• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

Nintendo eShop
Zombie Slayer Diox™ - Zombie Slayer Diox is a rhythm-action game with a side-scrolling twist. Don the jeans and leather boots of a samurai guitarist living in a future time when zombies have taken over most of the world. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

wtf? who's the dev?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
what breed is Uggie? my download hinges on this question.

K0ggE.jpg

He's the best. He seriously stole the show in The Artist.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Pyramids Demo and Dr.Mario Gameboy
Thanks. I think I'll go watch Ariane.

I'm going to use this app so much! Its gonna replace the free art academy game I got from club nintendo. I can't wait to share some paintings with swapnote too.
Neither can I! (wait for you to share some paintings in swapnote ; )

Happy birthday to me!

(well, technically, I have to spend some birthday money to get it, but whatever)
Happy BD, zigg! Now where's that classic BD comic strip meme.. Ah, nevermind, don't fear the reaper (I'm following right behind you, watching your back ; )

I wish someone at Nintendo would learn that it's ok to have more than one thing worth looking at each week, and it's ok to release a Virtual Console game and 3DSWare game at the same time.
Dunno about that. I might feel violated.

BooJoh

While there's nothing in this week's update that I want, I have bought a couple things this month and I'm looking forward to getting 3D Classics Kid Icarus as soon as Amazon sends me my code.

Picross-e is still at the top of my eShop wishlist though.

sfog

It looks like there's a new DSi firmware update out. I got prompted to update when I tried to check the shop earlier today, but haven't downloaded it yet.

DarkWish

So about those eShop games on GameStop's website... well I went to my local GameStop earlier this week and they had boxes on display (like any other 3DS game case) but advertising both Pushmo and that Mario VC title that were on GameStop's website. But also, there was a box for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus.

So I guess that means you can buy 3D Classics: Kid Icarus at GameStop and download it to your 3DS right now? Since it was on their shelf, I assume so. I didn't try since I'm getting it for free for pre-ordering Kid Icarus: Uprising anyways, but just thought I'd mention that.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
No impressions on Zombie Slayer yet? I'm interested in it, but I don't know if it'll be worth the price.

No impressions on Zombie Slayer yet? I'm interested in it, but I don't know if it'll be worth the price.
I'll post impressions when I get home.

Is it fun? Yes
Is it brutally fucking difficult? Yes
Is it worth $5.99? Not really.

There's some funny moments from time to time, it's just so damn hard.

Wow, really? It doesn't look bad in the videos.

I'll get it later and see for myself.
Those videos show easy mode.

When you change to normal/hard, you basically start playing Simon on the Dpad while slicing the correct way and at the correct time on the touch screen.

The slice patterns can alternate on the fly as well (colors too). It'll probably get easier when I memorize the color layout of the Dpad.

Those videos show easy mode.

When you change to normal/hard, you basically start playing Simon on the Dpad while slicing the correct way and at the correct time on the touch screen.

The slice patterns can alternate on the fly as well (colors too). It'll probably get easier when I memorize the color layout of the Dpad.

Yea this game is a little harder when you get to zone 3. Use the cpad not the dpad for the colors. Side slash is a bitch sometimes.

Bullza2o

No demo for America again?
-_-
They announced the Rhythm Thief demo several weeks ago, and it's coming mid-April. I'm afraid that might be the next demo :\

Anyways I'm not too worried about new demos because of something that's coming out tomorrow!

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
If you preordered Kid Icarus Uprising from Amazon check your email. Just got my code for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus. Downloading now.

I redeemed my Kid Icarus 3D code and played the first world, and it wasn't as ball-bustingly difficult as I remembered it being. I did die a few times on the first level, but after I started getting used to the enemy patterns it was smooth sailing all the way through the Cerberus fight. I don't think I've ever actually made it past the second world before, so this should be a fun new experience for me.

So far this month I got Punchout (<3<3<3<3) and Sonic Triple Trouble.

Sonic Triple Trouble is pretty bad, but it's not completely unplayable like I thought it would be after experiencing the horror of Sonic Blast.

watershed

Banned

Sonic Triple Trouble is pretty bad, but it's not completely unplayable like I thought it would be after experiencing the horror of Sonic Blast.

Oh man this post just made me remember that Bioware made a sonic rpg for the ds. That was all kinds of odd. I hope we see more stuff like that in the future on the 3ds.

OnPoint

I actually thought it was a pretty competent Sonic game, aside from the unclear emerald gathering system. Beat it last week

BooJoh

In case anyone else was wondering, I can now confirm that upon reaching exactly 100 icons on your 3DS menu, your menu expands from 120 spaces to 180. If you keep your menu on 6x10 or 8x5 it won't fit perfectly into pages, but I just used the extra columns at the end for my system settings and stuff.

backlot

I redeemed my Kid Icarus 3D code and played the first world, and it wasn't as ball-bustingly difficult as I remembered it being. I did die a few times on the first level, but after I started getting used to the enemy patterns it was smooth sailing all the way through the Cerberus fight. I don't think I've ever actually made it past the second world before, so this should be a fun new experience for me.

Hope you got the power upgrade or things are gonna get rough. I was able to make it to the first dungeon level before I had to go to class. The backgrounds look a lot better in game than in the screenshots for some reason.

tim1138

Hope you got the power upgrade or things are gonna get rough. I was able to make it to the first dungeon level before I had to go to class. The backgrounds look a lot better in game than in the screenshots for some reason.
Agreed, they look much better in game.
Although I find it odd that pillars and bushes are in the background now, almost 100% positive Pit went behind them in the NES game.

BooJoh

Reapers are still a huge problem for me. I can't time my jumps to keep them from seeing me, and the small ones always manage to hit me at least once.

I noticed the backgrounds thing in the preview video. The first screenshots looked terrible to me, but when the video came out on eShop I thought it looked much better. Once I saw it ingame it actually seemed perfectly natural. Weird.

New firmware coming soon?

http://gamegaz.com/201203247322/

* Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.

* This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.

* This update will add the application "Nintendo Network" to the 3DS.

* Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Shop (DLC feature).

* A "Game Preview" Mode for the Nintendo 3DS system Nintendo Shop.

* Enhances the speed of the handheld.

* Increases the system security with automatic security updates.

* Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to European 3DS owners.

Lijik

I dunno I think Triple Trouble is pretty great aside from the last two zones which are almost Sonic Blast bad

Pyrrhus

The jumping physics are definitely off in Kid Icarus 3D Classics. They've removed the momentum behind it. I keep missing jumps I could make in my sleep. And I know I'm not just misremembering it because I played the original game again about six months ago.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
In case anyone else was wondering, I can now confirm that upon reaching exactly 100 icons on your 3DS menu, your menu expands from 120 spaces to 180. If you keep your menu on 6x10 or 8x5 it won't fit perfectly into pages, but I just used the extra columns at the end for my system settings and stuff.

I knew it was some point between 100 and 110 or so, but I wasn't sure of the exact number. Thanks!

Man, the world 3 labyrinth in Kid Icarus was a bitch and a half to navigate. I eventually broke out a pen and paper and drew my own map, old school style. I'm having a lot of fun with it overall, though the first three boss battles have been pathetically easy.

tim1138

The jumping physics are definitely off in Kid Icarus 3D Classics. They've removed the momentum behind it. I keep missing jumps I could make in my sleep. And I know I'm not just misremembering it because I played the original game again about six months ago.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought it felt off. Took me like four tries to beat 1-1 because of the jumping, but once I got the hang of it I haven't died since.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The jumping physics are definitely off in Kid Icarus 3D Classics. They've removed the momentum behind it.
You can play the game with the original controls or the new/modified ones. When you start a new game, it prompts you for Original or Modern(?) controls.

Original plays like the original -- the new controls also come with altered jumping, jumping, etc.. Check the digital manual for details.

Top Bottom