• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon and their "Exclusive for Prime members" is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Free shipping on tons of stuff and a lot of exclusive discounts is not a bad deal considering there is no limit to how much of it you can use per year. Its a great deal...shipping alone makes it worth it.

soco

i'm behind Amazon's 1 subscription fee for many services idea. Even if this means shitty sales to just prime members.

E92 M3

I've had it since Batman Begins myself.

CDlhf5l.png

It's 100 bucks a year, we should get more shit.

Not sure if serious? Just Amazon Prime Video (which has more movies and TV shows than Netflix) makes it worth it, Netflix costs $120 a year now for new subscribers who want HD. And that's not counting the shipping discounts, free books, and all the other things included in Prime.

crpav

OK I was a bit over the top on my rant about Amazon Prime. Yes it has amazing benefits but I wish it was like it was before they started adding the prime only deals and reserved for prime members.

I never had to be a prime member in the past when they had lightning deals and amazing black Friday deals and I worry that this year will be bad for non prime members.

Walpurgis

Banned
Either you do not actually have it and are talking out of your ass and trolling or you just do not know what you have.
Free two days shipping, movies and tv shows, a huge music streaming library, books, apps, storage... the shipping itself usually pays for the whole thing for me within the first three months.

Not sure if serious? Just Amazon Prime Video (which has more movies and TV shows than Netflix) makes it worth it, Netflix costs $120 a year now for new subscribers who want HD. And that's not counting the shipping discounts, free books, and all the other things included in Prime.

It costs $80 a year in Canada and all we get is "free" two-day shipping. It's a scam.

Mesoian

It's 100 bucks a year, we should get more shit.

I mean, you get a streaming audio service, a streaming video service, free cloud storage for photos, and, in some regions, same day shipping.

You can argue that prime sales may not be the best, i'd agree, but let's not pretend like they're not offering a LOT.

I've said this before and gaf just laughed at me. Also, print black Friday was trash last year so it's not like you're missing anything. The deals have disappeared long ago.

Hasney

Since Prime has been straight up garbage around here since they started doing their own delivery, I don't even look at Amazon first for anything anymore once these exclusive prices started coming in. They're just slow and usually not the cheapest anymore.

Kaladin

At $100, the two day shipping is still worth it for me.

Seriously, shop online elsewhere and try to get two day or release day shipping and see how much you spend over a year if you shop online.

Especially if you're buying big ticket items.

Everything else is a bonus.

crpav

Another gripe is how long it takes to even prepare your item for shipping. I should not have to be a prime member to have my item shipped out same day or next when I place an order. I understand it may be free shipping but that should not mean I have to wait 3 to 5 days before it is even packaged and shipped.

GodofWine

I pay a membership at Costco and they have awesome stuff, I pay for prime and it is just as valuable, I see no issue with it.

Either you do not actually have it and are talking out of your ass and trolling or you just do not know what you have.
Free two days shipping, movies and tv shows, a huge music streaming library, books, apps, storage... the shipping itself usually pays for the whole thing for me within the first three months.

Basically this. Amazon Prime means I don't have to step into a store and deal with sales clerks, or upselling, or rudeness. I get it in two days, and with most video games, I get it on release day. Everything ELSE I get with it is just a bonus, and has ultimately saved me and my household hundreds of dollars a year.

<3 Prime.

coklat

Neo Member
If you're in Alaska or Hawaii, Prime sucks. Pay $100...to get the same slow-ass ground shipping I can get for free? Oh nice, instead of taking an unreasonable 4-5 days to put my crap in a box and slap a label on it, you'll only take 2 days. Thanks.

That is shitty. I liked Prime a lot, but OP's description is pretty bad for non-prime owners. You should never feel obligated to sign up for a paid bonus service. My advice, order from Best Buy. GCU is the absolute tits, better prices with that than Amazon, but even if you don't want to sign up you can still give your business to a company that will actually take it without a subscription.

2 day shipping is great, but it's understated how nice the hassle free returns are on prime items. I always get either an expedited order or refund processed right away and still have a generous amount of time to send back the original item.

Definitely gives me some peace of mind when making big ticket purchases. I often lean towards Amazon over other sites even if when they are slightly more expensive just for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom