• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

anddo0

I feel like such a fool. I went GS to pickup my pre-order not knowing the game is out on Friday. I don't know how I got the dates confused. Damn these Friday releases.

Will the DD version have a pre-load, or at least a midnight release in the US?

Mobius 1

Okay, that is now very interesting.

From this pre-order page:

Além disso, o maior piloto brasileiro, vencedor de 3 campeonatos mundiais de fórmula 1, Ayrton Senna, está de volta às pistas. Sinta a emoção de correr com o mesmo uniforme do melhor piloto do mundo, em corridas eletrizantes nos circuitos mais famosos do planeta.

Experience the emotion of racing with the same suit of the best driver in the world, in electrifying races on the most famous circuits in the world.

Smokey

I pretty much never preorder. I hate the practice of doing so.

That being said, I did preorder to get the 15th Anniversary Edition upgrade free through Gamestop. There's enough added content to make it worthwhile, in my opinion.

Is the anniversary edition a seperate upgrade? When I went to gs to reserve the game he told me there wasn't a seperate sku for any type of anniversary edition.

red731

How the hell can I screw the preorder. Damn that timeout and irl stuff hapening at the wrongest time.
Anniversary ed is the way to go. Costs really close to standard one...hmm.

I feel like such a fool. I went GS to pickup my pre-order not knowing the game is out on Friday. I don't know how I got the dates confused. Damn these Friday releases.

I thought the same thing a few weeks ago. I knew GT6 was coming out on December 6th, so I just assumed that was a Tuesday. When the calendar flipped over, I was surprised it is on a Friday.

Honestly, Friday releases make so much more sense anyways. You're already happy that the work/school week is over. You've got the weekend to play the game. I wish the industry would just move releases to Friday anyway.

Is the anniversary edition a seperate upgrade? When I went to gs to reserve the game he told me there wasn't a seperate sku for any type of anniversary edition.

I think all of Gamestop's preorders are the anniversary edition, but it's not a separate sku/upc, or at least it didn't seem to be when I preordered it. My guess is that if you're picking up a preorder, you get the anniversary edition, but if you just go to buy the game, you'll get the standard.

only gamestop.com

Not true, in store as well.

That's because I believe that the Gamestop edition is for everyone that buys the game from them. You'll be able to know when you pick it up since this is what Gamestop's should look like

i12cytd27lv5cth2udkl.png

I like the anniversary models but I prefer starting from the bottom and grinding my way up. Dunno if it would be too tempting if I had all those cars from the get-go...

DEO3

I pretty much never preorder. I hate the practice of doing so.

That being said, I did preorder to get the 15th Anniversary Edition upgrade free through Gamestop. There's enough added content to make it worthwhile, in my opinion.

I think pre-ordering is incredibly stupid. How many times have we seen games fail to live up to their hype? ...and yet, an hour ago I walked into a Gamestop and pre-ordered GT6. Like you I felt that the added content, as well as GT5 having been one of the best supported games of the previous generation, made it worth my while.

I'm so confused of the anniversary edition is just the gamestop version of the game or a seperate sku
I'm confused as well. The Gamestop Anniversary Edition comes with a large number of "Anniversary Edition Cars"

Amazon pre-order comes with 1million Cr and five "Anniversary Edition Cars" despite the packaging indicating nothing about it being the Anniversary Edition.

It seems all the various NA packaging are the same game, with slightly different downloadable perks. There is nothing available NA that included special items I actually care about, like the full color book that came with my GT5 collectors edition.

The Anniversary Edition seems largely bullshit IMO

OmegaDL50

only gamestop.com

When I pre-ordered my copy in-store and there was a huge banner advertisement in regards to the 15th Anniversary Edition.

I pointed to the advert to the clerk when I made my pre-order.

I don't know why they would make in-store advertising for this special pre-order if it was online only. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of wanting to push pre-orders for the game in store with that employee quota system of theirs.

Edit: I don't know about you but a lot of people were bitching about not getting the Chromeline and Stealth cars because they didn't pre-order the game. PD never released them as DLC on PSN, nor did they include them with the GT5 XL Edition.

In case that happens again for GT6 I'm pre-ordering and getting the special cars.

OmegaDL50

Well if you go to the official GT6 website

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/preorder/#anniversary

Clearly there is two different cases for the standard edition and 15th Anniversary Edition.

Also one thing to point out if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you will note that every car has a price tag associated to them.

In GT5 the Chromeline and Stealth models could not be bought and were automatically downloaded to your garage and locked from trades. Also doing a rigidity restoration ruined the handling for some of them so basically you couldn't replace them if you ruined one of them.

The fact the 15th Anniversary Edition cars have a price, I would hope this implies that you can buy multiples in the dealer for tuning purposes to not run into the same issue that GT5 had with it's special limited cars.

Smokey

I just stopped by gs on lunch break and the clerk said if you reserve the game from them you'll get the anniversary. Similar to any other extra items for other games that you would get from GS.

Watevaman

I like the anniversary models but I prefer starting from the bottom and grinding my way up. Dunno if it would be too tempting if I had all those cars from the get-go...

See, I'm the complete opposite. I'm tempted to pre-order just to have all those cars, as I don't have the time I had when GT5 came out to grind and I really just want to drive.

Unless GT6 allows you to pick every car in the arcade mode and I missed that.

MightyCrow

Neo Member
I think pre-ordering is incredibly stupid. How many times have we seen games fail to live up to their hype? ...and yet, an hour ago I walked into a Gamestop and pre-ordered GT6. Like you I felt that the added content, as well as GT5 having been one of the best supported games of the previous generation, made it worth my while.

Pre paying is stupid. Preordering is just reserving your copy of the game. You can cancel at any time no harm done.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So is the anniversary edition preorder only or is it basically all day 1 copies at Gamestop are that edition?

edit: oh so its a code printout on the receipt, guess ill have to swing over today and preorder it.

Small update about the M4 Coupe

BMW M confirms that the first-ever BMW M4 Coupe will make its appearance in Gran Turismo 6 for PlayStation 3 soon after the game launch.

The new engine in the M3 and M4 (S55 3.0 liter turbo) sees a slight power upgrade over the previous V8 to approximately 430 hp, while peak torque has been increased by well over 30 per cent to substantially more than 500 Newton meters, and is maintained over a very wide rev band. The new powerplant also boasts excellent fuel consumption, with an improvement of more than 25 per cent over the previous model’s figures, while emissions are already EU6-compliant.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/12/03/bmw-m4-coupe-will-make-appearance-gran-turismo-6/#

OmegaDL50

I believe that car was removed from the game due to Pagani wanting $1 million in exchange for usage rights for Polyphony Digital.

What are you talking about, Pagani has nothing to do with the Delta Wing.

It was built by Panoz. The reason why the original Delta Wing was initially removed from the car list due to a legality issue of Nissan infringing on Panoz rights over the ZEOD.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/02/panoz-deltawing-suing-nissan-bladeglider-report/
http://www.racer.com/panoz-led-delt...against-ben-bowlby-and-nissan/article/323046/

The Delta Wing was re-added to the car list but listed as "DeltaWing by DeltaWing" instead of "DeltaWing by Nissan"

Calabi

So is the Arcade mode worth playing in this?

I'm guessing the GT mode remains as unfathomable as ever. I dont know what cars are good. I wish they had a guide or something. Instead of having all the cars in their manufacturers have other ways of organising them. Like a list of cars available for what races, or order them by hp or pp or other factors.

JamboGT

There is a recommended section for the cars now, as well as walking the player through the early stages of career mode.

Top Bottom