• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Pre-Release Spoiler Thread | Unmarked Cacpcom Leak Spoilers

Man, the music so far has been great. Haven’t really liked any of the previous RE music.

Leon is my RE favorite but I am leaning towards Jake this game. A Melee-run seems like it would be insanely fun. Hoping Jake makes it out alive and not Wesker’d. Capcom has a problem with making interesting characters for RE and ditching them to cycle through Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada and Claire as protags. Well, Claire not-so-much these days but still...

That said, honestly think this is Chris’s last game.

Really, really, looking forward to playing. Sadly, I won't be able to until next spring.

News Bot

Banned
This game will already be miles better than Resident Evil 5 on environments alone. Resident Evil 5 had the worst mid-game I've seen and played through in many years. Terrible terrible environments. Whoever though spending the majority of the game in tribal areas, marshlands and ruins was a good idea needs a might slap in the throat. Once you first get on that marshland boat, I fucking die inside. You don't get to experience anything remotely interesting or enjoyable until you reach the Progenitor flowers and beyond. Irrelevant if all these ancient areas were relevant to the story, they were extremely bad. Though Resident Evil 5's pacing was shit as it is.

Resident Evil 6 at least shakes it up with many dark and creepy night-time environments, city areas, and more interesting military-themed places to shootbang in. Though that's par for course in Resident Evil games and their final areas. The diversity in the places you visit really excites me. Shit, the fact that you get to play during the night-time for many environments is another one-up on Resident Evil 5. You only experience the darkness fully...well...never, aside from the tanker. Even then that never worked because the environment was a fricking tanker. Cutting out the village at night section seen in early RE5 trailers was criminal.

Seriously, proper excited for Resident Evil 6.

My feelings exactly.

Personally, the only thing the game is leaving me wanting is story. Hopefully it'll be good. We've got Ada, the most mysterious aspect of the series (and hopefully her organization and a details of her past, involvement with the rival company, involvement with Wesker etc), and a dark side of the U.S. Government that has been present and hinted at since BH3. I'm hoping Simmons is less like one-off villains such as Saddler and Lansdale and more like Sergei Vladimir. Someone who has been involved behind-the-scenes in past games. For example, it would be seriously awesome if he was one of the U.S. Government officials who sponsored the use of B.O.W.s in warfare and endorsed purchasing them from Umbrella, and it would be even greater if he was one of the "high-ranking military officials" that negotiated with William Birkin in exchange for the G-Virus. So on and so forth.

The series has yet to disappoint me with its story, I just hope they continue that with BH6. What I do find annoying is that the game is being localized by the same buffoons who localized BH5 and REV. They introduced so many plot holes it is staggering, so hopefully the files and such are transcribed in their original Japanese fairly quickly so we can sort through them and identify where they cocked up this time. With REV, they managed to make a completely benevolent organization (Global Pharmaceutical Consortium) become the villains and made the FBC about "wildlife protection". With BH5, they completely butchered Wesker's history and introduced a few plot holes there regarding the rival company.

xtianmarq

I'm not usually a big fan of spoilers (usually try and avoid them)...but my curiosity got the better of me and I finally caved in and read through all of these. I have to say I'm far more excited about the game now than I was before. Sounds like the story is going to be very interesting....can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I'm far more interested in Ada's campaign than the other three. I don't have Xbox Live so I'm REALLY hoping that Ada's campaign won't be DLC. If it is, guess I'll just have to suck it up and get an XBL membership.

Carbonox

My feelings exactly.

Personally, the only thing the game is leaving me wanting is story. Hopefully it'll be good. We've got Ada, the most mysterious aspect of the series (and hopefully her organization and a details of her past, involvement with the rival company, involvement with Wesker etc), and a dark side of the U.S. Government that has been present and hinted at since BH3. I'm hoping Simmons is less like one-off villains such as Saddler and Lansdale and more like Sergei Vladimir. Someone who has been involved behind-the-scenes in past games. For example, it would be seriously awesome if he was one of the U.S. Government officials who sponsored the use of B.O.W.s in warfare and endorsed purchasing them from Umbrella, and it would be even greater if he was one of the "high-ranking military officials" that negotiated with William Birkin in exchange for the G-Virus. So on and so forth.

The series has yet to disappoint me with its story, I just hope they continue that with BH6. What I do find annoying is that the game is being localized by the same buffoons who localized BH5 and REV. They introduced so many plot holes it is staggering, so hopefully the files and such are transcribed in their original Japanese fairly quickly so we can sort through them and identify where they cocked up this time. With REV, they managed to make a completely benevolent organization (Global Pharmaceutical Consortium) become the villains and made the FBC about "wildlife protection". With BH5, they completely butchered Wesker's history and introduced a few plot holes there regarding the rival company.

I do hope they really flesh out Simmons. His entire role in this game is baffling.

1. He's the NSA director
2. He's somehow responsible for a GLOBAL outbreak
3. We know the US government is corrupt but how are they completely oblivious to this guy and his goals?
4. What's his beef with Leon and Helena? Aren't they NSA agents if they communicate with Hunnigan still? Or did Leon move to another department?

No doubt we will get explanations but so far, Simmons coming out of nowhere as arguably the biggest threat to the world is pretty random. Like you said, tying him to previous events in the series would go a long way. I just hope there are really compelling reasons to justify his motives.

My guess is that he probably wants to initiate a global outbreak to help cleanse the world or some nonsense so that America can get a leg up, and could have even been PURPOSEFULLY asked by the US Government as some "black ops"-esque task. He orchestrates the attacks on US soil to make it so that people think an external force is behind the attacks to help solidify the plan. But then what's the deal with launching a missile at China from an aircraft carrier that would clearly be picked up on - I guess - American military systems. They would surely know if one of their own ships would fire anything. Unless it ties in with the idea that this is really a US Government plot all along. Even if it is their plot, surely other governments, especially China and their military, would notice if a parked carrier near their shores fired off a missile, with said tanker belonging to another country.

After Resident Evil 6, we'll probably enter some arc where the government is after the protags and their goal is to fight back as it were. :lol

I'll watch the Comic-Con trailer and then pretty much go on a story spoiler blackout.

News Bot

Banned
Yeah, I'm still unsure how Simmons fits into everything. We know that certain forces in the government have President Benford killed to stop him from revealing the government's involvement in Raccoon City and Umbrella. But beyond that, why would he want or need to cause a global outbreak and kill over 70,000 people? Hopefully he has decent motives, because if it's like Lansdale's "for the greater good/show the threat of bioterrorism by causing it" I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

He's apparently looking for Jake in order to get a cure for the virus he himself developed, which is very similar to Lansdale having t-Abyss developed only to use it in a bioterrorism event and then cure it to seem like the hero. Hopefully that's the only similarity.

This game will already be miles better than Resident Evil 5 on environments alone. Resident Evil 5 had the worst mid-game I've seen and played through in many years. Terrible terrible environments. Whoever though spending the majority of the game in tribal areas, marshlands and ruins was a good idea needs a might slap in the throat. Once you first get on that marshland boat, I fucking die inside. You don't get to experience anything remotely interesting or enjoyable until you reach the Progenitor flowers and beyond. Irrelevant if all these ancient areas were relevant to the story, they were extremely bad. Though Resident Evil 5's pacing was shit as it is.

I have it reversed. The lab was the point i really lost interest in the game.

To be fair about the DLC stuff, this is from an E3 build, which had to have been completed a ways before E3. They also put out that statement before Dragons Dogma came out explaining that for all games going forward, they were going to rethink their DLC policies, and just now at Evo they're bringing out the 12 on disc characters for SFxT months ahead of schedule.

It's possible that even if some stuff (like Ada's campaign) was originally planned as on disc DLC, that it won't be come release.

Sojgat

Going to have to update the OP.

WORST CASE SCENARIO TIME

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but let's do this.

The person who leaked the texture images of all the stages in the first place (Mr. Nightmare) found a list for all planned upcoming DLC for the game. What does it include?

-No Hope (there is no clue in the demo files what this is, but it might be a campaign. The bright side is if it is, it doesn't have any data on the disk it seems and seems to be a future plan)
-Ada's Campaign (ohhhh boy)
-Slayers Mode (ohhh boy x2)
-Siege Mode (ohhhhh boy x3)
-Ustanak Mode (ohhhh boy x4)
-Last Stand Mode (ooohhh boy x5)
-Stages Pack A (this seems to be future additional stages for the Mercenaries and other modes not included on the disk)
-Stages Pack B (this seems to be future additional stages for the Mercenaries and other modes not included on the disk)
-Shop Pack A (no clue)
-Shop Pack B (no clue)
-Shop Pack C (no clue)
-Vs Pack 1 (this seems to be future additional stages for the Mercenaries and other modes not included on the disk, and they may plan more for the future)

I'm going to ask him if possible where the DLC info was stored as I haven't spotted it, though the fact Xbox Live Marketplace is an option on the main menu did worry me.

Now time for the rage.

Typical Cacpcom. Gold super ultra collector's turbo 2nd impact champion edition for me then. I will just hire the game for the weekend when it launches.

Spierek

To be honest, I'm also pretty pumped up about RE6. Even if they decide to split Ada and all the other stuff into 10+ DLC's, Capcom's still giving us 3 separate campaigns, each one about 70-80% of the length of RE5 (if the interviews are to be believed). That's a load of content.

I only hope that Capcom doesn't try to take the "Asura's Wrath route", and that "No Hope" won't turn out to be the "true ending" of the game.

WORST CASE SCENARIO TIME

The person who leaked the texture images of all the stages in the first place (Mr. Nightmare) found a list for all planned upcoming DLC for the game. What does it include?

-No Hope (there is no clue in the demo files what this is, but it might be a campaign. The bright side is if it is, it doesn't have any data on the disk it seems and seems to be a future plan)
-Stages Pack A (this seems to be future additional stages for the Mercenaries and other modes not included on the disk)
-Stages Pack B (this seems to be future additional stages for the Mercenaries and other modes not included on the disk)
-Shop Pack A (no clue)
-Shop Pack B (no clue)
-Shop Pack C (no clue)
-Vs Pack 1 (this seems to be future additional stages for the Mercenaries and other modes not included on the disk, and they may plan more for the future)

I'm going to ask him if possible where the DLC info was stored as I haven't spotted it, though the fact Xbox Live Marketplace is an option on the main menu did worry me.

Now time for the rage.

WHAT
THE
EFF

Cupcam pls

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Shop packs are probably costumes and 1 or 2 additional weapons.

Other than that, if Ada campaign really is DLC, fuck that, Capcom. Waiting for the 20 dollar ultimate edition.

I probably won't :/

News Bot

Banned
I'm not sure why people are thinking about waiting out for an "ultimate edition". The only game this actually happened for was BH5, and that was mainly inspired by the PlayStation Move. The chances of one being released for BH6 are pretty low right now.

If the Ada campaign does end up being dlc (I somehow think it won't) then I will just cry bitter tears and hate myself as I buy it.

Jacob4815

With BH5, they completely butchered Wesker's history and introduced a few plot holes there regarding the rival company.

I didn't know about the wrong localization of BH5..I'm a big fan of the saga, so now I'm very curious...
Can you explain further in detail? Thanks!! :)

Carbonox

No, I want him to be literally Wesker'd.

I want the spirit of Wesker to take over his body, and for D.C Douglas to start hamming it up. There's still a world that needs saturating.

This. Wesker's blood kicks in within Jake and resurrects Albert within his mind. Jake goes batshit crazy as Wesker tries to wrestle him for control. Will be the Ocelot/Liquid scenario all over again.

Not even Capcom would be this crazy though. Right? Right...?

News Bot

Banned
I didn't know about the wrong localization of BH5..I'm a big fan of the saga, so now I'm very curious...
Can you explain further in detail? Thanks!! :)

Better to just show them.

RESIDENT EVIL 5 said:
Wesker had already obtained samples of various organisms and viruses including the T-Virus, the G-virus, the T-Veronica virus, and Las Plagas. All of these were eagerly and enthusiastically received by Umbrella’s former rival companies who compensated him greatly for each. With wealth, power, and glory, Wesker appeared to have everything a person could ever want.

BIOHAZARD 5 said:
Until now, Wesker had obtained many viruses and organisms, including the t-Virus, G-Virus, t-Veronica and the Plaga.
Armed with these, he rose within the rival company of Umbrella and obtained status, wealth and honor.
Materially, he was contented.

Localization says there are several rival companies of Umbrella (series established in CODE:Veronica that there is only one and the series as a whole established that Wesker was employed by them) and ignores the part about him rising in it. Basically, the localization says that he is some lone wolf selling viruses to people. Contradicts BHCV and BH4.

RESIDENT EVIL 5 said:
After the incident at the Spencer estate, he went underground and used the news of his death to veil his activities. He had achieved his goal of obtaining the virus and capital he needed from his position at Umbrella.
Next he put all his efforts into bringing his Uroboros Plan to fruition, and thereby setting himself up as a god over the new generation of humanity.

BIOHAZARD 5 said:
Wesker, who survived that place, took funds, research results and viruses using a position he gained in a certain pharmaceutical company, and crept underground again.
To carry out the veritable "Uroboros Project", he began to ascend the steps to becoming a next-generation God.

The localization assumed "a certain pharmaceutical company" was Umbrella. In reality, it is referring to TRICELL.

That's the tip of the iceberg. The localization in the series is simply atrocious, affecting both the dialogue and the actual story. Most of the "plot holes" in the series are due to shoddy localization effort, or sheer lack of it. It's been 16 years and not one game in the series has received a respectable, accurate localization. I think BH4 was the closest? But the Mobile Edition of that game has a better translation.

Hey Newsbot, are there any full re-translated Biohazard scripts anywhere on the web? Would be really interesting to spot all the changes in these games.

Jacob4815

Thanks, very interesting...

Localization says there are several rival companies of Umbrella (series established in CODE:Veronica that there is only one and the series as a whole established that Wesker was employed by them) .

So the only one is Tricell or this refers to an unidentified third company?

And I'm so confused about the "Organization" for which Ada works...
Ok, in RE2 she worked for this "only rival of Umbrella", but in RE4?

News Bot

Banned
Hey Newsbot, are there any full re-translated Biohazard scripts anywhere on the web? Would be really interesting to spot all the changes in these games.

Not yet, once we have access to the scripts in text-form we'll probably be translating them, though. So far we only have the full BH4 script.

Thanks, very interesting...

So the only one is Tricell or this refers to an unidentified third company?

And I'm so confused about the "Organization" for which Ada works...
Ok, in RE2 she worked for this "only rival of Umbrella", but in RE4?

Refers to an unidentified company, laughably referred to officially as "The 3rd Organization" (because it is the third organization involved in BH4, the other two being the Los Illuminados and U.S. Government). The rival company is a mysterious organization which Wesker joined in 1998. Supposedly, he took control over it and established his own secret organization (details are fuzzy on this aspect). He depleted his organization's resources in his search for Spencer. He then moved to TRICELL, who he first approached in 2003 for some reason or other.

In BH2, Ada worked for the rival company. In BH4, she works for Wesker's organization, but was secretly working for another unknown organization that has yet to be revealed. BH6 should shed some light on it... after seven years.

WORST CASE SCENARIO TIME

-Shop Pack A (no clue)
-Shop Pack B (no clue)
-Shop Pack C (no clue)

Now time for the rage.

well if this is true will wait till sale/goty edition

braves01

Banned
Lol, Capcom should be paying DuskGolem for keeping people (including me) excited about this after the demo.

Now if NA gets that Ivy University/Tall Oaks hoodie, my money is as good as spent.

Vamphuntr

I'm not sure why people are thinking about waiting out for an "ultimate edition". The only game this actually happened for was BH5, and that was mainly inspired by the PlayStation Move. The chances of one being released for BH6 are pretty low right now.

Why do you think so? Many companies actually release complete version of their games with all the DLC included 1-2 years later. Batman GOTY, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate, Oblivion Complete, Borderlands GOTY are just some examples. Moreover, Capcom loves to rerelease games or port them so it is bound to end up in some complete pack at some point one one platform or another Capcom even does it with some of their fighting games too.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Resident Evil 6 at least shakes it up with many dark and creepy night-time environments, city areas, and more interesting military-themed places to shootbang in. Though that's par for course in Resident Evil games and their final areas. The diversity in the places you visit really excites me. Shit, the fact that you get to play during the night-time for many environments is another one-up on Resident Evil 5. You only experience the darkness fully...well...never, aside from the tanker. Even then that never worked because the environment was a fricking tanker. Cutting out the village at night section seen in early RE5 trailers was criminal.

Qf-fuckin-t. I put re5 in again today to play it and just couldn't keep going at chapter 3. I don't even really like the mines. 1, part of 2, and then 5 and 6 are the only tolerable parts of that game. 3 is atrocious. And on ps3 it's even hideously ugly.

This looks great.

ZeroCDR

RE gets enhanced re-releases or ports all the time, since the very first game. I'm probably waiting for the Wii U version myself, if that doesn't show up there will still be a better version I can buy than what's coming out in October, for sure.

edit: although it's been forever since I've played the game. I lost my copy a year or two ago. I've replayed RE4 4-5 times but I played RE5 once and then watched a friend play through it.

Really? I thought chapter 3 is when things finally got interesting. The first two chapters was seeing how many times they could re-enact the village scene and Chapter 2 from RE4. You just mind numbingly run through and shoot everything with different variations of Chainsaw man(executioner, sumo majini, whatever else, etc.) chasing you down. Not too mention that awful El Gigante fight. There were a few good moments like the Uroborous fight but the first two chapters got old really fast. Chapter 3 is when the game finally let up a little, let you explore and use your brain. The factory was pretty fun as well. Chapter 4 wasn't all that bad either although it was a bit too Indiana Jones. Chapter 5 was the only brilliant moment I felt in the game though. Chapter 6 quickly shit on it though.

edit: It's been a while since I've played RE5 because I lost it a year or two ago. So I may be remembering wrong but I don't think so. Chapter 2-3 is the absolute low point of the game so that may be why I feel Ch 3 is such an improvement.

Lucent

Yeah that El Gigante fight was bad. You really think it'd sit there and let you shoot at it while not moving around? It just walked around and grabbed poles. It could've just flipped over the Jeep if it wanted to. Crush the crap out of Chris and Sheva while they're sitting there. lol.

WORST CASE SCENARIO TIME

-Shop Pack A (no clue)
-Shop Pack B (no clue)
-Shop Pack C (no clue)

Now time for the rage.

iboYXMSutouqHJ.gif

To be fair about the DLC stuff, this is from an E3 build, which had to have been completed a ways before E3. They also put out that statement before Dragons Dogma came out explaining that for all games going forward, they were going to rethink their DLC policies, and just now at Evo they're bringing out the 12 on disc characters for SFxT months ahead of schedule.

It's possible that even if some stuff (like Ada's campaign) was originally planned as on disc DLC, that it won't be come release.

Let me ask you a question. Are they still going to charge for the SFxT characters? If the answer is yes then we have no hope for RE6.

Better to just show them.

Localization says there are several rival companies of Umbrella (series established in CODE:Veronica that there is only one and the series as a whole established that Wesker was employed by them) and ignores the part about him rising in it. Basically, the localization says that he is some lone wolf selling viruses to people. Contradicts BHCV and BH4.

The localization assumed "a certain pharmaceutical company" was Umbrella. In reality, it is referring to TRICELL.

That's the tip of the iceberg. The localization in the series is simply atrocious, affecting both the dialogue and the actual story. Most of the "plot holes" in the series are due to shoddy localization effort, or sheer lack of it. It's been 16 years and not one game in the series has received a respectable, accurate localization. I think BH4 was the closest? But the Mobile Edition of that game has a better translation.

Where can I find the localized BH4 script? THIA or something?

Lucent

That gif should become a running joke for whenever Capcom screws up somewhere. lol. Okay so...enough being off topic I guess. XD

I'm so eager for more info and stuff even though I don't want any more of the story spoiled or anything. But isn't there another trailer or something that's supposed to come from Comic-con? If so, I might have to watch it...I don't think I can resist it...

Jawmuncher

While I loved RE5, I'll agree the midgame areas were crap.
The whole tribal shit, and temples were the dumbest areas I've ever expierenced in a game. That part of the game IMO is what I consider the worse part about it.

However like I said as a whole I still absolutely love RE5.

As for RE6, I'm really hoping the mercenaries and MP modes take a page from Mercenaries Reunion and Mercenaries 3D. In that it incorporates characters across the franchise rather than just those in the game. Which now that I think about it was another thing RE5 ruined. We have this awesome Mercs mode but you really only have a few characters plus a SHIT TON of costumes for them that all suck.

Every character should have 1 cosutmed alt and that's it.
Not to mention a costume shouldn't count for a whole new loadout.

News Bot

Banned
Where can I find the localized BH4 script? THIA or something?

http://ghiaccio.sakura.ne.jp/biohazard4_script.html

Original text and official translation.

To be fair, the original text is atrocious due to Mikami's less than stellar writing ability. The localization in BH4 actually improved it in a lot of places without contradicting too much, mainly due to there not being much of a story to begin with. One thing I found really amusing about the original dialogue is Ada's attitude to Leon. She brushes him off each time they encounter each other with "See you.", even when Leon is mid-question.

LuuKyK

So Ada's campaign is confirmed to be DLC? :(

Of course CAPCPOM would do that. Ugh. Hopefully they change their minds...

lol

The jeep seems to have two sections in the game if I'm reading the 'scenes' right, and the harrier seems to be able to shoot flares and do barrel rolls. The only reason I would find Chris driving a harrier 'old-school' for Resident Evil is because Chris was supposed to be a pilot before he joined S.T.A.R.S. according to RE1.
Chris flew a Harrier in Code Veronica.
resident_evil_code_veronica_gc_palmasoft_13.jpg

even as a huge defender of this game I will not buy it if it doesn't either heavily discuss Jill or have her in multiplayer.

Top Bottom