• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue and White (GBA) rated for Wii U eShop!

Boogiepop

I've played Battle Network 2-6 and 2 is my favorite.

Really, which ever one you play first will probably end up being your favorite. Each game has more and more end-game content so I would say the later sequels are probably the best for your buck.

I played from the start, but 3 is still my favorite. And 3 has by far the most/best post-game content. In fact, I recall being super disappointed with 5 in that regard IIRC, and of course the "post-game" in 4 mostly comes from being forced through the game a ton of times to experience all the content.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Oh so it's just the extra boss? I thought it was more than that. What are the game exclusive styles?

White has Ground Style, which allows the player to set the default panel types. Also, charge shots break panels.

Blue has Shadow Style; Shadow's programs let MegaMan ignore panel effects and apparently the charge shot is Invis.

Sounds lopsided to me.

TreIII

Yes, please.

The Battle Network series came into being two handheld generations early. It was absolutely BUILT for the communications features of the 3DS. Please,please revive .EXE.

I don't even care if they just plain throw out BN6 and continue from there, since the series had a fairly definite "end."

I don't think you have to throw it out. Just continue onward from where MMBN6's ending left off with Netto/Lan growing up after 20+ years, marrying his longtime girlfriend and having a son who was poised to take over where he left off, along with his own Navi of "Rockman Junior". And then we can do pretty much the same things over again, only this time with most of the "classic cast" grown up, having kids of their own and etc. Have some new nefarious net-terrorist cell arise from the ashes of WWW to cause trouble. Have a few more "MMX-isms" in the mix for fanservice appeal. (As if Zero, Colonel and Iris weren't already a sign that things could go that way.) It doesn't have to be difficult~!

The thing that would make that angle work so well, in my opinion, is that you'd be able to create a world that marched with the procession of technology in a believable manner to our current frame of reference, much like MMBN did for the 2000s. The last EXE game came out nearly ten years ago. A lot has changed since then, and I'd like to see just how much that world changed too (forgetting Ryuusei/StarForce exists, at least).

Kensuke

It would be even more awesome if they did a collection for 3DS and Vita. But I'll take what I can get. Great memories with this games. The post game content was brutal, it really showed how advanced the battle system could become.

I only played 1-3. How were the latter games?

Berordn

I only played 1-3. How were the latter games?

They're all playable and there's some level of enjoyment you can suck out of all of them, but...

4 was pretty bad, and fully embraced the Pokemonization of the franchise.
5 was meh, but not terrible. If you only want to play one, pick Colonel. The main draw with tactics style missions end up falling really short, though.
6 was actually really good and was mostly considered a disappointment due to the annualization of the franchise at that point. New mechanics, new features, and the split versions actually had a significant impact on gameplay. Definitely worth it.

wwm0nkey

I don't think you have to throw it out. Just continue onward from where MMBN6's ending left off with Netto/Lan growing up after 20+ years, marrying his longtime girlfriend and having a son who was poised to take over where he left off, along with his own Navi of "Rockman Junior". And then we can do pretty much the same things over again, only this time with most of the "classic cast" grown up, having kids of their own and etc. Have some new nefarious net-terrorist cell arise from the ashes of WWW to cause trouble. Have a few more "MMX-isms" in the mix for fanservice appeal. (As if Zero, Colonel and Iris weren't already a sign that things could go that way.) It doesn't have to be difficult~!

The thing that would make that angle work so well, in my opinion, is that you'd be able to create a world that marched with the procession of technology in a believable manner to our current frame of reference, much like MMBN did for the 2000s. The last EXE game came out nearly ten years ago. A lot has changed since then, and I'd like to see just how much that world changed too (forgetting Ryuusei/StarForce exists, at least).
I want this to happen

Also I just ignore StarForce.

There was the crossover with StarForce on DS in JP.

Layell

There was a banner saying we'd hear about a Megaman classic game update on the Wii U Shop, or something to that degree for May 1st. Can't remember full details, was on bottom of the page.

Would not surprise me if this was it.

I actually am playing through Team Colonel right now for the second time, and I'm really enjoying these liberation missions. It changes up the field quite radically, and I like the pressure that the time limit adds, as well as playing as all of your allied navies. I'll probably buy every battle network game that comes out on the eshop, as I really enjoyed every one of them.

Arozay

3 was the last entry I played. I liked the series, but the version split shit just kinda killed my hype.

Deap92x

Banned
Damn! I would be interested in getting it but first Nimtendo needs an account system that is not linked to the console.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
ssb_mega_man_final_smash_gif_by_kiradaidohji-d7dpvau.gif

Damn! I would be interested in getting it but first Nimtendo needs an account system that is not linked to the console.

Why are you concerned about that? if you get a lot of digital games on Wii U or 3DS or whatever, just don't get rid of them. Plus if they ever get lost, call Nintendo, having a Club Nintendo account helps and if it was stolen you may need to file a Police Report.

People just seem so firm in this stance of not buying any digital games due to this lack of an account system that's not linked to the console. Can't people just make due with what we have? You're missing so many great VC and Indie games doing this.

Why are you concerned about that? if you get a lot of digital games on Wii U or 3DS or whatever, just don't get rid of them. Plus if they ever get lost, call Nintendo, having a Club Nintendo account helps and if it was stolen you may need to file a Police Report.

People just seem so firm in this stance of not buying any digital games due to this lack of an account system that's not linked to the console. Can't people just make due with what we have? You're missing so many great VC and Indie games doing this.

I don't blame people on bit for being careful. Its incredibly irresponsible to have a DD system in place and not offer a proper account system for your customer. The inclusion of one just saves so much headache and would make buying DD rather than retail a no-brainer.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fuck that, GBA games should be on the 3DS as well. Shit makes no sense.

All my Club Nintendo feedback down the drain ;_;

Abdiel

These sort of things are the only reason I'd buy a Wii U. I still *have* a gameboy advance, but it's nice to have all the stuff centralized. Though I'm still extremely hesitant to even consider it until they have a unified account structure. I bought Fire Emblem Awakening for a 3DS digitally, and that's effectively gone, since my best friend's ex has it and moved away, and there's nothing I can really do about it. Poof.

I wonder if they'll allow you to battle using the TV screen and the gamepad screen as seperate devices.

Would buy Pro controller just for that.

I played one of them as a kid and my brother got the other. Shit was hard, never finished it. Good to see third party finally dropping some GBA titles though.

Jachaos

Favourite GBA game. Wish there were online Netbattles, or any Netbattles at all. Always fun playing against friends. The single-player even on itself still stands as my favourite GBA game though.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'll head to the store tomorrow and buy as many games as I can get with $20 for all those Club Nintendo forms. We'll get this mess taken care of.

Colby

I just beat 3, so I'll pass. But I'll pay full price for a new Battle Network or similar game. I'll help Kickstart it, I'll dance to the amusement of millions on Youtube, I'll eat a thimble of ear wax...just make it, is what I'm saying.

Mendoza

For anyone interested in the series, skip the first Battle Network and go to BN2. So much better.

What's sad is that there is not gonna be multiplayer. Multiplayer is sooooo goooood.

Sciz

I'm still impressed by how quickly Capcom managed to build this series up and burn it out. Amazing games though (mostly), and if BN3 is the only one that makes it back out, they chose well.

Top Bottom