• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire tries to get $829 via kickstarter to send daughter to RPG maker camp?

inm8num2

Don't take this personally, guys. I like you, but I hate this thread for obvious reasons. Yet I cannot stay away.

In a way she's screwing with us, too. I can't wait until this project is over and hopefully I don't need to hear about this greedy scumbag ever again.

Don't take this personally, guys. I like you, but I hate this thread for obvious reasons. Yet I cannot stay away.

In a way she's screwing with us, too. I can't wait until this project is over and hopefully I don't need to hear about this greedy scumbag ever again.

Do you really think this woman is going to stay away from Kickstarter from now on? Now that's she's been so heavily rewarded for so little effort?

Muku

It's okay, I've hated it since day one. Actually, back then it was a bit more comical. Now it's just plain scummy. I think most of us have a hard time staying away. Partly to blame all the funny stuff that came out of it. Some if it to blame the comments that are kind of comical. And lastly, think it's hard to stay away because at this point the thing has changed so much that you can't help but think KS will be like "Well..." But nope. She's got KS in her pocket. They want their free couple thousand or so. Whatever it ends up being.

She's screwing any person with a conscious and screwing anyone with actual cool ideas that couldn't get theirs backed. I hope we don't hear about her again, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. Knowing our luck she'll some how become some kind of women in games spokesperson or some crap. Though to be honest, she is the last person that needs to be filling those kind of shoes.

Do you really think this woman is going to stay away from Kickstarter from now on? Now that's she's been so heavily rewarded for so little effort?
I'm starting to think that a large amount of this money is just from friends of hers and such, or even dummy accounts, like she was trying to "prime the pump" so to speak.

I'm starting to think that a large amount of this money is just from friends of hers and such, or even dummy accounts, like she was trying to "prime the pump" so to speak.

I was thinking that too, but there are 1400 backers, so would make a lot of fake accounts. If you look at the largest pledges (assuming bffs would support her most):

6 x 250 = 1500
2 x 300 = 600
2 x 500 = 1000

Total: $ 3100.

That's only 10 people/friends/herself for a total amount of $3100. That leaves $20,000 from other people still.

Muku

Seems Susan has posted a new wall of text. Her reasoning is... well, LOL. She says that backers basically provided a lot of money and that proves she is legit. I am sure she is at the point she believes even what she says.

Also.. " I've repeatedly answered questions absurd allegations but they keep coming." LOL. The only thing I think she even danced around answering was the iPhone case one. And even then she said she had a CAD designer help design that one. Not that I buy that to be honest.

Not sure if this has been discovered yet, but her happy family update photo is obviously from the same time period as the photo in her avatar. And I quote:
"Zach, Chase & Mackenzie in Boston last year."

"Thanks backers!" XD

Not sure if this has been discovered yet, but her happy family update photo is obviously from the same time period as the photo in her avatar. And I quote:
"Zach, Chase & Mackenzie in Boston last year."

"Thanks backers!" XD
V6noDPX.png

OMG. Its like they don't even put enough effort into it. I bet they aren't even home and are surfing the world with the prospective money.

Latest comment post, 3 hour ago:

Susan Wilson said:
OK, there is enough hate in the world. This project is, was and remains about a 9 year old making her first RPG (and, like it or not, proving her brothers wrong). The project was $829 and listed under small projects so clearly there was no grand plan. It may be semantics and I'll readily admit I didn't over think the project and in hindsight wish I'd created a different video and certainly not tweeted 23 of my followers or the 3 celebrities I tweeted. As I've said a number of times, this was a project with my daughter and I was thinking like a mom (which by definition means it's biased and is bound to make mistakes). The video was a template from Powtoon.com and Kenzie and I just played with it and fit her project into the template for free b/c that's the way the site works. It's cool. You should check it out.

Again, it may be semantics, but the Kickstarter campaign was always positioned as an RPG Project w/the end result being an RPG made by a 9 year old. The details were vague b/c she intended to make the game at RPG camp and supporters backed that dream. They didn't care about the story or what the game was about (which is interesting and important to note b/c they backed this project simply because they wanted to support Mackenzie and that's not something anyone can ever take away from her story). So much so, that they donated far beyond her goal. THAT IS PROOF THAT WE ARE GOOD. This can be good. Good is a choice.

