• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: A space related game might be revealed at the PS4 Spike TV event tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir_Daniel_Fortesque.jpg
It won't be this, no matter how much we want it to be T_T

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
The only thing that doesn't jive with Uncharted is one of them saying 'is this 'Bandipoop'?' to which Kevin says yes...but maybe Bandipoop is just a pet name for Uncharted ;) Or just another more obscure pointer at Naughty Dog.

Between the two - Uncharted or Crash - Uncharted is by far the more likely bet. Crash isn't a Sony IP anymore, Uncharted fits the 'favourite franchise' billing a bit better these days etc. etc.

I think he was joking and being sarcastic about the bandipoop thing.

definitely sounds like uncharted in space.

salromano

So I transcribed their little conversation:

Pereira: "I know a spoiler..."

Gordon: "I heard something was happening Thursday."

Pereira: "I got a little inside secret about a certain franchise that Sony has."

Gordon: "Is this going to be announced on Thursday? Because I heard about a thing that might announced Thursday."

Pereira: "Was it about one of Sony's favorite franchises?"

Gordon: "Mhm"

Pereira: "Yeah? Is this area that we've charted before in our discussion?"

Gordon: (laughs)

Other guy: "Are we talking about Bandicoot?"

Pereira: "Yes (sarcastically), that's what we're talking about."

Pereira and Gordon: (laughs)

Other guy: "Joy. I'm going to buy the system now."

Pereira: "You've heard about it?"

Gordon: "I actually ran into a guy on the street last night that was talking to me about it. That was the first I'd heard of it, this random guy on the street."

Pereira: "I think I can reveal—I'm trying to remember what I can reveal. Because once this kitten lept out of the bag, once the jack-in-the-box popped out, I was like 'oh, I can't wait to talk about that.' But now I don't know if I can."

Gordon: "You're really giving everyone blue balls right now."

Pereira: "Yeah, you know what. Some people were talking about space."

Gordon: "Space, you guys."

Pereira: "Space. I'm going to say that. Did you like Gravity? I love space."

Chances Gordon ran into that drunk Sony PR guy? xD

The only thing that doesn't jive with Uncharted is one of them saying 'is this 'Bandipoop'?' to which Kevin says yes...but maybe Bandipoop is just a pet name for Uncharted ;) Or just another more obscure pointer at Naughty Dog.

Between the two - Uncharted or Crash - Uncharted is by far the more likely bet. Crash isn't a Sony IP anymore, Uncharted fits the 'favourite franchise' billing a bit better these days etc. etc.

I think the point of Crash is that it would be a Sony IP again. If that easter egg in the 4ThePlayers ad is actually teasing something, it's that Crash is returning to SCE.

That plus there's no way they make an Uncharted game set in space.

Pain

Banned
Planetside is ten years old and highly regarded. It's a classic series.
Planetside 2 is highly regarded. We know it's coming.

Planetside 2 trailer/date is the announcement.
It mentions it'll be one of Sony's biggest exclusives. Planetside isn't "BIG".
Also, its already been announced.

That too. Anything to scratch that cyberpunk itch.

Pretty much. The itch is becoming pretty unbearable, especially since CDPR revealed Cyberpunk 2077...

That and G-Police on PS4 would look Godly, they could even use the Vita as a second screen for the map, etc....

RaikuHebi

Banned
I think the point of Crash is that it would be a Sony IP again. If that easter egg in the 4ThePlayers ad is actually teasing something, it's that Crash is returning to SCE.

That plus there's no way they make an Uncharted game set in space.
It's definitely Crash. Belief levels are through the atmosphere.

Derrick01

Banned
Is it nostalgia talking or do people really want Crash Bandicoot back that badly?

Unless ND has a secret third team I'd actually be pretty bummed if their first PS4 game was a CB reboot. :/

*dodges cabbage being thrown*

edit: ^ I guess the post above mine explains the excitement clear enough :p

Given the lack of excitement over Knack and how it's being mocked for its PS1 style simplistic gameplay, if anyone gets excited for Crash you'll know it's pure nostalgia talking.

I hope it's not Uncharted in space.
More Uncharted isn't exactly a big scoop for Sony, despite how good the franchise is at its peak, more Uncharted is simply expected, not earth shattering.

If it were a space game, I'd like to see something from ND that's perhaps entirely first person, like those parts in Gravity. And for it more to be about survival/disaster than simply a pretty canvas for lots of shooting.

as much as ND have shown they can weave a great story from almost any situation, I can't see any way Uncharted in space wouldn't be jumping the shark

I agree with you, for the most part. It'd take an absolutely crazy plot leap to get from searching for ancient ruins to SPAAAACE. I'd just love to see what ND could do with it. And I also really want to have another Uncharted game (though I guess I'm in the minority on that one :p).

drproton

Given the lack of excitement over Knack and how it's being mocked for its PS1 style simplistic gameplay, if anyone gets excited for Crash you'll know it's pure nostalgia talking.

Or maybe it's that the people mocking Knack aren't the same who want to play that kind of game.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Knack is nothing like Crash, please kindly stfu with your hypocrisy telescope.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eastern European sources have confirmed to me that a new title in the "Metroid" series will be announced today for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, so I guess this must be it.

Kerub

Banned
Eastern European sources have confirmed to me that a new title in the "Metroid" series will be announced today for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, so I guess this must be it.

I am Eastern European and I can deny this. Metroid is for super nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom