• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghost Multiplayer leaked (fake)

Sethos

Banned
Why doesn't this development build running on a current-generation console look like next-gen!??!?!?!?! OUTRAGE!

Really though, haven't every single Call of Duty 'leaked' months before release? Always remember some dude having access to a test build way early. Probably just part of their hype campaign.

SJRB

Gold Member
Draw distance on that ingame pic is atrocious though, look at that fence on the right side. OR de the level of detail on the floor.

Keasar

My professional analysis have concluded that's a gun and that it will be used to shoot at other people for the purpose of scoring.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Horrible. Bunch of slideshows and a static in-game screen. I don't doubt the leak since a YouTube user had earlier leaked the name and details months before Activision announced it, but it's such a shitty way of showing it.

clemso

Neo Member
Why doesn't this development build running on a current-generation console look like next-gen!??!?!?!?! OUTRAGE!

Really though, haven't every single Call of Duty 'leaked' months before release? Always remember some dude having access to a test build way early.

This. Why would it look like Nextgen on PS3? I kinda feel like Activision is intentionally leaking this stuff to keep up the hype (not saying this leak was). Guys like TMARTN always seem to get some kind of leaked info with screenshots etc. , a few weeks before new DLC comes out.

In the end it will be the same CoD it has always been, with better graphics, a few new guns and gameplay changes here and there etc. And dogs.

All the assets used have been shown in trailers and videos, with the exception of the in-game screenshot. So like the campaign icon is the silhouette from the trailer, as if the multiplayer icon, that looks like the view of the city from a-top the skyscraper.

The menus look bad. Beta or no beta, they just look too amateury. So I reckon they made a fake menu to bulk up the probable real in-game screenshot.

Sethos

Banned
Those don't tend to happen till later in the year anyway. If past history is anything to go by.

Thought so, a "Beta test" doesn't make sense to me and the fact that someone always gets a hold of an internal build from CoD also puzzles me. I'm honestly starting to think it's part of their marketing in some weird way -- This stuff always gets news posts, forum threads and attention plus get the CoD fans riled up without it actually reflecting poorly on Activision / IW / Treyarch. Plus it's always just off-screen stuff or something that isn't exactly mind-blowing, never any spoilers or sensitive material ... Just some game shots

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Odahviing

Banned
The main menu looks like MW2's and MW3's.

Funny because all they did is changed the background into CoD: Ghosts

I found this in the dark net.....lol nope, it was posted on battlelog. If fake then okay if not then hahahahaha

OK - it is fake.

I just re-watched the trailer.

The in-game screenshot is from here.

aR7UoUY.jpg

Now if you actually look at the in-game screenshot, look at the left. That's an elbow, forearm and the start of a hand...

But his hand is holding the gun...

9V9vMrj.jpg

how does this things get leaked? stolen from devs?

To get a build running especially on ps3... must have a test kit . Doubt there's any burned build running on a retail ps3 right now. Seeing as the ps3 is running on french, i'd check to see if there's an activision q&a studio in a french speaking area. ;)

~~Hasan~~

this video looks fishy to me lool. why he made a slide show video ? i mean he could have proved it with an actual video of the menu and the stage >_> but then again, i don't remember this level in any COD game

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
OK - it is fake.

aR7UoUY.jpg

Now if you actually look at the in-game screenshot, look at the left. That's an elbow, forearm and the start of a hand...

9V9vMrj.jpg

And we are done here.

Odahviing

Banned
It's fake, lol.

I like this community! I freaked out when I saw those pics and you guys did a great job declearing it as fake. Thanks!

That's an awesome combo, slightly sombre beautiful music coupled with action footage is fantastic.

I don't know, maybe I've been desensitised to huge action set pieces after seeing so many. It just kind of seems like one big blur now; I personally prefer VO-free trailers with more focused imagery like the Dead Island trailer (although we all know how that turned out in the end). Although I guess that's never really going to be COD's style.

Sethos

Banned
I don't know, maybe I've been desensitised to huge action set pieces after seeing so many. It just kind of seems like one big blur now; I personally prefer VO-free trailers with more focused imagery like the Dead Island trailer (although we all know how that turned out in the end). Although I guess that's never really going to be COD's style.

Well the style of the trailer isn't exactly going to make people come together in hugs and full agreement but personally, I loved the style. VO was very well done and the music was perfect. One of the best Call of Duty trailers in my opinion.

gogogow

multiplayer game "footage"? It's a video of some off-screen screenshots, lol.

And what game did they use for the fake "in-game screenshot"?

This one:
aR7UoUY.jpg

AngryBird

Banned
OK - it is fake.

aR7UoUY.jpg

9V9vMrj.jpg

Lol... gaf man... GAF!!

gogogow

Sorry, haven't been to bed in 36 hours. Yes it's from a CoD Ghosts.

See 2:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cF4Bk4HEg0

It is from the Ghosts behind the scenes trailer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B00xKmtyfaY#t=2m

The faker flipped it and added an extra gun from somewhere. No idea where, I don't recognise it but I don't play many shooters.

Ah okay, thanks. I watched that video when it was released, but I totally couldn't remember that scene at all.

One of the best Call of Duty trailers in my opinion.

Definitely agree with that though. Btw, can someone start a thread about the best trailers of the generation? It would be interesting to have a little retrospective thread where everyone posts their favourites seeing as there's probably going to be heaps of next gen trailers at e3. I would do so myself but I'm still waiting on my account to be activated.

Top Bottom