Does Kenzie need $829 to make her first RPG? No. And I'm sure it was frustrating to some individuals that saw it happening with a lot more experience that had an actual vision for a game. Mackenzie was able to do (without even trying) what they wish they could. I get that and I understand it might not seem fair - which is why I immediately reached out to quell the allegations and try to get the dissenters on board to make this good for everyone b/c again Kenzie had zero experience AND NEEDED HELP and could afford some help given the backers.

Not one cent has been received by my family but we've worked hard along with several others to get started making the backers proud and in truth, to also quiet the dissenters b/c some even questioned if anything would be done. From nothing, PinkieSquare.com is coming together and, it too can be great if only the people that should be using it and supporting it believe it's good - AND THAT'S PRIMARILY the dissenters. You guys/girls should be running pinkiesquare and driving it to be an open playground for kids and you to make games with them. I don't know how to do that, but you do. Will it kill you to put your distrust aside and just try? You don't need to pledge a cent to get involved or make a difference.

I know some people don't trust me and think I had evil intentions and manipulated KS, but can we STOP? I've repeatedly answered questions absurd allegations but they keep coming. I've been accused of not having kids, making Mackenzie up and even lying about my boys' age. Once I proved I was telling the truth (which seemed ridiculous to me), more weird and crazy allegations arose. If in answering any questions, I offended anyone, it wasn't intentional. I have not ever had that much hate aimed squarely at me and my family and as a parent I can tell you it's terrifying - specifically b/c my 9 year old was specifically targeted. Then of course I'm accused of putting her out there to be targeted but a number of children have done projects without this type of reaction.
I'm working with several kids, adults, producers, developers, artists, writers, teachers and programmers to make this a reality and coordinate things so everyone is happy b/c this can still be good and help so many kids and indie gamers, developers, artists and musicians all over the world.

Here's an example of two 16 year old artists working together to bring a troll to life (Zach (my son) drew the original sketch and another 16 year old brought it to life (http://i.imgur.com/2MMxlT1.png). Zach just saw it and said, "That's exactly how I saw it in my head." As a parent, that's cool to hear and who knows what that will mean for Zach? And who knows what that will mean for the 16 year old girl who took his pencil sketch and brought it to life within RPG Maker?

And that's my point. I say, "I don't know" a lot because I don't know. And that shouldn't be attacked. It's not a sign of something scammy going on. It's an SOS for help and a clear sign I don't want to limit the potential of whatever is supposed to come out of this odd series of events (and I don't mean for me personally). It's the pure potential of things that I love about being an entrepreneur. It means I can try ideas and fail (which many have clearly seen). That doesn't make me a horrible person or a scammer (b/c I didn't make a cent). It makes me a "tryer."

And so with 3 days left, what can we do to help more kids, artists, gamers, producers, etc.? What's done is done and we can all move forward together if you're interested. Just ping me at swilson@pinkiesquare.com and see for yourself. A number of others have and as a result, Rain is busy writing a small RPG book (likely in digital/POD) roughly 64 pages under the OGL to develop Kenzie's world into a roleplaying setting, with a 32 page 'toolkit' aimed at helping younger people develop their own stories and settings.

I'll do an official update but I wanted to reach out in the comments section to this group first b/c it's clear you care and I want you to know I care and hear what you're saying. I've dealt with 3 weeks of hate on a daily basis and whether or not I brought it on myself is not the point. What matters now is what we want the legacy of this project to be because it should be clear by now given what's been created with zero money that the end result will be far greater than what $23K could have bought.

Let's be a case study in GOOD. Even the game is about good. It's a twist and turn on real events but in the end, all of the characters are good and have good intentions. Strangers helping strangers is what makes this something special and I hope those that still have doubts put them aside and see what they can do to participate because we can create something that empowers the next generation. Won't you at least try?

I'm so lost here. Is she admitting she has no clue wtf she is doing?

3 days left...

Shusan Wilson said:
Does Kenzie need $829 to make her first RPG? No.

Yet she still started a KS project...?

Shusan Wilson said:
the Kickstarter campaign was always positioned as an RPG Project

Not one cent has been received by my family but we've worked hard along with several others to get started making the backers proud and in truth, to also quiet the dissenters b/c some even questioned if anything would be done. From nothing, PinkieSquare.com is coming together

So it's about making an RPG, but you make your backers proud with some random website?

Shusan Wilson said:
...specifically b/c my 9 year old was specifically targeted...

Did anyone actually do that? I think it was mostly about her being shady.

Shusan Wilson said:
because it should be clear by now given what's been created with zero money that the end result will be far greater than what $23K could have bought

So now we should thank her for creating that website nobody asked for at her own expense? And how is the end result going to be greater than what $23K could have bought? $6K's already going to her trip to Massachussetts...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Seems Susan has posted a new wall of text. Her reasoning is... well, LOL. She says that backers basically provided a lot of money and that proves she is legit. I am sure she is at the point she believes even what she says.

Also.. " I've repeatedly answered questions absurd allegations but they keep coming." LOL. The only thing I think she even danced around answering was the iPhone case one. And even then she said she had a CAD designer help design that one. Not that I buy that to be honest.
Susan's argument is a logical fallacy, as the fact that people back her project doesn't have any relation to the legitimacy of it.

And she even has the nerve to say "Does Kenzie need $829 to make her first RPG? No.". Then why on earth did she make a Kickstarter with $829 as the goal? Or isn't she counting the cost of the camp? Anyway, now that she's getting everything for free, there's no need for it anymore. Why hasn't she canceled it already?

I also love how she blatantly admits that "...supporters backed that dream. They didn't care about the story or what the game was about (which is interesting and important to note b/c they backed this project simply because they wanted to support Mackenzie and that's not something anyone can ever take away from her story)". Doesn't that mean that the game was never the focus of this project? That it was only an excuse to make it seem a little more legit? And isn't that exactly against Kickstarter's guidelines? Quoting from the site: "What is not allowed? Kickstarter cannot be used to raise money for causes, whether it's the Red Cross or a scholarship, or for 'fund my life' projects, like tuition or bills." Susan just admitted the backers gave her money because of Kenzie, not because of the game. Kickstarter is no charity, that is against the rul... sorry, guidelines.

And playing the victim card can only get her so far. At the end of the day, it was her the one who put her daughter in the spotlight, the one who threw her sons under the bus ("Help my daughter prove her brothers wrong!"; "Girls rule and boys drool!"), and her friend even went the extra mile and directly threatened a backer with revealing his personal information. I don't recall seeing any comment from anyone with a sane mind attacking her family, despite what she says.

"Empowering the next generation"? Really? Are you sure you're not trying to only improve your wallet like you tried to do many times before, Susan? I would be willing to trust this Kickstarter a bit more if you hadn't made so many shady projects before, absolutely destroying your credibility. So far, I see no reason at all to believe you, not a single one.

You know what? You win, you'll get the money in the end. I don't know how you sleep at night, I wouldn't be able to with such a guilty conscience. If this doesn't turn out to be a scam I'll gladly eat my words, but we both know that's not going to happen, don't we? Shame on you, lady, for doing this to some ignorant (yet well-mean) strangers, and more importantly, to your own family. I can only hope those $23K are well worth everything you put them through.

Meanwhile RC revealed what everyone on here already knew: his daughters are involved. And now that he's friends with the Wilson family, he "knows" they are not scammers. We all should've listened to Susan's bff Julie, who has been saying this from the start. Friends know best, right?

RC said:
@Susan
Just wanted to make a correction - Zach (16) did the original art and Misha (13) finished it. The ages were just mixed up, that's all. (To all those unsure of who Misha is, she is my daughter and one of the people who will be working on this project)

@Doubters
I have advised Susan to avoid replying in comments, but I believe she is very passionate about her daughter's project and can't help but reply. As a parent, I do understand that.
Just so you know, my daughters and I will be helping Makenzie with her game. Not, only will it be a great opportunity for both kids, it will aid them greatly aid them. It's strange I was the verbal few that would lay out my concerns in a manner of understanding, I try to avoid just trolling. Now, my family and I are friends with Susan's family and working together in a game. --- Trust me I was a huge skeptic. Now that I am know Susan and am aware of her activities. There is no way she is running of with the money. ---- Instead she is a mother who was given a gift, and in return wants to aid kids and people, in a way that is accordance to Kickstarter rules.

@People Defending Susan
Just remember guys, I know some of you want to help Susan but 'passive aggression' is also a bad thing. Biggest help would disscuss about the project and how it might help those around them... instead of replying to those who has no faith on the project.

Got to go. ^^;

Some questions to RC:
- are your daughters also getting Alienware laptops?
- will they join Kenzie and Susan to MIT and Turkey? A 13yo would probably get more out of those trips than a 9yo.
- are your daughters getting in on the budget, or is Kenzie the only one benefitting financially (even though Susan said she doesn't need any money)?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This whole thing is so twisted and full of bs it actually makes feel physically ill.

Kickstarter disgusts me, MIT disgusts me, Dell disgusts me, and anyone involved with that family and project disgusts me. RC is your classic turncoat and Joseph is so beyond insane I would never want to even be linked to a project he's fully behind or a part of even if it was legit.

Well except the little girl, she's clearly been brain washed and I feel bad for her.

Nokterian

Gonna back developers only if they do it through there own website from now on. I am shocked that Kickstarter did nothing against it even there own rules and ToS they have violated stuns me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
._. no words

http://themommygamers.com/2013/04/episode-34-dont-feed-the-trolls/
Ep24_DontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

You can listen to her in her own words. KEEP UP!

"
Marcia Webb 19 minutes ago
Susan, we absolutely LOVED talking with you and your family on the latest episode of The Mommy Gamers podcast. I hope that people will listen and be able to hear what an amazingly warm person you are and realize that you are just a good parent trying to do something neat with your daughter. People can check out the live interview with Susan Wilson at http://themommygamers.com/2013/04/episode-34-dont-feed-the-trolls/ and yes that is her adorable daughter, Kenzie doing the intro :) We wish you and your family all the best!"

._. no words

http://themommygamers.com/2013/04/episode-34-dont-feed-the-trolls/
Ep24_DontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

You can listen to her in her own words. KEEP UP!

"
Marcia Webb 19 minutes ago
Susan, we absolutely LOVED talking with you and your family on the latest episode of The Mommy Gamers podcast. I hope that people will listen and be able to hear what an amazingly warm person you are and realize that you are just a good parent trying to do something neat with your daughter. People can check out the live interview with Susan Wilson at http://themommygamers.com/2013/04/episode-34-dont-feed-the-trolls/ and yes that is her adorable daughter, Kenzie doing the intro :) We wish you and your family all the best!"

They probably didn't even bother asking why those "trolls" are all over her project...

Also funny how the interviewing lady says her 13yo daughter also wants to make a game now, but apparently "forgot" that she didn't even consider starting a Kickstarter over it...

Matrix

I did not need to know that Susan's husband is good in bed.

What a pathetic all around interview. What did I listen to :|

edit- stopped listening, couldn't make it through it all

I posted this comment on The Mommy Gamers.

Wonder if it will pass "moderation":

myself on The Mommy Gamers said:
What I like about this interview is that the interviewer finds it such an inspiring story as it makes her 13yo daughter want to make a game herself. It is an inspiring story, and I’m glad her daughter got inspired. These stories should be told to inspire people all over the world and the internet is a great medium for them.

What I find baffling though it that at the same time the interviewer apparently forgets that she doesn’t even consider starting a Kickstarter project over her daughter being inspired herself, let alone asking for other people’s money even if she doesn’t need it AT ALL. The latter is exactly what Susan Wilson did. Susan Wilson never needed the $829 she initially wanted to raise. There were plenty of other ways to tell this story about a girl that wants to make her first RPG. The internet has so many different platforms. It could’ve been an exclusive huge story on The Mommy Gamers. And inspire all its readers and their sons and daughters. Yet for some reason the best way Susan Wilson could come up with was to ask other people for money she never needed…

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Again, now she's getting everything for free, what exactly is the Kickstarter funding? Travel expenses for things that have nothing to do with the original project?

The whole thing is bullshit no matter what her ultimate intentions have been. Certainly her methods shouldn't be seen as inspirational, they're simply exploitative and manipulative. She never needed the money, nor had a plan for it.

tafer

V6noDPX.png

OMG. Its like they don't even put enough effort into it. I bet they aren't even home and are surfing the world with the prospective money.

Latest comment post, 3 hour ago:

I'm so lost here. Is she admitting she has no clue wtf she is doing?

3 days left...

Almost, almost reads as if the money she is getting isn't enough for all the trouble.

Good!

inm8num2

David 1 minute ago

Susan, for the sake of clarity and answering questions like you've admitted you wish to do in the sake of truth, can you answer the following questions if at all possible?

Most of this is quoting another individual who has expressed concern at your latest comment

1. "Does Kenzie need $829 to make her first RPG? No."

- Then why did you start a kickstarter?

2. "the Kickstarter campaign was always positioned as an RPG Project
Not one cent has been received by my family but we've worked hard along with several others to get started making the backers proud and in truth, to also quiet the dissenters b/c some even questioned if anything would be done. From nothing, PinkieSquare.com is coming together"

- So it's about making an RPG, but you make your backers proud with some random website?

3. "...specifically b/c my 9 year old was specifically targeted..."
- Did anyone actually do that? I think it was mostly about yourself being shady.

4. "because it should be clear by now given what's been created with zero money that the end result will be far greater than what $23K could have bought"

- So now we should thank yourself for creating that website nobody asked for at your own expense? And how is the end result going to be greater than what $23K could have bought? $6K's already going to her trip to Massachussetts...

5. If the goals of the kickstarter were to raise the money for her to go to camp, and not only is she now going to various gaming training and such all expense paid, AND shes getting a laptop which was another thing on the agenda, why haven't you cancelled this kickstarter? Since all the aims and objectives of this kickstarter have already been fulfilled, you no longer require $23,457 of peoples money, correct?

denzel_intro-thumb-260x195-8940.jpg

MBison

I posted this, it won't get approved but I can't wait to see how it gets edited.

This podcast like everything else regarding this story was completely misinformed.
Did you guys not vette Susan at all? The criticism against her isn’t because of girl power or how much money she raised or the video or sexism etc. it’s the fact that
1) her kickstarter violated the site’s TOS.
2) she has previously started several scam projects on indiegogo.
Does that even matter to you guys?

Don't lie to us you closet affiliate of Susan's, I'm sure all they deleted is even more praise!

Wrote them an email ....

myself again said:
Dear Ladies,

while I understand and respect your prerogative to edit any comments posted on the site, the way my comment on Episode 34 was "moderated" is downright abusive. It does no longer reflect my original message. So please either edit it so that it does or completely remove it.

My comment was balanced, pointing out both the good and the bad sides of the story. I didn't say anything that was incorrect: the $829 were never needed for the original project (Susan Wilson said so herself) and were possibly taken away from other kid's or women's projects that actually needed it instead.

As for the story itself: it is inspiring and The Mommy Gamers would've been an excellent place to bring it to exclusively. Because it's what this site is all about.

It was Susan Wilson's decision however to try and make a buck out of it, and take it to Kickstarter. You could argue that she was "just teaching her little girl and their brothers a lesson in life or something". But in all honesty, I think we all know that Kickstarter is about raising money, no more and no less. Kickstarter's guidelines even state that it's not meant for "fund my life" projects, which teaching your kids a lesson clearly is. So let's assume it wasn't about the latter, but plain and simple about raising money.

Also, in your podcast Susan Wilson clearly showed how she's an entrepeneur, trying even to get the interviewer to get "millions" out of the podcast. Now, I have nothing against entrepeneurship. It's what makes the economy tick. The deal with Kickstarter however is that you put your project out there to the public, open for scrutiny. You can't just dismiss every concern people have about it as "trolling". You're asking people for their hard earned cash, so it's only fair to tell them what it's for. Of course there were some "trolls", some people threatened her and stuff, which is ridiculous. But there were just as many people who want to know where all the money is going to. Up until now, a mere three days before the ending of the project, Susan Wilson still hasn't properly addressed those concerns. According to the budget she proposed, $2,500 is going to a new laptop. But she's getting a free high end laptop from Dell. Also, according to the budget $6,000 is for a week long trip of her and McKenzie to MIT. Six thousand dollars for a week? Really? I think those are legitimate concerns. Also McKenzie is (rather unfortunately) no longer going to that camp she needed $829 for in the first place. So that's another black hole in the budget. Now, I know you are big supporters of the PinkieSquare.com initiative. Well, that site is live already, right now. Without a dime of the budget used for it. So is the money going towards the maintenance of that site? Does she really need $23k for that? Who knows? What will the money be used for? Is it really considered "trolling" nowadays to want to know those things? Seriously? If you put your project out there and ask people to fund it, you should be prepared to answer some serious questions as well. (Of course the threats she got are not something anyone should ever be prepared for. But they are also no excuse not to answer legitimate concerns.)

So please either edit my comment so that it reflects my opinion properly, or just remove it completely.

Thank you,

foobarry81

Edit: btw, if you want to contact them through the Contact form, the "Website" field is mandatory... weird.
I entered google.com

You're telling me dude. My aunt has a mommy blog. I love her to death, but I had to hide her posts on facebook because she kept spamming links to it on Facebook.

Muku

So much good stuff here. Foobarry, man talk about editing of epic proportions. I guess Mommy Blogs, or specifically anything with Susan, has to get heavily modified. Only positives. Because apparently constructive criticism is bad in this day and age.

inm, Thank you for posting that. Because I read this thread and thought "Wow, I didn't catch that post." Well, guess Susan's KS lackeys are cleaning up anything that is not "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME <3" with rainbows, ponies (replaceable with unicorns if you so desire), and hearts everywhere.

This podcast is a bit on the annoying side. And to be fair, listening to both of them kind of grates on me. And on the troll issue, people were tackling horrible, shady past practices. So now folks are trolls for asking about things like THE TOWEL CAPE? C'mon. 20k for capes that are made from red towels we can buy from a store? Get the hell out. That doesn't scream entrepreneur, it screams scam. Also, goes to show us Kenzie had NO story idea until after KS started. Brilliant. Your kid probably isn't as into this as you think. I had notebooks filled with ideas on things I liked for stories, etc. Kenzie didn't even have a story? :/

I've never listened to a mommy blog, but shoot me now. Second on the "don't need to know" what husband is good in bed due to what console they have. Lord.

Then Susan has this awesome quote:

I just confirmed David, Alex and Vernano each pledged their $1 to comment, said something nasty & immediately canceled their pledges. These 3 along with Corey & others have spent weeks on a neogaf forum bitching about me & this campaign.

So Susan does read us. You're welcome on the opposite story of Kenzie's project. But even if the folks posting opposition to your Kickstarter (GASP), doesn't mean you should call them out on $1 commenters because they canceled. They could donate $10,000, and do the same thing. Ain't nothing you can do. Deal with it.

So Susan... may I ask...

So, what's this total you get going to now? You have a laptop for Kenzie now. The CCL isn't until 50k now. RPG Maker camp is no longer in making. I still don't think going to MIT is going to be as expensive as you think. So, now what? Seriously.

EDIT: Whew. Saw the total go up to 33k from 23k. But just as I was about to post this it went back down to 23k. Someone trolling Susan?

inm8num2

And it's gone!

Censorship, ladies and gents. When someone says something you know is true, or even asks you questions, you can silence his voice. Not only that,

Creator Susan Wilson about 1 hour ago

I just confirmed David, Alex and Vernano each pledged their $1 to comment, said something nasty & immediately canceled their pledges. These 3 along with Corey & others have spent weeks on a neogaf forum bitching about me & this campaign.

And the irony is their posts clearly document their motivation, pettiness, frustration and ultimate conspiracy to destroy a 9 year old's RPG campaign (even talking about creating an RPG that's the opposite story line of Mackenzie's and releasing it before hers). I don't want to move backward, but when the of this campaign is told that the truth (the real truth - which I've always been a fan of) is fully told (there are >74 pages of comments over the past few weeks but the most recent are here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php&#8230;.

I think it's quite clear we talked about making an RPG not to hurt the child's game, but to communicate the truth about Susan's fraudulent posturing and endless contradictions, among other things.

Damn, Kickstarter. We thought your hands were tied in avoiding bad PR from canceling Susan's campaign. It almost seems they have no problem with her evolving her project from a blatant $829 violation of their ToS to a $25000 fundraising con for something that, by her definition, only required $829 to begin with.

David asked Susan why she needed $24000 more than the initial goal. She deleted his message. We are in the bizarro world.

Susan keeps talking about the truth. What is the truth? Has she seen the OP of this thread? Has she presented any defense other than calling people trolls/naysayers, then feeding her backers some bullshit about how she cares about the truth? Does she really get to take that shortcut of logical fallacy and inherently flawed self-affirming rationalizing?

The good news is that by showing frustration and using a cuss word, she exposes her lack of real argument or proof that she isn't a con artist. Disagree, Susan? Provide your argument.

Dan

Censorship, ladies and gents. When someone says something you know is true, or even asks you questions, you can silence his voice. Not only that,

I think it's quite clear we talked about making an RPG not to hurt the child's game, but to communicate the truth about Susan's fraudulent posturing and endless contradictions, among other things.

Damn, Kickstarter. We thought your hands were tied in avoiding bad PR from canceling Susan's campaign. It almost seems they have no problem with her evolving her project from a blatant $829 violation of their ToS to a $25000 fundraising con for something that, by her definition, only required $829 to begin with.

David asked Susan why she needed $24000 more than the initial goal. She deleted his message. We are in the bizarro world.

Susan keeps talking about the truth. What is the truth? Has she seen the OP of this thread? Has she presented any defense other than calling people trolls/naysayers, then feeding her backers some bullshit about how she cares about the truth? Does she really get to take that shortcut of logical fallacy and inherently flawed self-affirming rationalizing?
Why confront legitimate criticism when you can obfuscate, deflect and project?

She's all about truth and transparency except, you know, when it's about her Kickstarter and specific plans for the money.

Muku

Not only that,

But no one can see it as contradicting the adult running the Kickstarter. Yes, it's her daughters game, but she's too blinded by "THIS IS ABOUT THE KIDS!" Yeah, but who is responsible for that money? You, Susan. You are the person responsible for handling it, because you're daughter is not old enough. So
wo
man up and stop making this about your daughter. I'm pretty sure NeoGAF hasn't been putting down Kenzie, just questioning your shady "entrepreneur" endeavors. Towel capes or iPhone cases? Yeah, no. All kinds of shady.

Got to point in podcast just now about lemonade stands about how no one would go to it and stuff these days. Uh huh. Okay, if you're so worried about that, then buy juice boxes or something else to have your daughter sell. Interactions with real people while handling money (if Kenzie seriously has no real concept of money, wouldn't this be a wonderful place to learn it?) is everything. I think that teaches more skills than begging for money online. You taught her nothing. Congrats?

Several folks, RC especially, weren't trolls, despite being called so in podcast. They were asking the right questions though. But they still get called trolls for that? Wonderful.

inm8num2

Also, will someone tell me what the fuck this means?

I don't want to move backward, but when the of this campaign is told that the truth (the real truth - which I've always been a fan of) is fully told

Even Sarah Palin is shaking her head at that one.

There are so many holes in her bullshit logical fallacies that she can't even form coherent sentences. She just has a keyboard with the following keys:

- TRUTH
- 9 YEAR OLD
- GOOD
- NAYSAYERS

and other simplistic misrepresentations or deflections of the blatant, glaring issues with this project.

Guys, we need an updated timeline. We're not going to stop her at this point but it doesn't mean we can't still spread the word so shit like this doesn't keep happening. Let's try to pool together all of our screenshots, evidence, etc. from the KS page and elsewhere. Let's show the (d)evolution of this project from questionable scam to outright con so everyone can see it clearly without question.

tafer

Remember, basic rule of this scam:
Deflect criticism crying misogyny or "they are attacking my child", NEVER EVER address the valid concerns that have been raised over, and over again.

Worked so far, and will keep working.

Muku

Susan Wilson is the bomb diggity. Are you reading this Susan? You're awesome!

OMG HOW MUCH IS SHE PAYING YOU!

Also, last minute or two on podcast is just random chatting. How the hell did I make it through that? By listening while reading NeoGAF. NeoGAF saved my life today. Thank you guys.

Dan

Deflect criticism crying misogyny or "they are attacking my child", NEVER EVER address the valid concerns that have been raised over, and over again.

On the other hand, it only worked so well. The campaign peaked right away and has barely earned anything once people starting paying it attention.

Susan Wilson is the bomb diggity. Are you reading this Susan? You're awesome!
Susan Wilson: Some NeoGAF user just threatened me with a bomb! These disgusting naysayers just keep finding new lows. Why do they hate children, women and the citizens of Boston?

Muku

On the other hand, it only worked so well. The campaign peaked right away and has barely earned anything once people starting paying it attention.

Susan Wilson: Some NeoGAF user just threatened me with a bomb! These disgusting naysayers just keep finding new lows. Why do they hate children, women and the citizens of Boston?

LOL.

You gaiz, you think she is going to call out the 10k backer that lasted for only a few short moments?

EDIT: Also, anyone notice that she made her post 2 hrs ago or so and linked to page 74 here? That wasn't the newest page. >_>

LOL, holy cow, do I have that many posts here?

inm8num2

Oh yea I'm aware. Manipulation and Art of Scamming 101.

It unfortunately doesn't make it any less frustrating (given my 169 posts in this thread, 2nd post behind Muku's almost 200).

Vaco6121

The good news is that by showing frustration and using a cuss word, she exposes her lack of real argument or proof that she isn't a con artist. Disagree, Susan? Provide your argument.

I was wondering if Susan was reading this thread and since she is; Susan, why you don't you actually answer the damn questions that were raised in this thread and not dance around the issues? This is not about Kenzie or her game, this is all about you being a con artist. You have said that Kenzie did not need the $829 to go to camp, and now she is not even going to it. What is the fucking point to your kickstarter? It is not about your daughter making a game as your trying to pull, she does not need a kickstarter to make a RPG maker game, all you need is the $70 to buy the game and she could of learn how to make a game with it by using free guides on the internet. You are running a scam plain and simple. I would post this as a comment on the kickstarter, but seeing how it would get deleted pretty fast it will do better being here.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Am I famous or did she mean a different Alex? I must know!

(watch her pretend this is a serious post, I'm an attention seeker leeching from her kid, but it's totally ok for her to make money off her)

I dunno why she still dwells on deleted comments. If they were so obviously biased and wrong, why have them removed? Now she can't even point to them for proof, only make shit up. Oh...

Vaco6121

Am I famous or did she mean a different Alex? I must know!

(watch her pretend this is a serious post, I'm an attention seeker leeching from her kid, but it's totally ok for her to make money off her)

I dunno why she still dwells on deleted comments. If they were so obviously biased and wrong, why have them removed? Now she can't even point to them for proof, only make shit up. Oh...

I would put money that says that it was you that she is talking about.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Ah she links to page 74. We should edit our posts there (not to remove anything, just add) to include the information she doesn't want seen, you know, for people who don't know how to navigate sites.

I'm going to quote foobarry in my post there.

Top Bottom