• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black parents.. white baby! adorable family photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

giga said:
49-not_the_father.gif

This is definitely the most likely answer. I mean, statistically the explanation in the article is almost never going to happen, though I suppose it's possible. But in general the simplest answer is usually the truest and if the guy really believes in his wife he shouldn't have a problem getting genetic testing to confirm it either way.

I mean, if there is ANY question, and in this case it's reasonable to raise the possibility, you should do a genetic test and also an STD test just in case, it's not because you don't trust the other person, it's because you're being sane and cautious.

I know of a few people with darker skin shading and hair color who were essentially born with little to no pigmentation and straight/lighter colored hair. Is this really that exciting or unfathomable? Some still haven't darkened up...

Trurl

Banned
Pretty neat story. It goest to show that race isn't what people think it is.

Edit: I love the son's face. :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Gaborn said:
This is definitely the most likely answer. I mean, statistically the explanation in the article is almost never going to happen, though I suppose it's possible. But in general the simplest answer is usually the truest and if the guy really believes in his wife he shouldn't have a problem getting genetic testing to confirm it either way.

I mean, if there is ANY question, and in this case it's reasonable to raise the possibility, you should do a genetic test and also an STD test just in case, it's not because you don't trust the other person, it's because you're being sane and cautious.

The white kid looks black to me, except for the hair and skin color, you can see some of the traits.

Gaborn

Ether_Snake said:
The white kid looks black to me, except for the hair and skin color, you can see some of the traits.

Sure, I agree with that, but you're telling me you wouldn't be just a LITTLE bit concerned in that situation? I mean, a paternity test under the circumstances shouldn't be unreasonable. I mean, remember the mother is obviously black (Pretty hard to argue THAT one :lol :lol :lol) so it'd be more stunning if there wasn't some "traits" there. That doesn't mean the child is 100% her husband's.

Gaborn said:
Sure, I agree with that, but you're telling me you wouldn't be just a LITTLE bit concerned in that situation? I mean, a paternity test under the circumstances shouldn't be unreasonable. I mean, remember the mother is obviously black (Pretty hard to argue THAT one :lol :lol :lol) so it'd be more stunning if there wasn't some "traits" there. That doesn't mean the child is 100% her husband's.
A cheating wife still wouldn't account for the baby looking like that though.

Gaborn

Ignis Fatuus said:
A cheating wife still wouldn't account for the baby looking like that though.

If the answer is "two parents with 'white ancestry'" and essentially the theory is the kid is a genetic "throwback" to that past generation, then the answer could be "white ancestry" in the mom, and in the dad, regardless of who the dad is. So I'm not sure how that wouldn't explain anything.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Most infants are ugly but not all of them. Give me a fucking break. Fascinating how some in here seem to have an abnormal hatred toward newborns.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
missbreedsiddx said:
babies are so fucking ugly. Little wrinkled alien bags of fugly.

People always yell at me when I voice this universal truth.

I like you.

Gaborn

Dreams-Visions said:
it happens, Gaborn.

get over it.

That's a pretty harsh response. I'm not exactly the only one voicing this opinion (heck, I quoted someone else's gif saying the same thing!) A lot of rare things happen, that doesn't mean you absolutely accept anything that comes out of a vagina as yours.

Dead Man

Gaborn said:
That's a pretty harsh response. I'm not exactly the only one voicing this opinion (heck, I quoted someone else's gif saying the same thing!) A lot of rare things happen, that doesn't mean you absolutely accept anything that comes out of a vagina as yours.
I get why someone would be concerned, but I also get why someone would accept the baby without a paternity test. I think you need to chill out a bit, you seem to be getting pretty riled about the possibility that the baby is not the guys.

Edit: The article opens up talking about genetics experts, I am sure they have done a full paternity test anyway, in order to try and determine the reason.

Gaborn said:
If the answer is "two parents with 'white ancestry'" and essentially the theory is the kid is a genetic "throwback" to that past generation, then the answer could be "white ancestry" in the mom, and in the dad, regardless of who the dad is. So I'm not sure how that wouldn't explain anything.
This is jibberish. The article makes a point of saying that white ancestry in either parent is highly unlikely. Even if the father was white the baby should come out looking mixed. Surely you know that babies don't come out either just white or just black.

That the baby does not look mixed indicates that something else is going on--rare random mutation.

It happens.

Raiden said:
Smells like a Metal Gear plot to me

Genes, memes and scenes ... and genes.
Not enough virtual simulations and AI conspiracies.

Gaborn

Dead Man said:
I get why someone would be concerned, but I also get why someone would accept the baby without a paternity test. I think you need to chill out a bit, you seem to be getting pretty riled about the possibility that the baby is not the guys.

Edit: The article opens up talking about genetics experts, I am sure they have done a full paternity test anyway, in order to try and determine the reason.

*shrug* if he got the paternity test and it's his then great. I'm happy for the couple and I hope their family is healthy and happy. I just read the article as the guy taking it on blind faith that the wife could NEVER be cheating on him, and while I understand the desire to believe that I think you sometimes need to open yourself to the possibility. Just like in Me, Myself, and Irene.

Again though, I hope it is the genetic improbability the article is suggesting.

Ignis - where did I say the father was white? I was suggesting the woman might have had an affair. A black person can obviously have white ancestry, just like a white person can have black ancestry (or any race can be). We're all basically mixed if we go back far enough, and most of us it isn't even THAT far.

Dead Man

Gaborn said:
*shrug* if he got the paternity test and it's his then great. I'm happy for the couple and I hope their family is healthy and happy. I just read the article as the guy taking it on blind faith that the wife could NEVER be cheating on him, and while I understand the desire to believe that I think you sometimes need to open yourself to the possibility. Just like in Me, Myself, and Irene.

Again though, I hope it is the genetic improbability the article is suggesting.

Ignis - where did I say the father was white? I was suggesting the woman might have had an affair. A black person can obviously have white ancestry, just like a white person can have black ancestry (or any race can be). We're all basically mixed if we go back far enough, and most of us it isn't even THAT far.
Fair enough.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i think we should all just agree that you should have a paternity test before signing anything for any reason, irregardless of what the baby looks like.

Cooter said:
Most infants are ugly but not all of them. Give me a fucking break. Fascinating how some in here seem to have an abnormal hatred toward newborns.

nah its just most newborns looking constipated old bald men. :lol

Gaborn said:
My point was that even if the husband was straight up white it wouldn't explain the situation--still less convincing is the idea that an affair with a black man with white ancestry could account for an entirely white baby with no white ancestry on the mother's side.

And if you're trying to say that unknown white ancestry with two black parents is a likely explanation, how on earth would that require an affair anyway?

Basically if you don't think the father was white, then I find it extremely difficult to understand why you're calling for a paternity test. Are you sure it's not just a knee jerk reaction--the kid is the wrong color so it's only "sane and cautious" to assume something illicit is going on?

Dead Man

Pandaman said:
i think we should all just agree that you should have a paternity test before signing anything for any reason, irregardless of what the baby looks like.
Sooo... depending on what the baby looks like?

Gaborn

Ignis Fatuus said:
My point was that even if the husband was straight up white it wouldn't explain the situation--still less convincing is the idea that a black husband with white ancestry could account for an entirely white baby with no white ancestry on the mother's side.

And if you're trying to say that unknown white ancestry with two black parents is a likely explanation, how on earth would that require an affair?

Basically if you don't think the father was white, then I find it extremely difficult to understand why you're calling for a paternity test. Are you sure it's not just a knee jerk reaction--the kid is the wrong color so it's only "rational and sane" to assume something illicit is going on?

I'm sure that plays a role in my thinking. In general if there's a trait that doesn't obviously "fit" with your known family history (for example if a child is born with blue or green eyes to Hispanic parents who have a family full of brown eyes) then you probably should take a second look.

Paternity tests shouldn't be nearly as big a deal these days, there are even cheap home tests you can buy for like $80. that's cheap for a sense of security that there's not something going on that you should know about, and it should give everyone a sense of security assuming it comes out the way it should. Besides, as someone pointed out it's very likely a paternity test WAS done even though it's not stated in the article.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
revolverjgw said:
Third time I've seen "irregardless" on here today! My nerves are shot.
It's a legit word, irregarless of what you may think.

giga

Moussi said:
man i hope this thing didnt give me a virus..
If the malware warning you're getting is red, then it means you're infected. So far I'm in clear as it's only a green warning for me. Thank god for MACINTOSH.

Moussi

giga said:
If the malware warning you're getting is red, then it means you're infected. So far I'm in clear as it's only a green warning for me. Thank god for MACINTOSH.
I haven't gotten the malware warning in Firefox. I think I got it in chrome I can't remember what color it was. Is there a way I cna find out?
I got it in the NBA thread earlier fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu if I've been infected. Im so paranoid now.

Dali

Gattsu25 said:
Seriously, Cooter. Your image host is a malware haven. (212/258 pages on iconator.com result in malware installs)

I'm ignoring you, Coot.
I just did. I never really had a need to use the ignore feature until now. Wow, thanks for being so oblivious Cooter.

Dead Man

RevenantKioku said:
It's a legit word, irregarless of what you may think.
It may be, but if it is to be considered a legit word, it should be used in the manner that its meaning is clear. It is the negative form of regardless, hence, with regard. Used in that manner it is fine. Clumsy, but fine. If people want to say irrespective and regardless, they need to say them ONE AT A TIME! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom