• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I lost 100 pounds using the Wii-Fit.

Yondy604

Banned
Just thought i would share this story with you guys. (This is not about sympathy, or anything, good or bad, I just wanted to share)

I know this is a thread which I will probably get laughed at, or called names. But I was over 336 pounds, I had huge medical problems, including acid reflux, and heart burn, and other frustrating problems.

I tried multiple diets but neither seemed to work.

I went to my friends house one day and noticed she was using a wii-fit, I laughed it off saying it's dumb of course, but she told me to give a try (i assumed i would snap the thing in half).

Crazy part is?, It maybe saved my life. I lost a total of roughly 90/100ish pounds using it, mostly from the addicting mini games it had.

For people who are having trouble getting the motivation to lose weight, I understand the pain.

half the battle is literally just the mental part, being able to tell yourself it's time, Wii fit did this for me, maybe something else will be your spring board.

If you want any advice from a guy who got through the hurdle, all I can say is don't rush, go at it 1 week at a time, the first time you weight in, you will have all the motivation right there.

i weight about 240ish now, and most of my medical problems are behind me, except a screwed up back from gaming to much. lol

I really hope the WII-U comes out with something similar, because it was a fantastic product, and deserves a little bit of praise.

Routine for those asking (roughly).

1 month - 15 min sessions
3 months - 20 min sessions
6 months - 30 min sessions
1 year - 40 min sessions.

4 days a week.

Started: 6000 calories
Lost about 500/1000 calories every few months, at about 2000 calories now.

What did I eat?: Nothing crazy, no fast food, but I still went to subway weekly, and sushi place.

It's about eating 5 meals a day instead of 3 huge meals.

* BY REQUEST *

This is a bit embarrassing, but Might as well show you my "motivation" video I made.

Figured it's better then a picture.

http://videobam.com/VzXYK
http://i.imgur.com/hkuedYZ.jpg?1?6656 <--- After

Basically I look back at that when ever I need an extra "boost"

UPDATE - Overwhelmed.

Hey everybody,

First I would like to say is I really appreciate all the kind comments people have made, This changed my life and I hope I can motivate at least one person to do the same.

I did not expect this overwhelming response and I am truly grateful.

If anybody here want’s to lose weight and needs any helps, or tips, or motivation, just send me a PM on neogaf and Ill gladly do my best to help out.

The wii-fit was a great exercising tool, and was a great motivation tool for me, but remember maybe it’s going to be something different for yourself, maybe its sony’s, maybe it’s a family member you wanna help out, or maybe you wanna impress a girl, all are good reasons and you need to find your motivation.

Eating unhealthy and being in a stuck pattern was very hard, but I belive if you put your mind to it, you can achieve the goals, start slow, One week at a time, and you WILL notice the difference.

Again thank you, and have a great day.
Articles by request.

http://gamingbolt.com/man-plays-wii-fit-loses-100-pounds#1YeDSR0OwtwOmDIe.99
http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/13/4617022/man-loses-100-pounds-with-a-wii-fit-regimen
http://www.terra.com.br/portal/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Congrats man! That's awesome.

I'm glad you found something that worked for you.

Did you stick with it because it was fun? Or because you saw results more quickly than you thought you would? Or because you got to spend time with your friend? Or?

JB2448

A lot of the time when people say "Wii Fit doesn't work," it's simply because they don't commit to at least 30 minutes of it daily. How long each day did you use it for?

Swishh

Banned
if you really lost 'roughly 90 pounds' , which I'm assuming is around 87-89, then why'd you put 100 pounds in the title?

Either way, that's a nice accomplishment. Congrats.

I have gone from 190lbs to 130, while not the same as yours, I probably know how you feel when people at work comment on how good you look after losing weight and that is what motivated me to keep going.

Meier

Congrats! That's really great to hear.

I have gone from 190lbs to 130, while not the same as yours, I probably know how you feel when people at work comment on how good you look after losing weight and that is what motivated me to keep going.

Are you female? That's an impressive weight loss either way but I'd imagine if you were a guy people would say you looked like you were wasting away! Great that people have used Wii Fit with such success though -- I always thought it was a very good game but never stuck with it personally.

MarkusRJR

Congrats! I heard it only supported a max of 300lbs though.

Also, what did you do to work out with it? I wanted to get into it (mostly for warm up/stretching) but I don't know what exercises work the best.

Grief.exe

One of the things I've noticed over the years, helping people to gain or lose weight, is getting to where you want to be always hinges on both diet and exercise.

Its very rare to see people succeed with just one or the other. You need to have both a good diet and exercise in order to make changes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you do other stuff like diet &/or other exercise in combination with Wii Fit?

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind trying Wii Fit, considering last year in March or April, I decided to finally go on a diet/exercise & went from 268 to 207 in about 6 months. I really need to find something to motivate me to get serious again (I've stayed at 207 for almost a year now), though I think that might be better suited for Off-Topic.

RPG

Congrats!!

My weight loss wasn't as dramatic, but when I saw my Mii plump up after the initial weigh-in, something clicked and I thought 'I need to do something about this'. It's a great tool to set the basic goals to where you want to be.

Yondy604

Banned
A lot of the time when people say "Wii Fit doesn't work," it's simply because they don't commit to at least 30 minutes of it daily. How long each day did you use it for?

I had 15 min sessions starting off, it was really tough I was in rough shape, had a hard time keeping up.

by about 3 months I was going on it for about 20ish min, and after 6 months 30 min.

By the time I ended I was going on average 40 min a day, 4 times a week.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good for you OP. I put on 25 pounds in the past 4 years. Can't wait to graduate to start working in losing it all.

Yondy604

Banned
if you really lost 'roughly 90 pounds' , which I'm assuming is around 87-89, then why'd you put 100 pounds in the title?

Either way, that's a nice accomplishment. Congrats.

Well I give or take 10 pounds, When I started off the stupid weight checker almost gave me 5 pounds more or 5 pounds less.

by the day lol

BLCKATK

Congratulations! That's pretty impressive. Glad you found something that works for you.

...Maybe I should pick one up, I need to lose a little weight myself.

Yondy604

Banned
Congrats! I heard it only supported a max of 300lbs though.

Also, what did you do to work out with it? I wanted to get into it (mostly for warm up/stretching) but I don't know what exercises work the best.

I was worried it took my weight, shockingly it did.

Kyzon

Congrats :)

I'm really tempted to borrow my Church's Wii Fit since the kids don't use it too much anymore.

Also, some before and after pics would be great for motivation. I've been trying to get myself into better shape, but I just find working out too boring, and I lose my drive :/

ad_idem

I hardly think people will laugh, nor call anyone names, when someone took it upon themselves to get healthy. It takes dedication and I'm happy to hear you even found a fun way to accomplish it. Hope your success continues and congratulations!

hoggert

My initial reaction after reading the thread title was literally: "What?"

But yeah, GZ man. Fucking impressive!

ampere

Awesome. It's interesting what can help get someone to lose weight, nice to hear that the Wii Fit helped you.

Top Bottom