• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Party Night (for those that actually party)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I've been doing coke for years. Every night, it leaves me feeling like there was a record-high pollen count the previous night (I already have bad allergies), but it has always been worth it.

Now, I'm not sure. OK, morning showers typically are made up of me blowing my nose and coming up with bloody palms. I've become accustomed to that. But recently, I haven't even enjoyed the weekends.

Sometimes I buy the coke, sometimes I don't. I always contribute my stuff on the weed and alcohol pot, just like everybody else that's a regular, but the coke is something that is there or it isn't. Meaning, if one guy doesn't have it, nobody does. Meaning more specifically, at least lately, if I don't have it, nobody does.

Personally, I find coke to be a very subjective drug. I know a lot of people say it's the greatest thing ever regardless of the situation, but I find that, in practice, what you get out of coke depends greatly on the state of mind you're in when you do it. When you're feeling used, doing coke is more of a detriment than being sober.

But I can't help but feel that all of this might be subjective. I can't sleep. I'm in agony, and I'm dead tired, but I can't possibly sleep with all of these mixed emotions in my head.

Is there a way to view it from the standpoint that I'm not being used? These guys are all good friends, but they haven't chipped in on the coke in half a year. However, they do chip in on everything else.

Am I perhaps being paranoid, and just neglecting that coke may be the lowest priority for everyone but me?

Virgin Wii said:
OK. I've been doing coke for years. Every night, it leaves me feeling like there was a record-high pollen count the previous night (I already have bad allergies), but it has always been worth it.

Now, I'm not sure. OK, morning showers typically are made up of me blowing my nose and coming up with bloody palms. I've become accustomed to that. But recently, I haven't even enjoyed the weekends.

Sometimes I buy the coke, sometimes I don't. I always contribute my stuff on the weed and alcohol pot, just like everybody else that's a regular, but the coke is something that is there or it isn't. Meaning, if one guy doesn't have it, nobody does. Meaning more specifically, at least lately, if I don't have it, nobody does.

Personally, I find coke to be a very subjective drug. I know a lot of people say it's the greatest thing ever regardless of the situation, but I find that, in practice, what you get out of coke depends greatly on the state of mind you're in when you do it. When you're feeling used, doing coke is more of a detriment than being sober.

But I can't help but feel that all of this might be subjective. I can't sleep. I'm in agony, and I'm dead tired, but I can't possibly sleep with all of these mixed emotions in my head.

Is there a way to view it from the standpoint that I'm not being used? These guys are all good friends, but they haven't chipped in on the coke in half a year. However, they do chip in on everything else.

Am I perhaps being paranoid, and just neglecting that coke may be the lowest priority for everyone but me?

I'm sorry.

Virgin Wii said:

What are you willing to do for coke?

Nick

Sounds like your friends are real chodes. Dump those bitchez and find some real blow pigs. You'll thank yourself later.

it's very hard to stress this point. i know you probably don't take a forums opinion that... well if at all. but let me make this very, very very clear to you

STOP DOING THE GOD DAMN COKE

i'm sorry, but it's hard to feel bad for someone who does this to themselves.

Mute

Banned
Tell them you can't afford to supply the coke for everyone anymore. Not sure why this would be so hard. If they can't get it, then that's their problem. Don't feel like you have to do something for someone when you don't want to. Obviously the favor is not being repayed. What the **** do you do for a living, anyway? That is an expensive habit.

Oh yeah, and you may want to cut back a bit. Daily nose bleeds are not exactly a great sign of health.

Mute said:
Tell them you can't afford to supply the coke for everyone anymore. Not sure why this would be so hard.

It is if you've known the group at large for several years, and you invite a small section of them to the other room for a few minutes (assuming you've chopped the stuff up beforehand, otherwise, add on a few minutes to the alone time where people will be wondering what you're doing). Then, after everyone comes back into the room, sniffing loudly every few mintues... somebody who's been left out will definitley guess what's up.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Mute said:
Tell them you can't afford to supply the coke for everyone anymore. Not sure why this would be so hard. If they can't get it, then that's their problem. Don't feel like you have to do something for someone when you don't want to. Obviously the favor is not being repayed. What the **** do you do for a living, anyway? That is an expensive habit.

Oh yeah, and you may want to cut back a bit. Daily nose bleeds are not exactly a great sign of health.

Pretty much. Freeloading once in a while is one thing, but, all of the time is an entirely different ballgame.

well, the way you make it sounds is that your hanging with mates, but you like Coke, so they are takin a bit when you buy some. Maybe they arn't really that bothered about it, but will have some if you've got it. Can't see anything wrong with this. Well would you take it by yourself? if yes its kinda sad.
I'm not really a for or against drugs, its up to the individual, but my personal stand point is only take little bits rarely so its a fun experiance (but not a habbit or a usual action or whatever). Your completely scattered, sound like your paranoid and are bleedin n shit.
Go grab a slab and nothing else, go chill with your mates and have a good drunken time, else is you could become depressed or something and look back at this none the too fondly with alienated friends.

Odysseus

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Wtf

Seriously, coke is bad

come on

coke classic
coke zero
cherry coke

those are some quality beverages

i'm with you, though, if you were talking about diet coke or vanilla coke

miyuru

That sucks when people freeload off you like that, I know what you're saying in principle.

Still, I think you have much bigger problems, but then again, I don't even know you.

Odysseus said:
come on

coke classic
coke zero
cherry coke

Geez, Vanilla coke is the only one i ever thought was worth drinking. Normal coke has changed for the worse since they put it in plastic bottles :D

Lobster

Banned
Odysseus said:
come on

coke classic
coke zero
cherry coke

:lol Yup...definitely best poster.

Anyway......Get off the cocaine.

miyuru said:
That sucks when people freeload off you like that, I know what you're saying in principle.

Still, I think you have much bigger problems, but then again, I don't even know you.
i dunno, it sounds like these people are friends who are brining weed and beer etc along. Unless they have coke or speed or something and just arn't sharing, then i don't see the problem. If you bring something to a party and share, you can't just expect them to start buying to bring. If they're asking you to score for them then its a different reason of course. Beers a lot cheaper anyway :D

Coke ISN'T bad, in moderation.

I know some people that can't stop doing coke, as long as they have it and it's thiers to use. They'll keep using it until it's gone, even if it means they're awake for a couple days straight. THAT'S bad.

I know some people that MUST have it every time I see them (granted, these people aren't among my core group of friends... but, admittedly, after reading this thread, I realise my own friends might see me in this way). THAT'S bad.

Doing coke casually? It's a pure, natural drug. As long as you don't get addicted to it, I don't see the problem.

Lobster

Banned
Virgin Wii said:

I know some people that can't stop doing coke, as long as they have it and it's thiers to use. They'll keep using it until it's gone, even if it means they're awake for a couple days straight. THAT'S bad.

I know some people that MUST have it every time I see them (granted, these people aren't among my core group of friends... but, admittedly, after reading this thread, I realise my own friends might see me in this way). THAT'S bad.

Doing coke casually? It's a pure, natural drug. As long as you don't get addicted to it, I don't see the problem.

Im calling the cops.

Virgin Wii said:

Dude, it's coke. It's not good for your body, period.

way more

Virgin Wii said:

That's pretty much how it goes with coke man. It's usually too expensive for most people to want to do it all the time. Good luck with all that though.

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
Virgin Wii said:

Either this is a joke thread or you just like to lie to yourself. Your first post shows you acknowledging that things aren't ok and here you are back pedaling already. Either get off that shit, or just stfu about it keep on your downward spiral. You know it's not helping you by the fact of you making this thread. You know what you have to do. So fuvkin do it or gtfo.

Nick

Virgin Wii said:
I know you've got my best interests in mind, Nick. Much thanks, bro.

FO' LIFE!!b
I just have a problem with people wagging their fingers in other peoples faces when they should be looking in the mirror and caring about themselves. I've never tried a drug outside of weed, but who the **** am I to judge someone elses actions? If it's fun and it makes you happy, go for it.

Oh yeah... STOP DONG COCKE!!

Nick said:
Convincing.

Let's see...it greatly puts you at risk for heart attacks, can cause bruxism, and of course eventually your body won't react to normal doses of it and will demand more (which leads to dependency)...shall I go on?

Virgin Wii :(

Nick said:
I just have a problem with people wagging their fingers in other peoples faces when they should be looking in the mirror and caring about themselves. I've never tried a drug outside of weed, but who the **** am I to judge someone elses actions? If it's fun and it makes you happy, go for it.

Oh yeah... STOP DONG COCKE!!
PD just said it was bad for him since Virgin Wii was saying how it isn't bad in moderation. You came in with the smug reply.

emomoonbase said:
Either this is a joke thread or you just like to lie to yourself. Your first post shows you acknowledging that things aren't ok and here you are back pedaling already.

I'm just saying that I'm feeling used is all.

Not that I'm feeling all that great about my coke use in general, but that's another topic.

And Nick, sorry.

Nick

PhoenixDark said:
...shall I go on?
Please. And no copy-and-paste. I want a full report.
CajoleJuice said:
PD just said it was bad for him since Virgin Wii was saying how it isn't bad in moderation. You came in with the smug reply.
I have a friend or three that does blow. They're pretty good friends, and they never talk about it because it's no big deal to them. I'm not speaking for other people, but I have many friends who are recreational users of all drugs and they're fine. Not everyone uses it for self-destructive reasons.

Neo_ZX

Someone who's convinced themselve that coke isn't bad is probably too ****ed up to make any good decisions. You're being taken advantage of because you let it happen. You're an idiot for doing coke. The end.

There've been a few really great people that have been coke heads. I'll just rest my case there, since I can't really be bothered by hardcore anti-drug nuts.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
CajoleJuice said:

I was going to do the same, because a lot of people in this thread are waving fingers. Its like, instead of actually giving the guy the answer to his question, people find the need to tell him stuff he already knows. I don't think doing coke is smart, but, i'm not going to judge him for it.

Happens in every thread like this and for the most part they end up getting locked because of the same thing.

Nick said:
Please. And no copy-and-paste. I want a full report.

I have a friend or three that does blow. They're pretty good friends, and they never talk about it because it's no big deal to them. I'm not speaking for other people, but I have many friends who are recreational users of all drugs and they're fine. Not everyone uses it for self-destructive reasons.
Good for them! But to deny that it has an negative effect on their health is like saying smoking isn't bad for one's health either.

Nick

CajoleJuice said:
Good for them! But to deny that it has an negative effect on their health is like saying smoking isn't bad for one's health either.
Sweet. So does a Hamburger. Worry about yourself.

CajoleJuice said:

Thank you. There comes a point where being politically correct just to be so simply doesn't work.

I'm going to go off on a limb and guess your friends haven't been using coke for a very long time, and are under the age of 30, 35 correct? One can use these kinds of drugs in a "recreactional" manner for a time, but eventually it doesn't satisfy. The use increases due to the mind's reaction to the drug; as your dopamine starts depleting and the highs become weaker, use is increased just to achieve what once would be a rather normal high. In other words, the body is not happy, and neither are you as the depression kicks in.

way more

PhoenixDark said:
Thank you. There comes a point where being politically correct just to be so simply doesn't work.

I'm going to go off on a limb and guess your friends haven't been using coke for a very long time, and are under the age of 30, 35 correct? One can use these kinds of drugs in a "recreactional" manner for a time, but eventually it doesn't satisfy. The use increases due to the mind's reaction to the drug; as your dopamine starts depleting and the highs become weaker, use is increased just to achieve what once would be a rather normal high. In other words, the body is not happy, and neither are you as the depression kicks in.

PhoenixDark said:
I remember one time I went to my friend's house to play StarCraft. His computer wasn't working so we decided to play the game in his sister's room on her computer. While we were playing he threw me some of his sister's panties, which had been in the corner of the room. I think they were used but I didn't really care. So I took them, raised them over my head, and started rubbing my hands together (with the panties in the middle) as fast as I possibly could. When I was done the palms of my hands were red for like an hour.

I was 16, as was he. His sister was 15 at the time

When you are a joke character you have to pick one persona and stick with it. Your advice is sort of nullified by the record you've created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom