• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does the media hate Michael Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest opinions? I think they're just rubbish and out of control these days.

The media claimed Michael Jackson was booed at the World Music awards and as i Michael Jackson fan i was a bit disapointed to hear this and yet fan report after fan report said that he was not booed, and some media even reported mass hysteria.

The only boos that were heard is because they were taking too long to get to Michael. The media announced this as a failed comeback and yet the guy was never meant to perform.

do you hear and boos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-0gxdbByTo

Michael Jackson will never get booed anywhere he goes. Sorry haters.

They hate him because he's a sensitive topic that sells papers when he's hated. You won't sell any papers with a headline that says "Hey, guys! Maybe he's innocent!"

The Thriller album hanging on the wall in my home theater room says MJ can do no wrong. :D

C4Lukins

I do not know anyone who actually hates the guy. He is a circus though, and it sells for everyone involved. He is a legitimate freak now, and that overshadows his past accomplishments.

C4Lukins

Aika'svyse said:
Thriller recently certified for 104 million copies sold.:)

Closer to 27 million here in the US, unless there is some crazy worldwide certification process I am not aware of.

C4Lukins said:
Closer to 27 million here in the US, unless there is some crazy worldwide certification process I am not aware of.
Yeah that number is correct for the states, Thriller is number 2 behind the Eagles, but worldwide, Guinness World Records has it at 104 copies sold. I'm guessing this includes singles sold also.

kojacker

Aika'svyse said:
Honest opinions? I think they're just rubbish and out of control these days.

The media claimed Michael Jackson was booed at the World Music awards and as i Michael Jackson fan i was a bit disapointed to hear this and yet fan report after fan report said that he was not booed, and some media even reported mass hysteria.

The only boos that were heard is because they were taking too long to get to Michael. The media announced this as a failed comeback and yet the guy was never meant to perform.

do you hear and boos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-0gxdbByTo
He was booed, I heard the booing on the news. After he first came out on the stage and didn't perform some of the audience booed because they thought that was it from him. At the end when he came out a second time, and after singing Heal the World, some booed again as it was so half-assed.

Edit: The video is the wrong part, he was booed when he left the stage the first time and AFTER heal the world. Not before singing Heal the World as in your video link.

I have no idea how many people or whatever, but he definitely was.

tnw

Banned
I think the way he's become is kind of the result of the sacrifice for doing such great things before.

He's kind of obsessed with not having a normal childhood, and compensates for it odd ways that the media can misconstrue.

I wish he got the respect he deserves.

tnw said:
I think the way he's become is kind of the result of the sacrifice for doing such great things before.

He's kind of obsessed with not having a normal childhood, and compensates for it odd ways that the media can misconstrue.

I wish he got the respect he deserves.
Agreed

kojacker said:
He was booed, I heard the booing on the news. After he first came out on the stage and didn't perform some of the audience booed because they thought that was it from him. At the end, after Heal the World, some booed again as it was so half-assed.
He was never set to perform at all though, he never said he was performing, he came to get an award, the media dreamed up the performance, and another thing is they keep reporting he did Heal the World, the song was We are the World. The media left out the"we want Michael chants" They booed Chris Brown who performed Thriller, Booed Lohan, they were booing everyone because they came to see Michael.

kojacker

Aika'svyse said:
Agreed

He was never set to perform at all though, he never said he was performing, he came to get an award, the media dreamed up the performance, and another thing is they keep reporting he did Heal the World, the song was We are the World. The media left out the"we want Michael chants"
Ooops, no that was my mistake! I got my worlds mixed up! No sleep finally caught up with me.
They booed Chris Brown who performed Thriller, Booed Lohan, they were booing everyone because they came to see Michael.
You're a bit MJ obsessive aren't you. I wasn't paying much attention but I never heard boos for anyone else, MJ was the big draw but not everyone was sitting waiting around for MJ at the expense of everyone else. Ofcourse, no-one in Britain even knows who Chris Brown is, and not many more know Lohan.

Chris Brown's performance was booed because people were expecting MJ to perform thriller and felt let down.

Rightly or wrongly a lot of people were left disappointed regarding him, get over it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i think perhaps people get a bit tired of the attention he gets for his weirdness, but also how much ongoing credit he gets for past acheivements.

yeah, thriller was cool, but its OLD. aside from the media circus of the trial, he hasn't really done much of note in quite some time (cept dangling a baby out of a window and doing an ill-advised interview with that Bashir dude). Musically, he hasn't done anything of relevance in years.

i'm a massive fan of his earlier stuff (up until about 1995) but imo nothing since then has been very good. It's sad to watch something like the Dangerous concert special he did years ago, and see what he's like now.

His weirdness and personal life took over his artistic achievements a long time ago.

Aika'svyse said:
Agreed

He was never set to perform at all though, he never said he was performing, he came to get an award, the media dreamed up the performance,

he's first in the list of performers on the World Music Awards website.

kojacker said:
Ooops, no that was my mistake! I got my worlds mixed up! No sleep finally caught up with me.

You're a bit MJ obsessive aren't you. I wasn't paying much attention but I never heard boos for anyone else, MJ was the big draw but not everyone was sitting waiting around for MJ at the expense of everyone else. Ofcourse, no-one in Britain even knows who Chris Brown is, and not many more know Lohan.

Chris Brown's performance was booed because people were expecting MJ to perform thriller and felt let down.

Rightly or wrongly a lot of people were left disappointed regarding him, get over it.
Nope i'm not obsessive and will even admit he's brought a lot on himself, but i like to see the most accurate reporting as possible. Also no there's an article I read today that says he did Heal the World. Also I hate it when people get booed, but reports from people there said they got booed. not me. The news reported Rihanna getting booed

A lot of the blame goes on current management, they should have squashed the performance rumors instead of letting them persist.

MJ need to rehire Frank DiLeo as manager
mike_dileo.jpg

kammy

Banned
Can we agree that they boo'ed cos he wasnt going to perform or didnt do enough NOT becasue they hate his ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom