• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Screw Attack's Top 10 3D Platformers

EDIT: They usually do one game per franchise. Hence only one Mario.

And here they are:

10) Conker's Bad Fur Day
9) Ape Escape
8) Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
7) Crash Bandicoot: 3 Warped
6) Spyro The Dragon
5) Psychonauts
4) Jak 3
3) Rayman 2: The Great Escape
2) Banjo Kazooie
1) Super Mario Galaxy

I would have put Super Mario Galaxy 2 at the top, but what are you gonna do?

-shadow-

Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 is basically a coin toss which is the better of the two. Other than that it's a pretrt solid list.

mclem

Was it made on a policy of only one entry per franchise? My own list would have multiple Mario entries on it.

Cess007

Wow, to think I've only played one game of that list. But, i agree with Galaxy at the top (Even over Galaxy 2).

hatchx

Banned
Did they just not want to add multiple games from the same series?

Galaxy 2, Super Mario 64, and 3D World are almost must-have's on the list.

Jak 3?

They have a one game per franchise rule to keep these lists from being dominated by the same series.

This is a dumb rule, and I don't really get the point of it. Who cares if 3-4 Mario games make the list? Platformers and Mario are like the only time where this rule really applies, but the series almost deserves to dominate the list of 3D platformers because it's the only one doing them.

10) Conker's Bad Fur Day
9) Ape Escape
8) Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
7) Crash Bandicoot: 3 Warped
6) Spyro The Dragon
5) Psychonauts
4) Jak 3
3) Rayman 2: The Great Escape
2) Banjo Kazooie
1) Super Mario Galaxy

Since the list wasn't properly formatted in the OP

SMG needs to not be tagged though

Peak platformer

Draeter

Banned
They didnt want to repeat games from the same series and thas it

Still doesnt explain what the hell is jak 3 doing there and so high

Fularu

Banned
I usually don't complain about lists but Jak 3? Spiro? Conker? Collectathon nightmare Banjo?

Some games aren't even plateformers (like Ratchet Ps4).

I guess they ran out of games with only one entry per franchise but still Either Sonic Colors or Sonic Generations hsould have been on that list instead of some of the games listed

They were really hamstrung by that "1 game per franchise" rule. Impossible to make a list like this by doing that; 2-10 don't belong anywhere near the top 10 in this genre.

emb

Lack of SMG2 and SM64 is crazy, but picking one per series makes a ton of sense. And in that context I can totally see giving SMG the edge (though I wouldn't personally).

Super Mario 64 and 3D World are big misses, I understand they want to diversify their lists but they deserve a spot in the top 10.

There's some really good stuff there, but Jak 3?! Getthefuckouttahere. That's Naughty Dog's worst game, let alone the worst Jak & Daxter.

Kudos for having Spyro 1, Ape Escape and Rayman 2 though. Those are all very firm favourites of mine.

blamite

I usually don't complain about lists but Jak 3? Spiro? Conker? Collectathon nightmare Banjo?

Some games aren't even plateformers (like Ratchet Ps4).

I guess they ran out of games with only one entry per franchise but still Either Sonic Colors or Sonic Generations hsould have been on that list instead of some of the games listed
The first Banjo is barely even a collects thin at all compared to, say, Tooie or DK64. It totally deserves to be that high up.

Vandole

I would have thought Ripto's Revenge or even Year of the Dragon would have been considered better than the original Spyro.

I would have thought Ripto's Revenge or even Year of the Dragon would have been considered better than the original Spyro.

Those games have mini-game bullshit and shitty friends though. The first one kept it pure and simple, and it's all the better for it.

Top Bottom