• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleepless Trailer (Jamie Foxx plays Denzel Washington playing Liam Neeson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

UntidyPleasantBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

Yonafunu

Was expecting some sc-fi movie with a crazy three-way bodyswap between Jamie Foxx, Denzel Washington and Liam Neeson.

I guess this is fine too.

edit: not alone I see

This is a remake of Nuit Blanche? For better or worse (mostly worse), it's about what you'd expect Hollywood to do with that story. Looks like they got rid of most of the moral ambiguity.

Was expecting some sc-fi movie with a crazy three-way bodyswap between Jamie Foxx, Denzel Washington and Liam Neeson.

I guess this is fine too.

edit: not alone I see

Bruh, I've been thinking about a Liam Neeson/Denzel Washington action flick where one of them plays the hero and the other plays the villain directed by a competent action director. This needs to happen.

We need more action movie cliches!! The partner should be older and a week from retirement, they need a lieutenant who is "tired of all this shit" and is always popping heart medication, and I didn't see the stripper with a heart of gold who gets mixed up in the wrong business.

Not to mention russian gangsters who have infinite hordes of tattooed underlings, the walk away by the hero as entire buildings explode behind him, the second in command who is always saying "Take him down!" before the final fight where he yells out "HE'S MINE!", and of course all the great 1 liner quips.

Its too bad this looks so copycat and familiar, a movie that really tries to subvert the cop vs bad guys would be fun to watch. Arnold tried with Sabotage in 2014 and it was all right but kinda messy, its about time we had another Training Day kind of movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom