• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix | e3 Showcase

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

During this digital showcase, