• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I lost 100 pounds using the Wii-Fit.

guek

Banned
Congrats OP

x3ZWFXn.gif

I was in nowhere near as dire straits as the OP, but I had some idle-lifestyle weight to drop. I worked out with wii fit plus for a while, I dropped about 10 lbs. Life sidetracked me, and when I got back into working out I started working out at a "real" gym...and somehow didn't lose any weight. Some of if was muscle gained, but surprisingly I found wii fit to be more effective in hindsight. This thread has motivated me to get back on it, the running section (I unlocked every path) and the mario-like obstacle course are awesome. Step & boxing are pretty good too. I'm definitely looking forward to Wii Fit U for more variety.

~ZIO~

Neo Member
That certainly good news.

And that's something to keep in mind for me, I suppose. I need to lose about 60is pounds to reach the average weight of a male my age.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
this thread has motivated me to get wii fit, maybe when i get my wiiU i can get wiifit U which should look into OP
ive been trying ot lose weight aswell but i dont have a job as of right now and would have to pay to use a gym

malfcn

Congrats! Keep up the good work, deserve to be proud.

I wish I could be dedicated. Whenever I start a program, it doesn't seem to last long. Hockey is my constant, but not enough.

Yondy604

Banned
this thread has motivated me to get wii fit, maybe when i get my wiiU i can get wiifit U which should look into OP
ive been trying ot lose weight aswell but i dont have a job as of right now and would have to pay to use a gym

If u make under 18k and do the taxes, any gym will take you for about 13$ I year I found out.

It is this way in canada.

Ya know for all the shit nintendo got when they released this game its great to here stories like this cause it negates all the negativity surrounding the series :). You should totally shoot nitnendo a email telling them your story im sure they would love to here it TC.

Wag

Daumn. I seriously need to lose like 80lbs. It's just too bad I can't do one of those exercise software things (I know I like videogames so it might work well for me) because I live in an apt and my downstairs neighbor would object to me moving around too much in my living room.:)

Well, congrats. I think I'll probably just need to suck it up and hit the gym and grind it out on the recumbent bike...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I would say start now.

What you are going to find with a full-time job is you are going to be much less motivated to exercise.

I'm actually planning to take a year off to improve my cooking skills, exercise, and travel. I'm saving some cash for it. :D

x-Lundz-x

Congrats OP, that is awesome. No get in a real gym and get that beach body by next summer. You made it this far don't stop now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's awesome! I'm glad you're in a healthier place for you. I'm pretty thin, but I could use to be more fit. I might give this a shot.

Mentok

Banned
That's great news to hear! Even more important is that you understood the need to change your lifestyle/diet. I used to be a nutritionist at a gym, and I can't tell you how many people would do the fad diets, or shock workouts, only to go back to their usual routines and then complain that their "diet" didn't work.

You did it perfectly: working out in a way you loved and gradually decreasing your Cal intake. Seriously, that's just awesome!

Friktion321

Neo Member
That is absolutely awesome. I've gained about 20 pounds in the last year alone. Maybe the Wii Fit U is just what I need to get back to a healthy weight.

Again, congrats man. Also, take that congress with your video game witch hunts. GAMING DOES DO GOOD! Ha.

Coolness

I might look into getting Wii Fit U now... I feel more confident using the board since I thought the limit was 200 pounds for some reason.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
you really should post before and after pics in the thread so everyone doesnt have to PM you.

great job though

GulAtiCa

Congrats! I used it myself for a little while over a year ago. Worked well for me too.

I sadly sold me copy of Wii Fit Plus (I still have the balance board of course). I originally thought the new Wii U version would be out by March.. But that was not the case sadly :( I'm really hoping it's out before 2014.

The Jer

i dont wanna rain on your parade,but you lost that weight because you diet and do exercise,wiift its a miniscule part of that

exercise,diet and a lot of constant work..thats the thing, wiift doesnt save your life...your change of lifestyle was the key

I'm sure Wii Fit helped motivate him/her to keep up with his/her diet and exercise. The hardest part of being healthy is being motivated and enjoying it! I'm sure Wii Fit helps a lot for certain people - it's not fair to call it a "minuscule part" of it.

prag16

Banned
Came in here half expecting a troll topic regarding having spent 100 GBP on a "useless product". Leaving disappointed.

Seriously though, that's awesome. Well done.

Fucking awesome! Congrats on the achievement, and good luck to grabbing you're future goals. Shit, I work out a lot and the holla hoop one could give a sweat. Wii Fit has always been a great starter. You really are amazing. Many try, and most don't have the dedication to get to the end. Really says a lot.

Yondy604

Banned
I'm sure Wii Fit helped motivate him/her to keep up with his/her diet and exercise. The hardest part of being healthy is being motivated and enjoying it! I'm sure Wii Fit helps a lot for certain people - it's not fair to call it a "minuscule part" of it.

It really is this, the motivation part was huge, for overweight people the hardest part is getting the mental part done with.

Anybody can lose weight, the question is do they have the will power to do it, If not it's a huge struggle.

Meia

Congrats man, keep it up!

And Wii Fit is good at holding you accountable for those things.

It's the one thing that many people don't realize about weight loss ideas. If you don't have anything to keep you "honest" so to speak, the whole process can take a lot longer.

Found this out when I went from 315 to 197 in a span of 7 months in like 2009. Gained most of it back over the years because of it, am going back down again because I realized it(280 to 222 since December). Wasn't wii-fit, but a different game that made me catch that. :p

It truly is amazing what can inspire people to change. I'd say keep at it, but you sound like you're in a good place. :)

Yondy604

Banned
It's the one thing that many people don't realize about weight loss ideas. If you don't have anything to keep you "honest" so to speak, the whole process can take a lot longer.

Found this out when I went from 315 to 197 in a span of 7 months in like 2009. Gained most of it back over the years because of it, am going back down again because I realized it(280 to 222 since December). Wasn't wii-fit, but a different game that made me catch that. :p

It truly is amazing what can inspire people to change. I'd say keep at it, but you sound like you're in a good place. :)

Wow 315 to 197, that must have been amazing.

Yaqoub

Congrats OP! I'm on my way to losing weight as well and will definitely pick up the new Wii Fit whenever that lands.

Lenardo

Banned
I lost 20lbs using wiifit when it came out, no other changes just 30min 4 days a week of wiifit.

Grats on losing the weight.

I am restarting using the balance board and using the tracking, I want to lose about 15 lbs (10 of which I had gained back over the past 4 years) I want to get down to 170.165 if I canhack it iI am at ~185 noe

Yondy604

Banned
I lost 20lbs using wiifit when it came out, no other changes just 30min 4 days a week of wiifit.

Grats on losing the weight.

I am restarting using the balance board and using the tracking, I want to lose about 15 lbs (10 of which I had gained back over the past 4 years) I want to get down to 170.165 if I canhack it iI am at ~185 noe

You can do it man, just gotta push through.

Sometimes all a person needs is a little motivation.

Funny thing is, half the time it's girl related lol

100 pounds is a lotta pounds. I don't think many people can strut around saying that. gj.

You gotta keep it up. Even with wiifit it requires iron discipline. Even with wiifit there will be that days where you dont want to train or even weigh yourself. The paramount advantage is that you know perfectly how much you weigh everyday of the week if you keep it up and also can experiment with your workout amount and eating habits.

Awesome job, man. That must have been a lot of work. Keep it up, try not to slip. Get that weight off while you're still relatively young because it doesn't get any easier once the metabolism slows down.

Top Bottom