• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Video exploring bringing ads to the platform. Possibility of charging even more than current price to remove the ads.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
for me it's not about it being on as a screen saver, more the fact you've purchased the product and you shouldn't have to pay an extra fee to opt out. Or maybe it's a discount to opt in? Ads are so much more pervasive these days - in games, on the OS, on paid services...
IMO it's a discount thing. The Kindle is really well priced, and when they introduced ads, they did discount it.

You can view it either way, but if they got rid of the ad supported version you'd still be paying the other price.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Imagine paying for something in 2023 and still getting ads, fucking lol. If this isn't late-stage capitalism then I really don't wanna be alive when it's actually here.
Cable TV?

Been normal for decades lol

Every streaming service but Netflix is losing gobs of money, including Amazon Prime Video by a HUUUGE amount. They are spending more money than anyone else and having a fraction of the viewership.

Last edited:
home rob GIF by South Park
Yes. It's called a physical collection.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm exploring the possibility of never fucking using Amazon Prime Video ever again.

Apple TV+ is honestly the only streaming platform I enjoy these days.

Top Bottom