• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Fh8vh.jpg

Acid08

Banned
sharkmuncher said:
sN6XC.png

I think I'm getting close to what I want. Still not completely happy with LP. I really like the minimal dock set-up, but it doesn't seem quite as stable as ADW.
Tell me everything I need to know to get my phone to look like this :O

Circle T

hermit7 said:
What is the clock widget there?
It's called BobClockD3....

https://market.android.com/details?id=bob.clock

I've tried using it a bit, but have to constantly remove it. It just stops updating for the correct time. YMMV, obviously, as it seems a lot of people like it. But for me, when I place the widget, it would only work and update properly for a couple hours. After that it would just stick and never update with the correct time. It's free though, so might as well give it a shot.

Circle T said:
It's called BobClockD3....

https://market.android.com/details?id=bob.clock

I've tried using it a bit, but have to constantly remove it. It just stops updating for the correct time. YMMV, obviously, as it seems a lot of people like it. But for me, when I place the widget, it would only work and update properly for a couple hours. After that it would just stick and never update with the correct time. It's free though, so might as well give it a shot.
Same happened to me actually. Killed the widget after that. :/

Circle T

RJNavarrete said:
Same happened to me actually. Killed the widget after that. :/
Glad it wasn't just me then. I tried using it off an on from back when it was in beta form on XDA, all the way up through the Market release. Even through all the updates, for some reason it would just do the same thing, and stop working. Oh well.

Circle T

It was time for a change, so here is my new, current setup. I went a little more clean and simplistic this time. I got the idea from the WidgetLocker theme thread at XDA when I saw the "Daft Punk" slider. Found the wallpapers and tweaked them to fit my needs. Links provided to everything used....

Samsung Captivate, Gingerbread 2.3.3 (GR-12)
ADW Launcher EX - Hidden Dock and Status bar (swipe down = Status, swipe up = Dock)

Main Screen
Fancy Widget Pro - Small Home Clock (Oscilloscope skin)
Simi Clock Pro - Battery widget

Left Screen
Amazon MP3
AiX Weather - Weather graph
Beautiful Widgets - 4x1 Weather Forecast (Tick skin)

Lock Screen
Widget Locker
Fancy Widget Pro - Small Home Clock (Oscilloscope skin)
Simi Clock Pro - Battery widget
Custom "Daft Punk" slider unlock (Swipe the logo right to unlock)

Main Screen (Menus hidden and shown)
Ms2Iu.png
S4iVt.png

Left Screen and Lock Screen
k56rM.png
1uLOJ.png

Phone Wallpapers Used
Main Screen
wRPy8.png

Lock Screen
ZvM7J.png

Original Wallpapers
Wallpaper Black (Duo)
http://i.imgur.com/c8McE.jpg

Wallpaper Blue
http://i.imgur.com/bXRQv.jpg

Wallpaper Red
http://i.imgur.com/ncrq4.png

Lucius86

Banned
Just received my Galaxy S2 - I am almost done with it but I still am not 100% happy with my lock screen.

I want 3 icons that displays how many new emails, calls & SMS I have. I don't want these icons to be pressed to get me there - I just want it displayed on my lockscreen, preferably with the LauncherPro icon set.

Am I being dumb in not knowing how to do this?

seb

Banned
You can't do that with the default lock screen as far as I know. Widget Locker is the way to go but I don't know if it works with the galaxy S II (because of TouchWiz).
Edit: Simply Lockscreen does the job too for free. Testing it right now, a lot of options and it looks good.

Lucius86

Banned
seb said:
You can't do that with the default lock screen as far as I know. Widget Locker is the way to go but I don't know if it works with the galaxy S II (because of TouchWiz).
Edit: Simply Lockscreen does the job too for free. Testing it right now, a lot of options and it looks good.

Sorry, I should have said - I have widget locker :p

snacknuts

we all knew her
seb said:

Do you know if this program plays nice with Launcher Pro? That problem is why I stopped using Widget Locker.

Kccitystar

I just purchased an Samsung Epic 4G yesterday, and while I've been using the Google Reader widget for my RSS feeds, I'm looking for one similar to what I saw in this thread, where there are several feeds on one home screen from different sites.

Anyone know which widget is that and where I can download it?

Circle T

Battersea Power Station said:
Damn, you guys really value being updated on the weather, huh?
I'm a golfer, so keeping tabs on what the weather is doing, or going to be doing, helps me plan my time out on the course.

Lucius86

Banned
Looks like I found an answer to my probs - download from the app store 'SMS Unread Count'.

It's a widget you add to the lockscreen. You can customise the icon to any you have downloaded, and when you add it to the screen, long hold it, let go, and then a finger icon turns up in the corner of the area, which toggles if pressing it makes any difference on the lock screen.

Hope this helps someone - just need to find my icons now!

Ill Saint

Anyone have any clue why downloaded skins won't apply on Beautiful Widgets? Tried uninstalling, re-installing, removing all skins, rebooting phone etc. etc. but nothing works. I can only use the default skins.

Ill Saint

Ill Saint said:
Anyone have any clue why downloaded skins won't apply on Beautiful Widgets? Tried uninstalling, re-installing, removing all skins, rebooting phone etc. etc. but nothing works. I can only use the default skins.
Problem happens when using Google weather as opposed to AccuWeather in the widget settings.

Broseybrose

Ok, after enjoying the stock touchwiz of Froyo for two months, I've finally begun the dig into customizing my T-Mo SGS. Downloaded Launcher Pro and Battery Circle and paid for Beautiful Widgets. Right now I'm having trouble finding a nice folder icon to replace all the folders on my home page. Any tips? I don't use a lock screen and I don't want to root it.

Home screen. Need a great folder icon to replace these.
5766885907_85c126a910_b_d.jpg
5767427734_defb4b4f35_b_d.jpg

Flipping screens in Launcher Pro.
5767427804_566b7ce697_b_d.jpg
5767427766_485039ff27_b_d.jpg

womp said:
My latest, but still tweaking...

Droid X with the just released rooted Gingerbread OTA.

bAtlW.png
Where can I get that Rom? I haven't had any luck rooting/flashing my X, but I haven't been looking very hard. Tired of 2.2.1

Samsung Galaxy S
Launcher: GO Launcher EX.
Widgets: SwitchPro, AdvancedClock, Desktop Visualizer, Beautiful Widgets

Been using CyanogenMod7. It's pretty awesome.

M8KD4.png
5grWl.png

8LOKc.png
FpdmS.png

Broseybrose

Did a little reorganizing on my SGS with Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets. Im still not satisfied with my background.

Page 2 is Home page. I'm still loving the cube scrolling of Launcher Pro.

5774524082_cd40b72dfb_b_d.jpg
5767427804_566b7ce697_b_d.jpg

vani77a

Neo Member
my x10 mini pro
(coz my moto milestone is on its death bed)

snap20110530_170807.jpg

snap20110530_170547.jpg

snap20110530_170609.jpg

using Simi Folder as my app drawer replacement. The app drawer on the x10 mini pro sucks.
Widget Locker is awesome.

Circle T

ADW EX Launcher
BobClock
SimiClock - Battery
AiX Weather - Weather Grid
Beautiful Widgets - 4x1 Weather
Google Music Beta
Fancy Widgets - Miui Clock skin
Minimalistic Text

BSahi.png
z6SGC.png