• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

drmcclin said:
the problem with ScoreHero is that they are the type of players that are only interested in one thing: how hard the song is on their instrument of choice. That's all fine and dandy, but lots of note != sounds good, at least IMO.

I feel like the Baron or whoever in Amadeus ("Too many notes!")

The problem is these games have been popular with that segment of the audience for 6 years now, and unless you're terrible at video games, you've probably got to the point that most of the setlist on any disc can be boring for you. It's like faulting an FPS fan for getting bored if the first 3/4 of a game was a shooting gallery.

Daigoro

allegate said:
Went in and realized I didn't have the CCR pack nor the Janes Addiction album so I grabbed both of them.

good work. both packs are worth it.

PhoncipleBone said:
I agree about the reggae stuff. Anything is better than nothing.

Also, another recommendation for the REO/Styx pack. One of the most played packs at parties here. Now if only we could get keys and harmonies on it, if just for "Renegade" and "Roll With the Changes."

just saw your reply now. (saw you talking about it in the other thread too by this point)

i played several Marley songs last week and they are actually quite fun. blanking on what songs they were at the moment... its a good pack though.

and shit. that Reo/Styx pack. its just so fun. yes it needs an update when RB3 comes out. it would be amazing.

Keldor said:
Holy shit! Anthrax and the Doobie Brothers for me.

same!

Daigoro said:
good work. both packs are worth it.

just saw your reply now. (saw you talking about it in the other thread too by this point)

i played several Marley songs last week and they are actually quite fun. blanking on what songs they were at the moment... its a good pack though.

and shit. that Reo/Styx pack. its just so fun. yes it needs an update when RB3 comes out. it would be amazing.

same!

The two songs that have been DLC that MUST be updated for keys and harmonies are "Roll With the Changes" and "Somebody to Love." Both feature heavy key parts, but also good back and forths between singers. With "Roll With the Changes" the harmonies wouldn't have much to do until it hits that point where everyone just keeps singing "keep on rolling! Roll with the changes!" and the lead vocalist just starts belting out his own stuff.

But "Somebody to Love" is already a party favorite, but adding harmonies would put that song at the top of the list every party. Lots of keys, but the fact that nearly the entire song is a back and forth among all the singers...drool.

And if they did add it to all Queen stuff, "Under Pressure" would somehow become even better. Each time you play it just becomes a question of who would be Bowie, and who would be Mercury.

R.E.M. – “Driver 8” +
R.E.M. – “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)” +
R.E.M. – “Living Well Is the Best Revenge”
R.E.M. – “Radio Free Europe” +
R.E.M. – “Stand” +
R.E.M. – “Superman” +
R.E.M. – “These Days” +
R.E.M. – “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?”
T. Rex – “Children of the Revolution” +
T. Rex – “Cosmic Dancer” +
T. Rex – “Jeepster”

FUCK YEAH! I LOVE old school REM. Their earlier stuff compilation is what I've listened to most this year (along with the Pavement best of). Glad they got their best new song (Living Well). T Rex is also awesome.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Pack prices:

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (680 Microsoft Points) for T. Rex Pack 01
$13.49, £8.99 UK, €11.88 EU (1,080 Microsoft Points) for R.E.M. Pack 01

The PS3/Wii RBN selections:

Tracks coming to RBN on PlayStation 3 on Oct. 5:

Jonathan Coulton - "Betty and Me"
The Myriad Burial - "Death Quota for Purification"
Asking Alexandria - "Hey There Mr. Brooks"
Evile - "Infected Nation"
Amberian Dawn - "Shallow Waters"

Tracks coming to RBN on Wii on Oct. 5:

The Shins - "Australia"
Jonathan Coulton - "Code Monkey"
Flogging Molly - "Druken Lullabies (Live)"
The Slip - "Even Rats"
Steve Vai - "For the Love of God (Live)"
Skeletonwitch - "Crushed Beyond Dust"
Texas in July - "Elements"
Seether - "Fake It"
Emarosa - "Heads or Tails? Real or Not"
Band of Horses - "Is There a Ghost"

And while there's been a bunch of issues with updating the RBN store, these songs are currently available on Error420:

The Agonist - Thank You, Pain. || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Andy Timmons - Headed for the Ditch || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Graveyard BBQ - BBQ Nation || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Last Day Off - Mrs. Right || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Mile Marker Zero - Laceration || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Rose of Jericho - Midnight Eyes || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Shylo Elliott - Bittersweet Melancholy || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Yesternight's Decision - Dying Wish of a Living Man || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

And I'll put in my usual "I authored that" disclaimer/plea over Yesternight's Decision.

Also, since Rock Band DLC is considered game content, this promo deal does apply. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure RBN tracks count as well.

Hop

butter_stick said:
I can't imagine anything worst that being liked by people that like REM.

It's possible that being the sort of stubborn fool who'll enjoy Arcade Fire yet hate R.E.M. is worse, but I'm not so closed-minded so I can't really say.

The RBN store is updated now. I removed The Sex Generals from my earlier post since they're not included in the store update for some reason. That song's progress had an odd air from the beginning; it might've been pulled, or it might just be getting held for some reason.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
robut said:
R.E.M. – “Driver 8” +
R.E.M. – “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)” +
R.E.M. – “Living Well Is the Best Revenge”
R.E.M. – “Radio Free Europe” +
R.E.M. – “Stand” +
R.E.M. – “Superman” +
R.E.M. – “These Days” +
R.E.M. – “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?”

:D :D :D :D :D

The only thing that would have made this better would be including "Don't Go Back to Rockville."

I'll buy every last one of those.

Charron said:
It's possible that being the sort of stubborn fool who'll enjoy Arcade Fire yet hate R.E.M. is worse, but I'm not so closed-minded so I can't really say.
Yeah, REM is about as general indie rock as you get and Arcade Fire is like the modern day version of it. Weird. REM even had glam flirting songs (they name check T Rex in "Wake Up Bomb").

Kafel

Banned
Thx for the updates. Yay for old Rapid Eye Movement !

I think I'll get disappointed again but I'll ask anyway : still no word about RB Megamix ? : (

Looks like The Great Salt Lake is now eligible for PS3, In Circles clears exclusivity next week, and the Surfer Blood songs the week after that. Who knows when they'll actually make it over, though...

Hop

Kafel said:
Thx for the updates. Yay for old Rapid Eye Movement !

I think I'll get disappointed again but I'll ask anyway : still no word about RB Megamix ? : (

The fixed version has been sent to Microsoft for re-certification.

robut said:
Yeah, REM is about as general indie rock as you get and Arcade Fire is like the modern day version of it. Weird. REM even had glam flirting songs (they name check T Rex in "Wake Up Bomb").

R.E.M. has a bit of everything. They started with country hints, then went kinda poppy, then acoustic, then hard rock, then electronic... That's what I always liked, it's less "the same album 15 times" and more "the same album done 15 different ways".

But of course, if you don't like that album in the first place, it's not gonna matter.

I won't get all of the REM tracks, but a few of them are great. It's the End of the World As We Know It will be a lot of fun when friends come over.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh my fuckin gawd T-REX? I love T-Rex and Children.. is one of their best songs, best pack ever. REM will be great as well but I would have loved Electrolite, since it's one of my most favorite songs.

Great update.

Snuggler said:
Oh my fuckin gawd T-REX? I love T-Rex and Children.. is one of their best songs, best pack ever. REM will be great as well but I would have loved Electrolite, since it's one of my most favorite songs.

Great update.

Children of the Revolution is going to be so much fun. I love singing and playing guitar at the same time.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
OMG

That T.Rex pack is godly.

I uses to sing Cosmic Dancer to myself all the time.

All three of them I've listened to hundreds of times.

Excellent pack!!

Hop

Snuggler said:

Great update.

Save that for RB3. That, (Don't Go Back to) Rockville, and Nightswimming.

Hop

The 2000th song is supposed to be announced today, and it'll definitely be next week's DLC at this rate. Only 23 to go.

Today's RBN:
Amberian Dawn - Saga || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Confide - Now or Never || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Gomez - How We Operate || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Periphery - Buttersnips || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Rain Dogs - Dirt || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
The Sex Generals - Warmachine || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Shelly Rastin feat. Randy Bachman - High Class Trailer Trash || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Shylo Elliott - Far Wanderings || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Steam Powered Giraffe - Electricity is in My Soul || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

Buttersnips is the first all-6 RBN song, even if vocals are really overtiered for effect. Warmachine is a charity single for Child's Play.

Hop

Daigoro said:
fuck yes TREX!

Dreams do come true. This is something ive been wanting for a long time. Very excited.

Fuck yea REM, too! And Fuck yea Hendrix next week!

Daigoro

Can anyone confirm that the full Are You Experienced album is coming out, or just the song.

Im unclear on this. The IGN article was vague. Thanks.

Nisa65

The announcement on Harmonix's site isn't particularly clear either. It reads to me like it will only be a selection of tracks from the album rather than the whole thing.

Hop

So we're gonna have two versions of Fire.

“Purple Haze” +
“Manic Depression” +
“Hey Joe (Live)”
“Love or Confusion” +
“May This Be Love” +
“The Wind Cries Mary” +
“Fire (Live)”
“3rd Stone from the Sun” +
“Foxey Lady” +
“Are You Experienced?”
“Stone Free” +
“Highway Chile” +

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1,600 Microsoft Points) for Are You Experienced: Rock Band Edition (Album)

And based on Henry's post, these will be the RBN songs released today:

Children of Nova - Arcaedion || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
The Dangerous Summer - The Permanent Rain || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Dash Rip Rock - Johnny Ace 2010 || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
New Rising Son - Rain || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
I Am Abomination - The Deceiver || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Public Radio - Forgot Love || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Rose of Jericho - Signed With Love || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Shy Nobleman - Girlfriend || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Single White Infidel - Right to the Apex || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Widespread Panic - Chilly Water (Live) || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Widespread Panic - Surprise Valley (Live) || full version (160 MSP) || trial version

EDIT: RBN store has been updated. Official song count is currently 1,998; the next RBN song approved is technically song 2,000.

PS3 RBN songs for next week:

Heaven Ablaze "Parhelia"
Reverend Horton Heat "Death Metal Guys"
LoveHateHero "America Underwater"
Band of Horses "No One's Gonna Love You"
Amberian Dawn "Incubus"

Band of Horses is good, but I'm bummed we're not getting SDRE's In Circles this week.

Daigoro

First thing: TREX DLC is fantastic. Very happy with it. Not sure why Jeepster isnt the album version exactly but its close enough.

I really just wish HMX would stick with the straight album versions and not constantly swap them out with alternate takes and worse shitty live versios.

Which leads me to the Jimi release: Why Why must they fuck about

They say they are releasing the full album. As released fucking where! Its neither the UK or the US version!

Weird omissions and additions and of course they just have to throw in some live stuff just to completely bastardize the "full album" release promised.

Dont get me wrong, im going to buy it and play the shit out of it, but i dont get it. Why do they have to fuck around

It seems like they almost always have to throw a curve ball at you. Its annoying.

? Where the hell are my question marks... Dumb phone.

The Doors DLC leaked on the Microsoft servers or something :D

There are two packs:

The Doors Free Launch Pack
Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm, and Touch Me

Greatest Hits pack
Hello, I Love You, L.A. Woman, Love Her Madly, Love Me Two Times, Peace Frog, People Are Strange, Roadhouse Blues, Soul Kitchen, and The Crystal Ship
(not sure if that's all the songs and if it's available on launch, too)

Pretty fucking awesome!

I3rand0

Milchmonster said:
The Doors DLC leaked on the Microsoft servers or something :D

There are two packs:

The Doors Free Launch Pack
Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm, and Touch Me

Greatest Hits pack
Hello, I Love You, L.A. Woman, Love Her Madly, Love Me Two Times, Peace Frog, People Are Strange, Roadhouse Blues, Soul Kitchen, and The Crystal Ship
(not sure if that's all the songs and if it's available on launch, too)

Pretty fucking awesome!

That free launch pack is sick. Love the GH pack too!

shagg_187 said:
Free? From Microsoft? But but they like money!
HMX probably just wants to push DLC sales. "Hey, check out the DLC store, you'll get a free Doors pack and maybe you'll find something else ;)".

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that but it's not like they give it away for free because they are nice.

elektrixx

Banned
Milchmonster said:
HMX probably just wants to push DLC sales. "Hey, check out the DLC store, you'll get a free Doors pack and maybe you'll find something else ;)".

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that but it's not like they give it away for free because they are nice.
Unless you're already invested in DLC. Then it's just nice!

Top Bottom