• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb @ E3 2016 | WEED3

Myggen

y5ptMsd.gif

Mr. F

Banned
I wish they were able to get more stuff like this on the site. Having the developers somewhat removed from all the PR and letting them discuss what they want is refreshing versus most of the other coverage. That along with them always somehow putting people together that at first don't make sense but always seem to gel and lead to interesting conversations.

Would be awesome. I wish there was a broader effort to get more of these oral histories on record for posterity - game development is so young and yet there feels like there's so little out there from behind the scenes points of view aside from the common big-name stories.

Xeteh

Read A Short History of the World by HG Wells and focus in on whatever period grabbed you the most.

I've been trying to listen to Dan Carlin's Blueprint for Armageddon about WW1 for months but I normally listen to podcasts while doing something else but I constantly lose the thread on what he's talking about. The podcasts are so enjoyable but I have to like... devote myself to listening to them.

Do steam machines and VR peripherals count?

I'm sure they have some people who take meetings for that stuff at E3 but without knowing what Brad is doing I'm not exactly sure he'd be there without a game to show and that isn't really what Valve has done at E3.

Tainted

Is Bakalar an official employee of GB now? I know hes a regular on the Beastcast, but does he do any other stuff for the site ?

I dont follow GB religiously....so sorry if I sound naive

Also, props to Jeff for amazing hosting ability. Him being the closest thing to an elder statesman in games press gives these panels/interviews a completely different atmosphere.

Just curious, did they touch back on the Sony press conference today? I know Dan was shocked by the general enthusiasm for the conference which he learned about after the show.

daveo42

Banned
Squeenix!

Is Bakalar an official employee of GB now? I know hes a regular on the Beastcast, but does he do any other stuff for the site ?

I dont follow GB religiously....so sorry if I sound naive

He's CNET, but part of CBSi, both CNET's and GB's parent company. He started on the Beastcast as one of their guests that ending up staying on.

Top Bottom