• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

Jintor

It lives on at http://www.idlethumbs.net/magazine

We'll link it up properly soon.

Already thanked Chris, but Suh-weet. Thanks Jake.

I was listening to The Idle Thumbs Podcast at lunch today as I went to buy a sandwich and the reader mail section was amazing. It's the one with the Bioshock 2 Bathroom dude, the dream about QTE Sex-Drowning Events, and... uh... a short story about Remo and being murdered by dudes in Stalker when running to take cover from world-destroying events. Might have attracted some stares, I was laughing so hard.

stupei

Okay since everyone is seemingly doing their own separate re-listens: can someone tell me which episode is the "Islam is the light" one?

tino

Banned
Holy shit, almost missed this.

I put in :10bux: I miss the songs.

(I don't mean to be a cheap ass, but I am saving a $50 bill whenever Mark and Shane decide to get back to the same podcast.)

tino

Banned
The Brodeo just wasn't nearly as consistent, mostly because of cast issues.

The more I think about it, the more I think it has to do with Brodeo podcasters did it for work and Idle thumb crews did it for fun. That's why I like Geekbox and Comic Conspiracy, two podcasts born at the aftermath of Brodeo, more than Brodeo.

grkazan12

Alright, I'm sorry in advance for being LTTP, but I always heard great things about idle thumbs. Just never got around to listening to any episodes when it used to be on.

I heard the songs that came from the show and they are excellent, but can anyone point me to some awesome moments from the show itself possibly on YouTube?

Very excited to hear the new episode.

stupei

Alright, I'm sorry in advance for being LTTP, but I always heard great things about idle thumbs. Just never got around to listening to any episodes when it used to be on.

I heard the songs that came from the show and they are excellent, but can anyone point me to some awesome moments from the show itself possibly on YouTube?

Very excited to hear the new episode.

Actually, someone (maybe the guys themselves) has been uploading entire episodes here.

But if you want a smaller sampling, I personally think Splinter Cell and Tekken 6 are both really great without any further context required.

I don't really think that one works without context...

I don't agree. It makes perfect sense. That was also, IIRC, the first time any of them ever mentioned Jeff Goldblum (certainly the first time he was ever discussed to that degree), so it's not like there was some precedence to the story. It just came out of nowhere.

But it is out of the ordinary and not really indicative of the majority of the episodes.

I thought this was after they'd had pretty extensive conversations about Jurassic Park. It made Jeff Goldblum's sudden presence on the show not seem random to me at all, but simply meant to be. Fate.

I don't really think that one works without context...

I don't agree. It makes perfect sense. That was also, IIRC, the first time any of them ever mentioned Jeff Goldblum (certainly the first time he was ever discussed to that degree), so it's not like there was some precedence to the story. It just came out of nowhere.

But it is out of the ordinary and not really indicative of the majority of the episodes.

Shaneus

For those who want to listen to the cast on their (i?)Phone, if you use a third party browser like iCab (which I highly recommend!) or similar, you can download it, then listen on the go. As it's a "movie" you can't lock your phone or it'll stop playing (or multitask for that matter) but if you're desperate, you'll do anything.

Not that I'm desperate.

Hey big idea will you guys do a show where you play far cry 2 but it's mostly about the interaction of the grass and your feet. Idle feet crinkle cast

iorjGXGABSkrY.png

Cohsae

Argh I need to get paid so I can kickstart this shit. Will I get access to the progresscasts that came out before I kicked?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Argh I need to get paid so I can kickstart this shit. Will I get access to the progresscasts that came out before I kicked?

Yeah. You can pledge the lowest whenever you want and upgrade later if you want. No funds are deducted until the month is up.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Morning thumb-gaf

Progresscast 2 <3
Dota 2 cast :O!? <3<3
81K <3<3<3

Yeah, that's true. It's all coming back to me. Looking at the podcast page it's been a little over three years since it ended. Where does that time go?

Welp, that's depressing. I just did a mental progress-report of what's changed in my life since the last days of the Brodeo and here are the results:

(1)I still live in the same shitty tiny apartment
(2)I still don't have a girlfriend
(3)Most of my friends have moved away and
(4)I am now unemployed
(5)I still spend most of my time browsing GAF
(6)There's no GFW Radio
FML. Thank god for whiskey and old podcast-episodes.

Sneds

This comment is..interesting. A gaming-related podcast is essentially listening to a bunch of fans vocalize their opinions. It's the same as if you and me recorded our conversation and posted it in the internet. That's what a podcast is.

Except Idle Thumbs is entertaining and insightful.

This comment is..interesting. A gaming-related podcast is essentially listening to a bunch of fans vocalize their opinions. It's the same as if you and me recorded our conversation and posted it in the internet. That's what a podcast is.

If all my game conversations on Neogaf and/or real life were properly edited with good musical interludes, I would also pay for that. Have you listened to Idle Thumbs?

This kick starter thing will have a burnout and backlash but hopefully not before Robert Ashley funds A Life Well Wasted. That's one I'd definitely pay for.

I know yr reading this. Do it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hahah Jake you can see him crack up just before the cut, when he goes "...and I'm Jake Rodkin" in the Kickstarter video.

Top Bottom