• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

duk

Banned
dejay said:
Go to the GT5 thread - he's apparently a shill, a troll and the anti-Christ. All of which are true, but he gives us yummy updates and he's funny.

szy8o2.gif

ur avy fits u so well lol

Hawk269

BCD2 said:
Holy... If the connectors really look like that, we'll be hauling in and out of Ladera.

LoL....just you saying that had me look at it again and already pick out where the major accidents are going to be....right after that long run into Ladera and the first turn is going to be brutal for many breaking at the high speeds and the same again as you leave that part of the track into the the next portion.

Chinner

Banned
i'll warn you guys right now: dont get exicted about forza 3. you know how che loves to call out other games like GT5? well i did that to him on like two occasions now and hes ignored me. i was like "hey che, will forza 3 be better than real racing for the iphone?" and hes juist flat out ignored me. so yeah rael racing better than forza 3 from the man himself.

Chinner said:
i'll warn you guys right now: dont get exicted about forza 3. you know how che loves to call out other games like GT5? well i did that to him on like two occasions now and hes ignored me. i was like "hey che, will forza 3 be better than real racing for the iphone?" and hes juist flat out ignored me. so yeah rael racing better than forza 3 from the man himself.

The GT PSP thread really got me thinking about real racing. Is it work the $7? wish there was a demo :(

Chinner

Banned
real racing is really good actually. shamefully it has no manufactured cars but the content and game is fun itself. also has cockpit view which totally owns.

Chinner said:

Gee what's up duck
On the other hand you might have made his ignore list

Hawk269 said:
LoL....just you saying that had me look at it again and already pick out where the major accidents are going to be....right after that long run into Ladera and the first turn is going to be brutal for many breaking at the high speeds and the same again as you leave that part of the track into the the next portion.
Oh yeah. It will be dicey in a few spots.

I just got a chance to look at videos of each to see where these connecting roads are. It's pretty neat.

Counterclockwise:
Iberian
Ladera
Camino

FrankT

Can't believe we are going to be playing this next week. I suspect post demo this thread could possibly reach the length of the entire Forza 2 thread haha.

Che,

Will engine/performance mods/parts have nasty side effects?

for example If I upgrade my car with turbos, cams, exhaust, etc but I leave the radiator and intercooler stock will my engine overheat/damage quicker during a race?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Chinner said:
I...can't tell if this is serious or not. Is my sarcasm meter busted? :(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
We can be proud to say that we'll eventually own an E-Reventon ...

Sheesh I'll probably leave that car in the Forza 3 screensaver 24/7 :lol

Keikoku

Banned
bloodforge said:
Because you don't sit in the back seat to drive.

Still it looks like something is "cut" from the screen. Just look at the hand of the driver, it doesn't look realistic at all. Just nitpicking though.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Keikoku said:
Still it looks like something is "cut" from the screen. Just look at the hand of the driver, it doesn't look realistic at all. Just nitpicking though.

I'm sure you'll love driving in this cockpit mode, I loved it in F355 challenge.

Zaptruder

Banned
Keikoku said:
Because if you show more of the cockpit, you show less of the track.

The view is spot on, IMO. Every other game that I have played with a cockpit view puts the view so far back that I feel that I'm in the back seat.

They should also make it so that when you're in cockpit view the "look back" button automatically moves the view to look at the rear view mirror.

Keikoku

Banned
Well, NFS shift seems to do this kind of cockpit view pretty well. Still, I'm liking the cockpit view in FM3, it's just that the POV is pretty weird. Will probably get used to it.

Preordered the limited edition. Damn, FM3 will be my first racing game since Extreme-G 2 and that wasn't really a racing game but a mario kart clone with "coolness".

Iknos

bloodforge said:
Because you don't sit in the back seat to drive.

If you have a big screen you'll want it far back further. Games like PGR and GT aren't far back enough for my screen. DIRT had one that was perfect for my setup.

But we've already discussed this a hundred times I'd be beating a dead horse but I had to say it.

When you drive in real life though it is true you wouldn't normally be seeing things like the bottom portion of your steering wheel. Not even in your peripheral view. The thing is in real life the "screen" is right in front of you while when we play games it's on a screen a good distance from us.

I've tried translating some of that Famistu stuff but it fails if I try to do the page entirely. I can do chunks fine but that takes a while. There was one interview with Dan that covers stuff we already know and then there was this one with Jun Taniguti which I found interesting.

Alone the Japanese creator has shaken ability in the Turn 10 studio. It is Jun Taniguti who serves the senior game designer. If the race/lace game fan you think that the one which you know it is more, but Taniguti nearly 15 years 'the Sega rally takes charge of the development of the race/lace game such as 2' and 'the Sega touring car championship' at Sega which is on the register. At 2006 Microsoft after the joining, “we would like to make the car game”, that from thinking it transferred to the Turn 10 studio in 2007, that the method which you say, extraordinary has passion in the car game making. In such a Taniguti, 'you inquired about the prejudice which is bet on the development of [huorutsuamotasupotsu] 3'.

Q: 'The case where 3' is developed is directivity to be some kind of ones?

A: To Taniguti '2', “the racing simulator which passes in the world” was one goal. After all, real being behavior, it was and/or most seriously considered physical calculation. However, '2' being sold, when the user it tries inferring the opinion, the user which feels realism in “fine graphics” other than thing stimulant was done in many thing, it is with the shank. “As for the most beautiful car game what?”When with hearing, there was many a thing where name of the other game is arrested. When making the car game, with just the element as a simulator being insufficient, it was found that precise description of the car and course, furthermore it is important what, it is. 'With 3', as for the polygon which is used for the car at 10 times that or more the previous production, it has reproduced entirely securely to the previous production also the cockpit which is not over 400 models or more.

Q: As for graphics with the notion that where the shank suitable evolution was accomplished.

A: Taniguti of course, therefore with saying, is not the case that it neglects the element of the essential simulator to, is. On the other hand, physics of the car (physical calculation) it pursues the part thoroughly above the previous production. 'With 2', reappearing to temperature difference outside and inside the tire, “just a little you do not do too much?”Also it is the case that it was said, but when (laughing), the physics discernibly such by the fact that to stack, the user grasps the controller, “something the genuine [tsu] [po] it is and don't you think?” if “however you cannot explain, something it is real, don't you think?” with it can keep reaching to the limits which you can feel, ......With you think, it is.

Q: 'Even with 3' the way of prejudice of there change?

A: As for Taniguti it is. When '3' the empty one example of the physics which is introduced is increased, “the tire twist” it has reappeared. When bending, the tire can twist the car [tsu] [te] corner, it is with the shank. It is almost not to be understood in the eye which was seen of course, but taking in numerical value to there, it pursues physical calculation, it is.

Q: There is a basis, as for the element as a “racing simulator” with the notion that where the shank you do not remove.

A: Like of Taniguti it is. There the fact that furthermore the frontage is expanded to the base, is '3'. This becomes my private opinion, but the person who excessively does not have interest in the person and the race/lace game that only 1 you buy the race/lace game in 1, in regard to '3', furthermore, however past the race/lace game was bought, you think that in very the person that we want taking in the hand, it was not pleasant. For the user that “you do not know it should have tuned the car how,”, it is extreme story, but pushing a button directly, as been able to enjoy the game, various assist functions and the kindness design such as “[sajiesutetsudorain]” and the “automatic brake” have been complete, it is. “The game play which is approachable” is actualized, it is with the shank.

Q: This time anew also adopting “rewind”, with link “of the game play which is approachable” the shank? Don't you think?

A: Taniguti so is. When it fails, time can be rewound, Don that, saying “5 years later it probably becomes standard of the race/lace game”, in regard to “rewind”, now it does, the seed. The function which is close to “rewind” is to be loaded onto also the other game, but a some penalty is provided. It does not provide so, 'with [huorutsuamotasupotsu] 3' as for penalty at all. When there is a penalty, because using you hesitate by any means, “rewind” we wanted 'with' 3 using freely. Of course, “rewind” was used in regard to score ranking and the like, it is the intention of trying to be understood whether you do not use.

Q: “Rewind” the time when it goes back it is limited?

A: Taniguti of course is. For example 60 minutes becoming just before end of the race/lace which is required, saying, that we would like to return immediately after the starting, because there is a limit of memory, it is harsh as expected, because is. In regard to “rewind”, we having prepared the saving point of the occasionally possible limit, it can go back to somewhere, it differs somewhat.

Q: Because - it is not the case that accurately time has been decided, the shank?

A: Taniguti it is different. In regard to “rewind” I think in the kindness design. When it fails with a certain corner, returning in the vague place, because it is the case that it is not meaning don't you think?. “When it returns to here, supposing that it can recover probably will be from crash”, it has reached the point where it returns automatically.

Q: The paint function which is popular with the previous production how probably will be?

A: Taniguti of course it evolves! Those where it is most serious with the previous production paint, imitating the car in the canvas, like the distortion unless the paint you must do, were the point. 'With 3', when sticking to the car flat to a canvas, it has reached the point where you adjust automatically. And the design which was made everyone and share is possible in a way, “design file”. The fact that you sell the online is of course, being gratuitous, it is possible to present, is. I the one which likes the paint with “the painter” [tsu] [te] are to call, but '3', the previous production compared to the element which the painter can rejoice furthermore increased.

Q: With the notion that where the shank - also the community element furthermore spreads.

A: Not only Taniguti and the paint, this time the “design file” not only, also the “tuning file” it reached the point where share, it is possible it is. When it is the beginner, it is the case that is very also tuning of the car very, but easily “it cannot win with this course!”When with saying, set up the “tuning file” is received from the friend of the car lover ......Is possible also some lever. It is the case that the pleasure spreads to such “tuner” very.

Q: When - other than the painter, 'with 3' also the tuner increases, (laughing).

A: Taniguti the “store front” questions “design file” and the “tuning file” and uploads at the fish store and can also sell. Because the “store front” is divided every contribution person by the “my store front”, it can also verify the favorite painter makes what in other things. Attaching the book mark, also it is possible sometimes to check. Furthermore, rating (appraisal) it reached the point where it is possible. “As for this 5 [tsu] stars!”You know by the fact that the user judges with the like feeling, every UGC (the user compilation contents) appraisal it is high. Perhaps, this the item which it should feature with the “store front” don't you think?. Also the frequency of download is indicated of course.

Q: 'With 3', it is to be able to upload some kind of data in other things?

A: With [ripureideta] and photograph of Taniguti high diff. shank. The thought for the car saying, it is each person, don't you think?. There are no just people who love race/lace and the person who loves the fact that the [te] and the photograph are taken they are and, the people who love the paint it is. If the person who likes tuning it is, it is the case that the person who likes the compilation of image it is. “You support all people who love the car are not or!”'Has become big theme of [huorutsuamotasupotsu] 3'.

Q: Don't you think? - somehow '3', exceeding the framework of the racing simulator, that becomes the race/lace game which does not have the opening seems. Don't you think?

A:Taniguti so is. On the one hand while pursuing the element as a racing simulator, while there being a feeling that, in the user of the car lover we would like to have rejoicing, large number it includes the fee char which to an already with one side you can enjoy wider layer. So unless it does, there was also a crisis atmosphere whether it does not mean that the genre, itself “race/lace game” becomes strange. The actually place, in the daughter of 8 years old inside 'when it can lay idle with 3', the Suzuka circuit run the [chi] [ya] [tsu] it is it is properly, (laughing). Because there is “one button control”, because the steering wheel is just is operated is to call

Q: '3', becomes 'all-inclusive formation of the [huorutsuamotasupotsu]' series?

A: The Taniguti '[gurantsurisumo]' series in the head, splendid title is many in the race/lace game. In 2005 'at stage of that time when the [huorutsuamotasupotsu]' series is started, a already there was 10 years close history 'in the [gurantsurisumo]' series. 'As for the 1st work of [huorutsuamotasupotsu]' several hundred staffs spending 2~3 year, it is to make, but even then it is not easy to overtake the title which period it is long is supported. Then Don of the director ([gurinuoruto]), from beginning 'the [huorutsuamotasupotsu]' series was caught with the stance, “hop step jump”. Whenever the series is accumulated, as for depth and the know-how which can be acquired being the case that certainly it exists, we would like to surpass the rival with the latest “jump”, as my thinking it is. In such sense, '3' is not wrong the “game work” as for being, is. Simply, because the developer is the avaricious creature, perhaps there are no times when it is satisfied, (laughing). “We would like to insert this”, that however you thought, it cries, as for the element which cries and shaves there is a large quantity. The Turn 10 studio “ranks the priority and” will have been secure, it is.

Q: In such sense, jumping in the alone Turn 10 studio, the part which receives stimulus it is many? Don't you think?

A: Taniguti so is. Entering into the Turn 10 studio, 2 years it passes, but those where you can make admire are that development system is refined in any case. Is not one polar body system by the producer + game director the Japanese way and the [te], the studio manager and the game director, lead/read of each post such as the program manager and the test manager (the patsy) side and it is and should everyone always “how have done this project?”With thinking of that you say logically, it is decision making, it is. “Which priority being high with respect to marketing as for?”“By the fact that there not to be this element, there being some demerit, obtaining what conversely?”With total judging that you said with point of view, it keeps acquiring priority, it is. Following to the decision making, 300 staffs keep moving. When you compare with the Japanese system, you think that this system is a length of 1 days.

Q: Jumping in development actual place suddenly, it is not to be confused?

A: The wall of Taniguti word was large after all, is. Because the idiom whose Don is difficult always (usual phrase) you use, the indication was not recognized (laughing). These 2 years, in word just which suffering hardship? They were 2 years of tear and tear truly, (laughing). Because the staff feeling received me well, it was saved truly. After all, because the country is different, also method of making is different and, also method of thinking is different. The American thinks logically to straight, it is with the shank. Because the Japanese likely, “really however you think, that such one is correct, the director says, how it will do?”With there are no times when you say. “Something important?”With judging that you say logically, “this it is not popular”, that when it becomes, it does, it cuts at all and the [chi] [ya] bears and does. “It is good in regard to being cut dryly, kana?”With it is sometimes to become worry, but (laughing), the judgment being clear, there is no blurring. With the development which is not perplexity the shank. When 'making [huorutsuamotasupotsu] 3', first you drop from there with philosophy as clear, keep being packed it is with the shank. For example, when this time “it makes 3,000,000 ~ 4,000,000 person enjoy, the goal that the game probably will be made” is raised, “it should insert some kind of fee char?”In order, “to insert and the fee char, some technology and the talent necessity?”With the judgment which was said is lowered. Conforming to that, it keeps uniting development plan, it is.

Q: Also schedule management may will have been secure, don't you think? is?

A: It means that the charge where hits against the line producer of the place you call the program manager inside Taniguti, as it is called in the movie is, but managing the work item of each team such as game design and program in every process, it regulates schedule, it is with the shank. There to be tremendous is to be systematic, but don't you think? while I do 16~17 annual game development even, it was the most ideal development system.

Q: With meaning and the ideal environment for software development which are the shank. Don't you think?

A: Taniguti so is. As for Turn 10 when it is the worldwide highest racing game studio, as for me you have been self-confident. What compared to, the excellent talent in the world where it has related to the development of the racing game, gets together with tremendously high motivation. Everyday working to nighttime, “you became tired”, that you do not say no matter what, it is. On the other hand so the eye is brightened [kirakira] pleasantly. Them and those where work is possible are truly delightful thing when and, in the future '4', '5' and '6' continuing, it can keep making 'also the [huorutsuamotasupotsu]' series, being delightful, the shank.

“The Turn 10 studio how inserting the air being agreeable, that if you can peep through the fact that you say whether '[huorutsuamotasupotsu] 3' is made it is delightful is,” that Taniguti who talked to beginning the interview. The interview which Taniguti's heat is confined exceeded 1 hours story just is heard “the way of the seriousness” could infer sufficiently, sufficiently. The experts of the car making which gets together from in the world being serious, it built up, 'it is not possible not to expect to [huorutsuamotasupotsu] 3', properly.

- This time it could not introduce excessively, but “carrier mode” (single play) expanding the frontage is a special feature. When you are current your own ranking, it reached the point where it is found at first that you can participate in this race/lace. The number of events from 90 of the previous production increased by the way substantially to 220. This photograph from pattern of [purezen] Don [gurinuoruto].

In the multiple play of ▲Xbox LIVE the opposition maximum of 8 is possible. Other than usual race/lace, it becomes team game, when “the cat and the mouse” and, it is caught in the ogre, by your become the ogre, the prayer which has not become to the last ogre calls the victory, “tag” and so on, multiple play of the rule which changes the preparation (the photograph is not something of Xbox LIVE).

I understand that "sajiesutetsudorain" means "suggested line" but I don't understand what "shank" means.

Doing this took too long and the amount of useful info could have been summarized in a paragraph. Live and learn.

eso76

Iknos said:
Doing this took too long and the amount of useful info could have been summarized in a paragraph. Live and learn.

Taniguti of course !

And yes, i said it earlier; wouldn't make sense including stuff that in real life would only be in your peripheral vision, since most players will have the entire screen in 'focus' and would only take up screen estate which could be used for the track.
That is, unless you're playing 3 mts away from a 100" projected screen, where the edges of the screen would, in fact, be in your peripheral vision.

Loving the cockpit view, but the wheel + hands movements is currently bugging me; in the E3 build you could see the wheel turning a lot more than it does in recent vids; either the movement has been limited because it caused issues with some of the cockpits or, hopefully, it changes when you're using a pad instead of a wheel, which would make sense, since with pads or MS wheel movement is not linear.
But it should be with the fanatec set to 900°.
I don't believe i have seen videos of people playing in full 900°, and i'd like to know something more about that mode

eso76

Impression from a Hong Kong event, some interesting stuff:

http://bbs.a9vg.com/read.php?tid=1283377&fpage=1&toread=&uid=&page=1

rough translation:

The car models were made by several companys and few were buyed directly from making cg's company ,like the lamborghini reventon model was buyed from the company making the car model in the batman movie.

The game in the active is a finally build and the graphic is much better than E3 build ,stable 60fps and the reflection is too amazing.

In forza 2, the reflection on car body is 30fps, sometimes it shows all of a sudden. But in forza3 is 60fps.

The tracks have spanish..........,and the most plusate the fujimi kaido track from forza 1 is back.

The most worth to say is the Nurburgring track completely update.Forza team go to Germany and find the track is not the same(some stuff). The weather is usually a cloudy day,so it's not suitable from forza2.Then changing the weather and the ground is not flat like before.

Actually playing feels big change, it becomes much difficult than forza 2 even in all assists on.

The graphic shakes.For example,when you brakes,the carmara become lower than usual,it much progress.

The pressure of the tires is ture. You can see the tires change shape from turning the curve,and it affects the ability of holding on surface (I don't know how to describe). The producer says it produced with michelin company and other,and no other games has this effect until now.

It may cause one tire no touching the ground,and the muscle car with a big horespower may pull the car head accelerated at the beginning.

The online mode also has strange(funny) mode like rob the flag. Thinking about a suv crashs the mini cooper flying away.

The game has 2 disk. The second disk contects the rare car and most people don't like the car than disk 1.

faberpach

The game looks truly fantastic, and the damage pic in those posters looked really good.

Can't wait to see more info and pics about the damage.

abrasion

Banned
Keikoku said:

No, if they increase the FOV and put your POV 'back' further in the seat, you'll see too much damn car dashboard and not enough road, meaning that it will be difficult to drive.
This is some of the problems with games on a 16:9 screen when our eyes damn near see a true 180 FOV.

Also only gangster hoodlum idiots drive with their seat half leaning back so they are miles from the steering wheel, look at how a real driver sits (WRC, F1, Touring car) they are in a very close position to the steering wheel and barely laying back.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
chespace said:
Yes, there is a soundtrack in-race now. We'll release the song list later.

It's a different soundtrack than what's in the UI menu.

Is it possible to change songs in race?

eso76

faberpach said:
The game looks truly fantastic, and the damage pic in those posters looked really good.

Can't wait to see more info and pics about the damage.

tbh, that pic is a render. I don't expect crashes to be that spectacular or well done in game, but then again i couldn't care less :)

BADNED

HOT from the press!

“Forza Motorsport 3” Unveils the Ferrari Collection and Original Amalfi Coast Track

This October, the universally recognized “cavallino rampante” of Ferrari’s prancing stallion badge makes its return in “Forza Motorsport 3,” the highly anticipated racing experience from Turn 10 exclusively for Xbox 360. As the perfect complement to “Forza Motorsport 3’s” sizable Ferrari roster, Turn 10 is also lifting the curtain on an originally designed track, the Amalfi Coast, where fans will enjoy both point-to-point and circuit racing as they speed through the scenic landscape of Italy’s rustic coastline.

As Ferrari takes center stage at the Frankfurt Auto Show in Germany, Microsoft and Turn 10 are excited to announce that “Forza Motorsport 3” will include 29 models from the legendary manufacturer, including iconic cars such as the Ferrari 250 GTO, Ferrari 512 TR, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Enzo, and Ferrari 430 Scuderia at the title’s release.

To properly showcase all of the amazing Ferrari models that players will find in “Forza Motorsport 3,” Turn 10 will be showcasing all 29 models on Forzamotorsport.net, starting today and running for the remainder of the week. These reveals will include exclusive screenshots and information on each model, as well as a few surprises, so be sure to tune in daily. For the latest updates on all things “Forza Motorsport” as well as a chance to give feedback and ask questions, follow Turn 10 on twitter (@turn10studios).

Additionally, to help complete the Italian racing experience, “Forza Motorsport 3” takes racers on a tour through one of the most beautiful destinations in the world – the luxurious Amalfi Coast of Italy. Inspired by the picturesque environments of the coastline, the originally designed Amalfi Coast track is sure to be a fan-favorite for showing off breathtaking videos and screenshots captured in “Forza Motorsport 3’s” video export and photo modes. As a circuit, the Amalfi coast is 3 kilometers of challenging narrow cobblestone roads, beautiful beachside vistas, and tight tunnels. In its “Rally di Positano” configuration, the Amalfi Coast is over 19 kilometers of white-knuckled tarmac rally heaven. Fans of point-to-point racing will love getting from point A to point B on the many stages of the Amalfi Coast.

“Forza Motorsport 3” is rated E for Everyone and will be available in the U.S. on Oct. 27, 2009, Europe on Oct. 23, and Asia on Oct. 22. For a deeper dive on the cars in today’s reveal and upcoming announcements in the coming days, please visit http://forza.xbox.com and the Turn 10 twitter.

Iknos

PR said:
In its “Rally di Positano” configuration, the Amalfi Coast is over 19 kilometers of white-knuckled tarmac rally heaven. Fans of point-to-point racing will love getting from point A to point B on the many stages of the Amalfi Coast.

Fucking definitive!

Insayne

chespace said:
There is no micro-stutter. I promise you. 60fps glassy smooth.

Yes, there is a soundtrack in-race now. We'll release the song list later.

It's a different soundtrack than what's in the UI menu.

Thanks, that's what I needed to do my pre-order :)

Top Bottom