• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

BADNED

Here we go:

nb9mr9.jpg

xckhu0.jpg

2gv27us.jpg

2qurdc2.jpg

2coj6mt.jpg

More monster tracks = Me a happy chappy

edit: For some reason I'm reminded of the PGR New York circuit in one of those pictures.... I wonder if Turn10 have used the assets from PGR4 to create a much bigger NYC circuit this time around.... ?

sionyboy said:
More monster tracks = Me a happy chappy

edit: For some reason I'm reminded of the PGR New York circuit in one of those pictures.... I wonder if Turn10 have used the assets from PGR4 to create a much bigger NYC circuit this time around.... ?

NICE CALL!!

You can TOTES MCGOTES see an NYC Sightseeing bus in the top one.

NICE CALL!!

eso76 said:

The car models were made by several companys and few were buyed directly from making cg's company ,like the lamborghini reventon model was buyed from the company making the car model in the batman movie.

The game in the active is a finally build and the graphic is much better than E3 build ,stable 60fps and the reflection is too amazing.

In forza 2, the reflection on car body is 30fps, sometimes it shows all of a sudden. But in forza3 is 60fps.

The tracks have spanish..........,and the most plusate the fujimi kaido track from forza 1 is back.

The most worth to say is the Nurburgring track completely update.Forza team go to Germany and find the track is not the same(some stuff). The weather is usually a cloudy day,so it's not suitable from forza2.Then changing the weather and the ground is not flat like before.

Actually playing feels big change, it becomes much difficult than forza 2 even in all assists on.

The graphic shakes.For example,when you brakes,the carmara become lower than usual,it much progress.

The pressure of the tires is ture. You can see the tires change shape from turning the curve,and it affects the ability of holding on surface (I don't know how to describe). The producer says it produced with michelin company and other,and no other games has this effect until now.

It may cause one tire no touching the ground,and the muscle car with a big horespower may pull the car head accelerated at the beginning.

The online mode also has strange(funny) mode like rob the flag. Thinking about a suv crashs the mini cooper flying away.

The game has 2 disk. The second disk contects the rare car and most people don't like the car than disk 1.
That is interesting info. Thanks.

I was just looking at the first Ring picture on the last page and was thinking to myself "Jeez, I don't think that section had any incline in the previous Forzas. I wonder if it's finally been retooled?" I guess so. That's great news because I've never been a fan of FM's Rings. Hopefully this one will finally give GT4 a run for it's money on having the best Ring. Don't forget the bumps!

blanky

Excluding the DLC there were 20 ferrari's in FM2, including the race equipped ones. So thats a rough 5 new cars? If the dlc were included and none of the FM2 cars dissapeared. None of the cars in the pictures are new yet, we'll see in the coming week then. Looking forward to Amalfi Coast, 19 km :D :D

pr0cs

Jesus I drove the Amalfi coast just past Sorrento a few years back, I could *not* imagine driving it with a Ferrari, a few times I nearly soiled myself in the van we rented and we were going REALLY slow.

gtmax

You'll be able to play capture the flag?!

Che: see what you can do with this idea:

Huge parking lot
Soccer posts
Giant Soccer Balls
Toyota Aigo

Make it happen buddy!

blanky said:
Excluding the DLC there were 20 ferrari's in FM2, including the race equipped ones. So thats a rough 5 new cars? If the dlc were included and none of the FM2 cars dissapeared. None of the cars in the pictures are new yet, we'll see in the coming week then. Looking forward to Amalfi Coast, 19 km :D :D
I just looked it up too. There are three 550 racecars. Counting them as one, it's 23 total including DLC and the 360CS (not offered in the US). Counting them as three it's obviously 25 total.

So either four or six new ones. Please be separate models, and one of them please be a 312PB.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow wow wow. cant wait to see almafi. hope its similar to gt4's Cittá d'Aria and Costa di Amalfi

OH. MY. Pre-ordered the HELL out of this thing. HYPE TO THE EXTREME.

Slowly convincing myself $350 for the Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel/Pedals will be worth it.

Are we getting a Microsoft version that has cheaper parts but still includes a clutch (BEST thing announced about the game is support for a CLUTCH .. the ultimate lacking feature of console sim's!)? Or, perhaps a bundle of the game+wheel? I know it's a bit early but the Fanatec wheel is already pre-ordered out til late November.

Racing Game of the Forever.

toff74

Looking at your last picture and comparing it to the screenshot, both look kinda black/white.. I think it's maybe a byproduct of trying to render a shiny black surface on a black background. It's not a technical explaination, but valid.

blanky

striKeVillain! said:
I hope we get more exotic tracks like Amalfi, even if they are purely fictional.

I really hope that the palmtree we saw in the intro video means we'll get Rio back, I love Rio!

eso76

I still don't like the lighting in sedona and le mans and the specular highlight on cars has no business there (especially being so wide and smooth...hope they release a patch to get rid of it :p) but that really is all the negatives i can think of.
Everything else about the game is just glorious.

And 19 km on the amalfi coast ? i was hoping T10 used the setting for something more than a 1'30"/lap track but i didn't dare hope for a near nurburgring epic. Ok, in fact i did, few pages ago.
Definitive,

Speaking of Ferraris, we already know california and italia are in, so that's 2 or 4 more models left to reveal that were not in Fm2.

Cahill

Banned
Awesome news about the new course... Point-to-point! *giddy*

Not liking those shots of the black F40. Kinda looks like a toy covered in vaseline to me. :(

blanky

eso76 said:
I still don't like the lighting in sedona and le mans and the specular highlight on cars has no business there (especially being so wide and smooth...hope they release a patch to get rid of it :p) but that really is all the negatives i can think of.
Everything else about the game is just glorious.

And 19 km on the amalfi coast ? i was hoping T10 used the setting for something more than a 1'30"/lap track but i didn't dare hope for a near nurburgring epic. Ok, in fact i did, few pages ago.
Definitive,

Speaking of Ferraris, we already know california and italia are in, so that's 2 or 4 more models left to reveal that were not in Fm2.

wait... what? where?

blanky

twinturbo2 said:
I'll take the F40 over the Ferrari Aztek anyday.

Here's hoping that the F50 is included, too.

it is. Can be seen in the intro video i think, or something else recent.

edit: sweet, fact sheet at the car show in Frankfurt says: 10 new cars each month for 1 year :D
download link

Edit nvm, got caught in the excitement.

eso76

blanky said:
wait... what? where?

sorry, its not confirmed yet, i thought i heard someone from T10 mentioning it but i just got things mixed up. apologies.

F50 is in, there was one in that reventon @ catalunya video from gamespot.

10 cars each month for one year; Tofu did say that too,

That grill isn't white but grey, so on a black car it shows up much brighter, maybe a little to light. Also lacks self shadow over the grill.

Pre-order cancelled.

blanky

eso76 said:
sorry, its not confirmed yet, i thought i heard someone from T10 mentioning it but i just got things mixed up. apologies.

F50 is in, there was one in that reventon @ catalunya video from gamespot.

10 cars each month for one year; Tofu did say that too,

well with their supposedly improved relations with ferrari and this dlc plan it seems more likely that it will be in the game, more a matter of when. Having it in retail would be a sweet surprise. Kinda weird though since none of the press actually drove it yet right?

This new wheel rumour is probably fake.. on second guess, sorry guys. browsing fm.com forums does wonders for the brain.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Screenshots and 3 more Ferraris on FM.net this morning. Also screenshots of Amalfi too. ;)

We will reveal a bunch of Ferraris each day for the rest of the week. Also, I'll post a ribbon of Positano.

Top Bottom