• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toki Tori 2 [Wii U eShop] March release + video preview

Weng

From nothing to play to "Holy crap when im i supposed to play all that?" in March, lol! Lego City, MH and NFS in March, Now Toki Tori 2 aswell

Thanks to the delay in december they upgraded the game to 60fps. So its 1080p60 now. SWEET

One of the devs (NNID: ColloU) said on Miiverse it's 720p @ 60FPS. It's an answer to his post in the Zelda Community.

bede-x

Well, it'll be on Steam aswell and I think they even hinted a 3DS version so I don't get the "limit to one platform"

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I know there's a Steam version and applaud it. What I didn't get, was the argument that simple games should be limited to one type of platform(tablets/phones).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It's been fun watching this take shape through the various Steam builds. I liked the first one, and this one looks much more impressive. Definitely will pick it up at some point.

Okay, i spoke to TwoTribes via Twitter (See their recent Twitter entries)

Toki Tori 2 WAS 1080p30 but is now 720p60.

It is now 720p60 because they added: "dynamic fog, five depth of field background layers, foreground blur, dynamic water / lava, soft shadows and such."

And they dropped this:

"there are no polygon edges in Toki 2, so everything is super anti-aliased due to texture filtering."

That way using 720p60 instead of 1080p30 is more than justified.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wish Toki Tori 2 had made its December release when the Wii U reeeeeaaally needed something, but I'm glad it's getting a high level of polish. I just hope it's not being sent to the slaughter with so many high profile March releases coming out.

Awfully simple game

They should put it on adroid or ios where it belongs

Now that's thread shitting if I've ever seen it.

Okay, i spoke to TwoTribes via Twitter (See their recent Twitter entries)

Toki Tori 2 WAS 1080p30 but is now 720p60.

It is now 720p60 because they added: "dynamic fog, five depth of field background layers, foreground blur, dynamic water / lava, soft shadows and such."

And they dropped this:

"there are no polygon edges in Toki 2, so everything is super anti-aliased due to texture filtering."

That way using 720p60 instead of 1080p30 is more than justified.

New thread? Could be very telling what Wii U is capable of depending on resolution.

New thread? Could be very telling what Wii U is capable of depending on resolution.

Is it worth a new thread? You can make one if you like. If you dom, make sure you use appropriate twitter image proof and not just a quote of my post ;)

And not sure it says too much about the capabilities of Wii U though.

Schnozberry

Is it worth a new thread? You can make one if you like. If you dom, make sure you use appropriate twitter image proof and not just a quote of my post ;)

And not sure it says too much about the capabilities of Wii U though.

1080p would be nice, but I think most would prefer the higher frame rate and better effects. Especially if you are sitting at couch distance from your TV.

1080p would be nice, but I think most would prefer the higher frame rate and better effects. Especially if you are sitting at couch distance from your TV.

I thought they just made it 720p to get 60fps, but they did it because they have way more going on. And may even add more if i read that ome tweet right.

As i said, its now totally justified and really no reason to moan! 60fps as the only reason for 720p would have been a little disappointing though :p

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Given how poorly Wii U sales have turned out so far, I have to wonder if Two Tribes is second-guessing their decision to prioritize the eShop version over the PC version.

Hope it works out well for them.

Given how poorly Wii U sales have turned out so far, I have to wonder if Two Tribes is second-guessing their decision to prioritize the eShop version over the PC version.

Hope it works out well for them.

eShop on Wii U however is very successful.

Trine 2 devs are happy with eShop sales. They were not happy with 360 sales. A dev from Frozenbyte said this on GAF... (JoelFB IIRC)

Top Bottom