary for the rest of their lives.

Halo 2 >>> 3

Crazy shit. Ill stop playing games before i start buying them in gamestop. They are cunts.

Have Halo Anniversary on now, the menu music has been playing for around 15 minutes. So fucking good.

BigShow36

Sportsmanship should take precedence over viability, but I mostly agree. They put the damn camo and boltshot in, and people are going to use it, especially when going for a perfection challenge - that's all on 343.

Exactly my point. Winning is everything, "fun" is described as some kind of psychosis. It's one of the reasons I liked the Arena concept - it let me know which playlists to avoid.

"Winning" based on a score is the only objective measure we can use though. "Fun" for one person is not the same as "fun" for another. For me personally, "fun" means competing in a balanced arena that rewards players proportional to their ability, decisions and actions. It means something completely different to other people.

We can't expect players to play solely based on our idea of "fun," because it's a subjective thing. When we enter a competitive setting, we should expect players to be competing for the only objective goal possible; winning. When developers try to bring "fun" into the competitive setting by adding uncompetitive components, its a futile effort that ultimately results in the game being less fun for most people.

I'm not saying everyone should only have fun by winning, but they should go into every game expecting the rest of the players to play to win. If winning isn't your definition of fun, thats fine, but don't get upset when other players play to win. Most people I've talked to don't care about getting beaten by tactics they view as "fair," but they do have a problem when they get beaten by tactics that are "unfair."

Am I saying they're wrong, that there are no cheap or unfair tactics? No, there are unfortunately plenty of tactics that are "cheap" or "unfair," meaning they disproportionately reward players for performing actions that require little skill or strategy. It's the developer’s job to create a more balanced environment because that will actually make the game more fun for everyone involved.

Like I've always said, more balanced = more fun for the majority of players.

Dead serious, I mean was that supposed to be funny?
It's a part of a complete episode of a live action series. The whole series parodies hardcore "uber" gamers. That video parodies Zero Punctuation because Yahtzee is basically obsessed with single player games and story, etc while Pure Pwnage follows ultra competitive stereotyped gamers. They even made fun of how poor their fake accent was and a bunch of other stuff.

Oh, so it's similar to ZP, still terrible.

Nahtzee/Yahtzee, all the same.
Disagree, I do enjoy Yahtzee in small doses and when he stays away from talking about anything multiplayer related. This was just a terrible knock off without any of the wit or intelligence throwing out shit like "ghey." And what the fuck was that faux accent? Truly awful.

Welp, Picking that up in the next steam sale.
It was just 75% off this past Mid-Week Madness!

Disagree, I do enjoy Yahtzee in small doses and when he stays away from talking about anything multiplayer related. This was just a terrible knock off without any of the wit or intelligence throwing out shit like "ghey." And what the fuck was that faux accent? Truly awful.

Guys... It was supposed to be all those things. They even made reference to that accent in the damn video. The guys on Pure Pwnage are disillusioned thinking they are the best ever and the be-all-end-all of gamers. Guys...

Guys... It was supposed to be all those things. They even made reference to that accent in the damn video. The guys on Pure Pwnage are disillusioned thinking they are the best ever and the be-all-end-all of gamers. Guys...
Yes, I got that. But it's bad, not funny, and unoriginal. I understand the intent, that doesn't give it a free pass to be shit.

Enfinit

If you have any of the following words/letters in your gamertag, I automatically think negatively of you:

- Any variation of the word "snipe", including SnIpE, SnipE, Sn1pe, Sn1p3, etc.
- Anything consisting of multiple x's before or after your gamertag, i.e. xXx -- XxX
- Anything involving a lowercase "i" before a noun or verb, i.e. iQuickscope
- Anything involving alternating capital letters (exception to this rule: CyReN)
- Anything including the words "MLG"
- Anything referring to weed and other illegal drugs
- Including the numbers "69" or "420"
- Including the words "YOLO", "swag", or "pwn"

Think that covers the basis.

If you have any of the following words/letters in your gamertag, I automatically think negatively of you:

- Any variation of the word "snipe", including SnIpE, SnipE, Sn1pe, Sn1p3, etc.
- Anything consisting of multiple x's before or after your gamertag, i.e. xXx -- XxX
- Anything involving a lowercase "i" before a noun or verb, i.e. iQuickscope
- Anything involving alternating capital letters (exception to this rule: CyReN)
- Anything including the words "MLG"
- Anything referring to weed and other illegal drugs
- Including the numbers "69" or "420"
- Including the words "YOLO", "swag", or "pwn"

Think that covers the basis.

You would have loved my GT: OMGiTzAnMLGPRO

Signed xxjuicesxx

kylej

Banned
i saw kenanNkel420 while playing a game of Narrows years ago. I will also always remember Garlicbread FTW because really who disagrees with that gamertag

personally I'm pretty fond of my Tom Taylors GED halo 3 alt. also neighbors dad. also booties jr. I think our old ron paul joke gamertags were the best though. one of my friends had some variation on "gold 420 standard". booties remembers. shit was good.

i saw kenanNkel420 while playing a game of Narrows years ago. I will also always remember Garlicbread FTW because really who disagrees with that gamertag

personally I'm pretty fond of my Tom Taylors GED halo 3 alt. also neighbors dad. also booties jr. I think our old ron paul joke gamertags were the best though. one of my friends had some variation on "gold 420 standard". booties remembers. shit was good.

Haha, indisputable.

Erm.. yes. Is it an America thing?

It's in reference to this beautiful plant, and the gathering to consume it at that time of day, and especially on that day, April 20.

Top Bottom