• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

amar212

Are they a one time prize only (like in GT5) or you can win that car over and over again (like in GT3)?

Also:

I actually haven't tried to win any race (cup/championship) twice, but I think they are one-time-prize only.

Unlike many other GT games before, prize-cars are not given for every "bunch" of events you win (you will not get a prize car if you win Sunday Cup for instance, but you will once you win all the races in the group of events), but are based on completion of a particular group of events within class and/or winning some "milestones".

The game does not throw cars at you as GT5 did (you only get one car for passing the Licenses and you have to get all golds to get a prize car - as in GT1, GT2, GT3 games for example).

amar212

So is the colour of the HUD an option in the menus somewhere?

Yes, you can access it anytime from the pause menu and choose any of 6 colors (white, red, blue, yellow, champagne, green IIRC) for both dials and borders (works for the bumper view only I think).

Have no effect on cockpit-view HUD. And still no option to dim the HUD (for us poor plasma owners) or to toggle the HUD with simple button-prompt in real-time (without the need to go to pause and then disable HUD).

JamboGT

I would like to have two options for that then, day and night colours, but its good to have some variety.

Once our new game is out I will have to get some opinions on the HUD I designed :/

Oooo
Missions are back, Mission 34 was how I started posting on GTPlanet haha

Emwitus

Career mode in GT has been dull since GT2. Unimaginative as fuck. You want an example of how to do a great single player campaign? See TOCA race driver 2 PSP. They clearly have no idea how to make the damn thing interesting. They're also all over the place with the licenses: Mandatory for Prologue(Online), Not mandatory for GT5, Mandatory for GT6. WRC License? Nada. Nascar License? Nada. Same old formula, start with a shit car, work your way up to a decent one and grind your way to the exotics.

Function>form every time. Ever notice how quick it is to hop into a COD game? An intro that can be skipped with the press of a button, and BAM you're at the main menu. Why does it take me 20+ seconds to purchase a car? Why should I have to sit through the stupid animation EVERY single time I purchase a new car? Why isn't there an option to turn these things off? Why can't I purchase multiple cars at once a la shopping cart style?

Why is it that the only distance related info I get when racing is the time between myself and the 1st place car/driver? If I'm in 10th, how does that help me? Why am I able to draft from a mile away? Why is there no need to modulate the throttle on launch? Does PD own 49% of Dyson?

Nah, none of the above matters. You know what matters? Racing suits, helmets, paint chips, B-Spec Bobs and moon driving. At this rate we'll probably be piloting nuclear subs in GT7 before any of the above issues are sorted out. I've been playing GT since I was 11 back in '98. I love the series to death, but lets not act like PD is without flaws.
Show me anything as good as special events before special events happened in gt5? This western influence shit is stupid

1.01 menu (the day 1 update)

i1zi0aabzxbvuu7d82.jpg

Is the patch out or this is just from their website?

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
Show me anything as good as special events before special events happened in gt5? This western influence shit is stupid

But hey they can learn a thing or two from some of the brilliant racing devs from the west. GT is fine as it is but for the series to move forward they've gotta make some adjustment and additions to the series. Well thankfully we're seeing some babysteps like a more streamlined career mode, easier license tests, progress seems easier this time, etc. What I really want to see is more improvements on the car dynamics, racing rules and of course the sounds. I'd love GT to be the real racing simulator too!

Emwitus

But hey they can learn a thing or two from some of the brilliant racing devs from the west. GT is fine as it is but for the series to move forward they've gotta make some adjustment and additions to the series. Well thankfully we're seeing some babysteps like a more streamlined career mode, easier license tests, progress seems easier this time, etc. What I really want to see is more improvements on the car dynamics, racing rules and of course the sounds. I'd love GT to be the real racing simulator too!
Agreed on all points . they could improve things. Like stream line the ui and imo scrap the career mode and expand special events to the whole career. But I hate this opinion that western developers are the be it all. Its not like there racing games have done anything ground breaking its actually polyphony that seems to be thinking outside the box most times and giving it's fans as much content as they possibly can for every outing. I mean how much free content and support did gt5 get? While western developers pump out game after game abandonding there customers each series.

JamboGT

BakHf13IYAAN2u5.jpg:large

From GTPlanet, currently at the Ascari Track.

It must be going in the game at some point given this and the press release?

I will give you my favorite example from GT5 - Seasonal Events. First few Seasonal Events (from December 2010) were magnificent. They were GODLY. They had strict restrictions in all fields (PP, HP, kg, tires..) and they were so damn challenging that it took days of driving and commitment to win them all (Mazda RX-7 on Tsukuba comes to mind, or Focus ST on Madrid for instance). You know what happened? All boards (GTP, PS forums, PS blogs, you name it) were flooded with complaints and screams how that events were "broken", "flawed", "impossible", "PD sucks", "PD incompetent", whatever. See the pattern?

I remember that VERY clearly. Fuck that shit, fuck it hard, the mainstream casual crybabies ruined the seasonal events because they fucking couldn't get the gold trophy in the first 3 tries and they eventually turned it into GRIND WITH ENZO IN LA SARTHE TO GET INSTA-RICH. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THOSE SEASONALS. FUCK.

God damnit, I'm so fucking sure that PD, were GT1-2-3-4 to release today, would tone the license test times A LOT. Specially GT3, damn those were hard :D

And getting all (I think) golds in GT2 highest licence tests is one of my favourite memories :( Being able to nail the Ford GT40@Seattle test at the first attempt at a friend's house was so awesome :D

SIGH.

dubc35

Do we expect much (any?) new news from Ascari today?

Well, tell that to all Americans that didn't buy TOCA and TRD games, tell that to all those that ignored "other approaches". I am buying all racing games worth buying and I am personally supporting all I can - even those I even can't play because I do not have hardware (PC games such as Assetto Corsa or pCARS which I bought/financed both).

Damn, that's dedication to the genre.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I had no idea this game runs in 1080p. Does it run at 60fps @ 1080p? Locked 30?

Are there any graphical enhancements that are disabled when running at that resolution?

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed on all points . they could improve things. Like stream line the ui and imo scrap the career mode and expand special events to the whole career. But I hate this opinion that western developers are the be it all. Its not like there racing games have done anything ground breaking its actually polyphony that seems to be thinking outside the box most times and giving it's fans as much content as they possibly can for every outing. I mean how much free content and support did gt5 get? While western developers pump out game after game abandonding there customers each series.

Trust me man, they've probably meant that they want GT to have it all. GT's game structure + some cool features here and there. Many of us want GT to feature all kinds of racing disciplines or a livery editor.. F*ck I've always dreamed for a Full F1/series on GT.

Well, this one is damn interesting.

On the very SCEE press vault there is bunch of PR texts from today's Launch Event, including this particular one that have not yet been picked up by anyone as I can see:

1985 Lotus type 97T - Senna’s First GP Win

Why is that text there? :)

YES! YES! YES!

Surely the sculpture cars have been modelled and are drivable as well?

32B
97T - Confirmed
99T

Banderas.gif

RB9 in the day 1 patch as well?

OmegaDL50

Preordered.

Lets hope it gets here Thursday.

I'm a pad user but i'd be up for races/clubs if GAF has one planned?

I got event planned but it's going to be different compared to the usual racing competition.

A series of one-make races in various classes in a Round Robin style tournament.

The top six scorers (I say six, but this can change to any number based on the maximum amount of drivers allowed online in a single race) will move on to a final championship race. Should be good fun.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Been looking for an answer to this question but can't find it anywhere - will GT6 be "compatible" with the Dualshock 4? As much as I'd like to play the game I really just can't enjoy going back to the DS3 for a game like GT after owning a PS4.

JamboGT

Not sure but i would doubt it to be honest, mainly due to the lack of analog buttons, at least that is why i think GT5 doesn't work with the DS4.

Not sure but i would doubt it to be honest, mainly due to the lack of analog buttons, at least that is why i think GT5 doesn't work with the DS4.
Pffft, not using the analog sticks...

Well... there were those races where you'd have to take a shitbox car and just hold the gas WHILE your brake so you keep RPM reduction to a minimum.

KaidoRacer7

Please please please let the Lotus be part of the Day 1 patch.

Well, Senna's helmet and racing suit will be day 1 (at least that my brazilian pre-order says)

Edit:

Looking again, there is something strange:

*DLC Exclusivo para Pré Venda:
• 25 carros com melhorias e enfeites especiais
• Carrocerias
• Uniformes de Corrida
• Adesivos de pinturas personalizadas
• Conteúdo Ayrton Senna: disponível a partir do Day One, 06/Dezembro, via atualização do firmware* (necessário acesso à internet), os consumidores de GT6 terão acesso ao capacete e ao macacão vermelho clássicos do Ayrton Senna para customizar seu avatar de jogo. Outros conteúdos relacionados ao piloto e ao automobilismo brasileiro serão disponibilizados ao longo do tempo, sem previsão de datas.

Summarize:
- 25 tuned cars
- Bodies (???)
- Racing suits
- Customized stickers (?????)
- Ayrton Senna content: Helmet and Red racing suit day one (\o/). Other Senna content will be available through the time.

Top Bottom