• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Story Adventure ‘Dustborn’ Announces August 2024 Release, Special Physical Edition Detailed

Via NoisyPixel

Quantic Dream has announced that the Red Thread Games-developed single-player story-driven action-adventure game, Dustborn, will be released for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S on August 20, 2024.

The story of Dustborn follows a road trip to transport a package from Pacifica to Nova Scotia. Protagonist Pax is traveling undercover with a punk-rock band, exploring an alternate America and visiting pit stops to recruit new members, build relationships, fight off pursuers, and take on assignments.

Creative Director Ragnar Tørnquist said the following:

“Dustborn builds on our experience creating single-player, narrative-driven projects such as Draugen or The Dreamfall Chapters, and gave us a chance to explore the action/adventure genre. It is, first and foremost, a character-driven game about people and the power of words. Dustborn is all about understanding your crew, their relationships, and how your words shape the world around you. We cannot wait for players to embark on this bonkers road trip.”

The digital release of Dustborn will cost 29,99€/$29.99, while the physical edition will be 39,99€/$39.99. The special edition will feature the following:
  • 2 postcards from key locations visited by the crew;
  • A map of the American Republic, listing all the pitstops the crew has to make before arriving to their final destination;
  • A 32-page prequel comic book about the crew’s life before accepting this risky mission;
  • Stickers of iconic elements from the game.

GJPIFuwaUAADUCQ

Kupfer

Wow, the first thing that strikes me about the game is that the design of the crew hammers diversity into my face so forcefully that it's no longer to be taken seriously. It feels like a long checklist was simply ticked off, so that nobody has anything to complain about.

It seems like there was zero sensitivity shown here, and as someone who could belong to one of the represented minorities, I would probably be outraged by the fact that one is not taken seriously here and is merely used to appear as inclusive as possible.

Well, it will probably find its audience; if such games help someone feel better, they probably have a reason to exist

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, Beyond and Detroit, but I don't feel addressed at all with this one.

A physical release is nice though.

Edit; misunderstood, Quantic Dream is only the publisher and not the developer behind this project.

Last edited:

Mokus

Ugly women out of the gate in the trailer.

I bought everything so far from Quantic Dream and I loved the games despite many saying how bad they are. But I will be skipping this woke trash.

StueyDuck

how to say sweet baby inc made this game without saying sweet baby inc made this game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

jesus christ, even after all the diversity and wokeness the game looks like hot shit... these people with these personalities just aren't talented.

mdkirby

I love this sort of game. But absolutely everything in that seems terrible, including the narration 🤣.

Looks like design by tickbox and committee gone mad, at the expense of anything remotely interesting, and bottom of the barrel narrative/dialogue. Very clunky gameplay and animation too. Feels like a “wish” version of Road96, which was a great game.

Yep still willing to give it a go. I am replaying through Dreamfall again on the steamdeck and it still is as good as I remember it being even with the shit combat.
The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are some of my favorite adventure games. For some reason though I couldn't get into Dreamfall Chapters, maybe because it runs very badly on PS4/PS5 (it stuttered a lot last time I tried to play it). I guess I'll have to pick it up on Steam one of these days...

Last edited:
The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are some of my favorite adventure games. For some reason though I couldn't get into Dreamfall Chapters, maybe because it runs very badly on PS4/PS5 (it stuttered a lot last time I tried to play it). I guess I'll have to pick it up on Steam one of these days...
Its dirt cheap on Steam sale. Should run pretty well now on most pcs. Will try it on the deck whenever I get to it.

Top Bottom