• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

JavyOO7

Got the 30% off MM3D and bought it too. 28 bucks isn't bad for that game. Hopefully next month is Codename Steam or Luigi's Mansion 2.

wilflare

thanks for the list!
(slightly bumped I missed out two weeks of eShop sign-in bonus... I signed in but forgot to collect the points)

EloNoolah

Just 80 platinum coins away from WarioWare. I just need those weekly bonuses and I should be solid. I can almost *taste* it.
Ge6sJd1.gif

Just got WarioWare. Bit of a shame that you can't put it on your MicroSD and that it takes up the 3DS's internal memory but man it's super cool to basically have the first DS "Virtual Console" style game on my n3DS.

From what I understand they basically dumped Touched into a DSIWare shell, but it's still cool. I bought this game on launch on DS and played the hell out of it and I'm sure I'll be doing the same this time.

Pokemaniac

Just got WarioWare. Bit of a shame that you can't put it on your MicroSD and that it takes up the 3DS's internal memory but man it's super cool to basically have the first DS "Virtual Console" style game on my n3DS.

From what I understand they basically dumped Touched into a DSIWare shell, but it's still cool. I bought this game on launch on DS and played the hell out of it and I'm sure I'll be doing the same this time.

It's not really a ROM dump. They likely actually recompiled it from source. Standard DS games don't run on DSiWare as is.

Shiggy

New European offers:

- 10% off Fire Emblem Fates
- 20% off Animal Crossing 3DS
- 20% off Capitan Todd
- 40% off Capitan Todd

On a more positive note, I was finally able to get rid off Miitomo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New US offers:

- 15% off Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (600 platinum)
- 15% off Super Mario Galaxy 2 (300 platinum)
- 15% off Pikmin 3 (300 platinum)
- 15% off Dr. Luigi (230 platinum)
- 15% off Mini Mario: Minis on the Move (150 platinum)
- 30% off Triforce Heroes (100 gold)
- 30% off Tomodachi Life (80 gold)
- 30% off Wonderful 101 (70 gold)
- 30% off DKC Tropical Freeze (50 gold)
- 30% off Metroid Prime Trilogy (50 gold)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
New European offers:

- 20% off Capitan Todd
- 40% off Capitan Todd

The notification also mentions a discount for AC but that is nowhere to be found.

It's among all the deals, after Miitomo's tickets.
It's strange to see two deals for Todd, but quite interesting to see a pre-launch deal for Fire Emblem.

Shiggy

It's among all the deals, after Miitomo's tickets.
It's strange to see two deals for Todd, but quite interesting to see a pre-launch deal for Fire Emblem.

Just noticed. I'm a bit surprised that the US gets so many more offers.

The Fire Emblem discount doesn't seem too fair considering you can get the retail version for 40€ or less.

Mpl90

Just noticed. I'm a bit surprised that the US gets so many more offers.

The Fire Emblem discount doesn't seem too fair considering you can get the retail version for 40€ or less.

Yeah, I was posting while the US rewards were getting posted, they got much more, not just deals we already got. I'm a bit envious :lol

Btw, did new deal rewards appear in Japan as well?

PtM

Banned
Little heads-up for those who may not know: 14 rewards expire tomorrow morning at 4 A.M.. They are the following:
That single 10-tickets offer isn't timed.

Anywho, how many € is Capitan Todd on the eshop? Web page won't tell.

MLH

New European offers:

- 20% off Capitan Todd
- 40% off Capitan Todd

One month into MyNintendo and NoE has already given up on producing any decent rewards.
Fire Emblem fates will be £39.99 on eshop so 10% off will be £35.99. Retail copies can be found cheaper easily and an eshop code can be found for around £32 from key sellers. Pretty terrible value and a waste of points.

We also get two different discounts on Captain Toad, appreciated but it pales in comparison to the variety of NoA updates.
I sincerely hope NoE intends to do further updates during May and not have these as the only new rewards for the entire month.
Would rather we got eshop credit from gold coins (like with Wii U premium promotion) so I didn't have to rely on Nintendo's 'just for you' (but not really) offers which are off little use when I already own the games on offer. Either that or Nintendo actually looked at games tied to our NNIDs and created offers/ discounts for other titles we don't own.

iphys

Sigh, I was really hoping they'd at least add a couple more gold coin games that aren't just pathetic discounts trying to squeeze more money out of you. I'm worried with the 6-month expiry and not getting new ones each month it's like you have to save up all your shopping till something worth redeeming for pops up now.

Richie

Some thoughts:

• I wonder if one could stack both the Captain Toad discounts to snatch the game at 60% off?
  • I like the variety in the US discounts but asking you Gold coins for 30% off...Unless I reaaaally want the game in question I can't see me ever going for it. If it was 50% like some of the European ones it'd be easier to consider.
  • That NoE is presenting a discount for an unreleased game, however measly, is promising. NX titles to have discounts come March 2017? There's an idea...
  • I'm noticing most of the rewards that are full games have an expiration date of August 1. I really hope they're seriously not gonna put any new actual games to download until then, because if so that's a severe downgrade from the old American Club Nintendo, where they rotated between 4 games every month. With the discounts just refreshed and no sign of new games at all, though, I fear the downgrade may just be the case. On that note, the new discounts have an expiration date of July. So, two months without anything new, sans potential Miitomo stuff? Damn.

Mpl90

One month into MyNintendo and NoE has already given up on producing any decent rewards.
Fire Emblem fates will be £39.99 on eshop so 10% off will be £35.99. Retail copies can be found cheaper easily and an eshop code can be found for around £32 from key sellers. Pretty terrible value and a waste of points.

We also get two different discounts on Captain Toad, appreciated but it pales in comparison to the variety of NoA updates.
I sincerely hope NoE intends to do further updates during May and not have these as the only new rewards for the entire month.
Would rather we got eshop credit from gold coins (like with Wii U premium promotion) so I didn't have to rely on Nintendo's 'just for you' (but not really) offers which are off little use when I already own the games on offer. Either that or Nintendo actually looked at games tied to our NNIDs and created offers/ discounts for other titles we don't own.

I suppose this is a consequence of the different expiring dates for Europe and NA

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...final_day_for_a_number_of_my_nintendo_rewards

As you can see, NA had a lot more deals expiring today. So, it's a natural consequence there are more new deals for NA.

Here's the upcoming expiring dates for deals in both regions

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...tes_to_help_you_plan_your_my_nintendo_rewards

EU

20% off Yoshi's Woolly World - 16th May (600 Platinum Points)
40% off Tomodachi Life - 16th May (100 Gold Points)
40% off Splatoon - 1st June (100 Gold Points)
50% off Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move - 1st June (30 Gold Points)
20% off Pullblox World - 16th June (150 Platinum Points)
40% off Super Mario 3D Land - 16th June (110 Gold Points)
20% off Mario Kart 7 - 1st July (700 Platinum Points)
40% off The Wonderful 101 - 1st July (120 Gold Points)
WarioWare Touched! (full game) - 1st July (1000 Platinum Points)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (full game) - 1st July (35 Gold Points)
Super Mario 64 (full game) - 1st August (90 Gold Points)
New Super Luigi U (full DLC) - 1st August (90 Gold Points)
Pikmin 3 DLC Battle Enemies! - 1st August (20 Gold Points)
Metroid Fusion (full game) - 1st August (60 Gold Points)
Super Punch-Out!! - 1st August (70 Gold Points)
My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 1st October (1000 Platinum Points)

NA

WarioWare Touched! (full game) - 1st July (1000 Platinum Points)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (full game) - 1st July (35 Gold Points)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (full game) - 1st July (230 Gold Points)
Super Mario 64 (full game) - 1st August (90 Gold Points)
New Super Luigi U (full DLC) - 1st August (170 Gold Points)
Pikmin 3 DLC Battle Enemies! - 1st August (20 Gold Points)
Metroid Fusion (full game) - 1st August (60 Gold Points)
Super Punch-Out!! - 1st August (70 Gold Points)
My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 1st October (1000 Platinum Points)

Going by the same logic, Europe will get more deals gradually (mid-May, June, mid-June), while US will have to wait till July the 1st for a new batch of discounts. This shouldn't be the end of new deals for quite some time for us Europeans. Better to wait and see.

Still, I don't get why there are two discounts for EL CAPITAN. Why, Shibata :lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of bummed there wasn't other new rewards. Gave in & got WW Touched, kind of hope there's new games next month. Hell, Club Nintendo did 4 to 8 new games each month at one point, & even if the selection wasn't always the best, it was still nice having variety.

PtM

Banned
New US offers:

- 15% off Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (600 platinum)
- 15% off Super Mario Galaxy 2 (300 platinum)
- 15% off Pikmin 3 (300 platinum)
- 15% off Dr. Luigi (230 platinum)
- 15% off Mini Mario: Minis on the Move (150 platinum)
- 30% off Triforce Heroes (100 gold)
- 30% off Tomodachi Life (80 gold)
- 30% off Wonderful 101 (70 gold)
- 30% off DKC Tropical Freeze (50 gold)
- 30% off Metroid Prime Trilogy (50 gold)
Tropical Freeze in the same tier as Other M is harsh. :/

Kind of bummed there wasn't other new rewards. Gave in & got WW Touched, kind of hope there's new games next month. Hell, Club Nintendo did 4 to 8 new games each month at one point, & even if the selection wasn't always the best, it was still nice having variety.

There's a big difference between the previous reward system and platinum coins.

You might get game givaways for gold coins cycled more, but it's pretty unreasonable to expect many entirely free games for the platinum coins. More likely you'll get more miitimo content and that's about it.

From what I can see only the discounts for gold coins expired, so those are what changed this time.

Can we get Club Nintendk back? Even that crap was better than this.

Then I got two statues, a soundtrack, a 3DS game case and some Wii points over the course of a decade+ of membership and thousands of pounds spent.

Here I got Warioware Touched after a months membership and with zero spent.

Struggling to see what made the old system better tbh...

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to see other regions' rewards and whatnot, or is the best option to just create new accounts for that purpose?

iphys

Some thoughts:

• I wonder if one could stack both the Captain Toad discounts to snatch the game at 60% off?

The discount offers say they can't be combined with other offers, but someone should try this and see what actually happens.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
New European offers:

- 20% off Capitan Todd
- 40% off Capitan Todd

How did you manage to misspell Captain Toad not once but twice?

jnWake

And here I'm still saving my weekly coins to get Twilight Princess Picross... Damn you lack of Miitomo in my country.

Nbz

If I use my Gold points to buy the discount on Fire Emblem Fates (in the EU my Nintendo rewards), will I still receive more gold points for the purchase of the game itself?

Essentially are gold points a cycle you fall into, where you use them to get discounts, and still receive them for the amount of money you actually spend on the discounted game?

Convoluted I know, but I need an answer! This may decide if my future Nintendo purchases are digital or not.

Then I got two statues, a soundtrack, a 3DS game case and some Wii points over the course of a decade+ of membership and thousands of pounds spent.

Here I got Warioware Touched after a months membership and with zero spent.

Struggling to see what made the old system better tbh...

Beach Towels, Desk calendars, and Screensavers, my friend.

Beach Towels, Desk calendars, and Screensavers, my friend.

Ahh you just reminded me... ring tones!
This changes everything, I withdraw my previous comment.

If I use my Gold points to buy the discount on Fire Emblem Fates (in the EU my Nintendo rewards), will I still receive more gold points for the purchase of the game itself?

Essentially are gold points a cycle you fall into, where you use them to get discounts, and still receive them for the amount of money you actually spend on the discounted game?

Convoluted I know, but I need an answer! This may decide if my future Nintendo purchases are digital or not.

Yeah it works just like you say.
I used 30 gold coins to get 50% discount off MvsDK then when I bought it for half-price I got 20 gold coins straight back.

The weekly missions have now reset so have at it folks! :)

Has it been confirmed if there's any limit to how many Miitomo and Platinum coins you can have? Just going by the bins and they're getting fuller and fuller so I'm just wondering if anyone's reached a peak and if I should just go ahead and redeem anything before I reach any limit and risk losing out on any points until I spend some.

Top Bottom