• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This waiting for votes is annoying, they should do it like Eurovision ironically and just have one announce results after the other after a certain time, get a little video going, have a celeb announce it.

Corbyn's disastrous leadership is one of the main reasons Leave is doing so well. He's an utter failure and this is the consequence.

indeed the Left needs to also address it own issues instead of just saying well at least we aren't as bad as such and such

it is like (me as a Canadian) saying we shouldn't evolve our laws since or problems are way less relative to the US

Makabe

Also a carer, for my father. He can't even walk to the toilet without taking a rest, yet he may be ruled fit for work. I can only see things like that getting worse.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If Britain leaves can we kick England out of the Euro16? We would kinda need that to happen to qualify despite playing like shit.

Dreading seeing my town's (Burnley) results come in.

Can see it being like 80% leave.

Though I'm just going off Facebook and what I've seen around town.

Another person from Burnley on Neogaf?

image.php

Beefy

Southampton expected to be approx. 60-40% LEAVE
Portsmouth also expected to be approx. 55-60% LEAVE

Even the south want out it seems.

Its not that bad! Its like voting to be like Canada or Austrailia, fending for ourselves is possible. But the people leading the campaign and the people voting for it are despicable.

That is true and its rather odd seeing Australia, USA and so on urging UK to stay and work it out when they would no more join a block of local countries. and open their borders and markets, than fucking fly. Imagine Australia joining ASEAN in a way that allowed free travel and common currency and so on. bwahaha they wouldn't even trust NZ.

I wonder if it's super close (like 49/50) if the Remain establishment will ignore the results of the referendum.

I remember the Quebec/Canada referendum (to separate from Canada) in 1995. It came down to

Yes 2,308,360 49.42%
No 2,362,648 50.58%

And yes it was intense as fuck.

I think it's going to be a clusterfuck, very messy and could end up with UK breaking up down the line.

Plum

That should be about voting the conservatives out, not blaming the EU lol.

England's problem is you guys keep voting majority Conservative.

Not the fucking EU. Cameron and the conservatives run this country because of how England vote.

The thing is less than 30% of people actually voted conservative. Now people have a vote which won't be discounted because of the First Past the Post System they're using the opportunity to protest.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Dear UK.

You know how you feel about us maybe electing Donald Trump? That's how we feel about you maybe leaving the EU.

Regards,
America

Pls don't run for governance bc I would rather my entire country be burned to the ground then have that fucking tosspot in charge of an ant farm over here.

Your story is just another of many the leavers have decided to ignore. Sad state of affairs.

yep :( I'm a carer too, hoping we don't leave

Yeah this is legit terrifying. I don't know what I could even do to try and get by if leave wins this. Worst case scenario I can work but it leaves my GF at risk and she's completely unfit for work medically. A single wage isn't even enough before all this.

Hasney

Kettering is so close to Corby, and Corby voted for Louise Mench. So fuck em, saying as someone who left Northamptonshire.

Remain is still good. I'm going to have one more beerm and see if I can sleep.

Best

So if Vine is to be believed, Sunderland and Newcastle might be outliers and the overall Leave vote is only slightly higher than expected.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
That is true and its rather odd seeing Australia, USA and so on urging UK to stay and work it out when they would no more join a block of local countries. and open their borders and markets, than fucking fly. Imagine Australia joining ASEAN in a way that allowed free travel and common currency and so on. bwahaha they wouldn't even trust NZ.

TBF it has wider ramifications than those examples because UK is one of the big 3 in the EU and removing that pillar could see the EU collapse or at least change significantly.

From there you could argue the EU is the only thing holding the continent together and preventing wars left right and centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom