• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Uncertain For E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I has an update for you:
This is from an interview with Square staff at the Korean FFXIII launch event.

Development on Final Fantasy Versus XIII is advancing well, and more information will be revealed on it at the appropriate time.

Kagari said:
I has an update for you:

Development on Final Fantasy Versus XIII is advancing well, and more information will be revealed on it at the appropriate time.

Wonderful. That translates as 'we're doing stuff and we'll show you that stuff when we have to'.

If its in a closed Mega theater I'll rip their balls off.

Negaiido

Galvanise_ said:
Wonderful. That translates as 'we're doing stuff and we'll show you that stuff when we have to'.

If its in a closed Mega theater I'll rip their balls off.

No no you've got it all wrong, I can speak/understand squarish, that translates to "We're delaying the PS3 version and making the 360 version so we can show that version at E3."

imtehman

Banned
Negaiido said:
No no you've got it all wrong, I can speak/understand squarish, that translates to "We're delaying the PS3 version and making the 360 version so we can show that version at E3."

not gonna happen, Nomura is too much of a ps3 fanboy and Square Enix doesn't want to piss off thier greatest developer

miladesn said:
"appropriate time" means not anytime soon in Square land.

It would be pretty funny if they show things off at the completely inappropriate time. Like on a massive screen in a 3rd world country after an environmental disaster.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kagari said:
I has an update for you:

So basically, same shit, different day?

imtehman said:
not gonna happen, Nomura is too much of a ps3 fanboy and Square Enix doesn't want to piss off thier greatest developer

face meet palm

Kagari said:
I has an update for you:

WTF SE :lol

Kagari said:
I has an update for you:

typical

Dabanton

imtehman said:

Has anyone actually asked Nomura if he loves the PS3 that much?

Kagari said:
I has an update for you:

Dear Square Enix,

E3 is the appropriate time.

Thanks.

Hypereides

Gold Member
imtehman said:
as long as the game is good i'm all for it, take your time SE

Well, at least Im hoping for more than 2 towns this time. :p

Airship, and world map is going to be the main points of the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I believe it was stated in a past interview that it was Nomura himself who pushed for the 'PS3 only worlwide' tags in the trailers after July 2008 as well as Planning Director Akiyama Jun.

Kagari said:
I has an update for you:

infominister.jpeg

dramatis

Sacha said:
Hashimoto said back in 2008 that Versus XIII was still PS3 exclusive, and that Nomura wanted the whole team to focus on one version of the game or something. "One goal spirit".

Edit : here's the said interview (in Japanese) http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1216673_1124.html

It's blown out of proportion into some fanboy fantasy that Nomura is actually a Sony fanboy.

Shadow780 said:
yes, bumping for an useless update, how nice of you Kagari.

Only to mimic the uselessness of Hashimoto, I guess :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kagari said:
I believe it was stated in a past interview that it was Nomura himself who pushed for the 'PS3 only worlwide' tags in the trailers after July 2008 as well as Planning Director Akiyama Jun.

Yeah, we'll see how that fares.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmmm... I thought One Goal Spirit is another PS3 exclusive from Nomura? :p

dramatis said:
It's blown out of proportion into some fanboy fantasy that Nomura is actually a Sony fanboy.

While he's probably not some totally nuts console warrior, I don't think it's far outside the realm of possibility that he, like many other people, prefer one company to another.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Kagari said:
I has an update for you:

Whew, I was starting to worry.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rahxephon91 said:
Screw an xbox port unviel. The game itself needs a full blown reveal.

That it does.
Still don't think it'll be at E3 though. Maybe a 30 second trailer with stuff we've already seen.

jiggle

Kagari said:
That it does.
Still don't think it'll be at E3 though. Maybe a 30 second trailer with stuff we've already seen.

it's gonna be a cgi trailer regardless of events
thinking back to FFXIII, most of the realtime/gameplay stuffs were released on the most random regular days
iirc anyway

with a full team devoted just to the FMV part
they're gonna have so much materials to recycle/reedit/resplice up to the day of the game release XD

clashfan said:
What if the reason for the delay is because it's becoming a 360 exclusive?
I guess they'd have to retool all of the character models, so a delay would make sense if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom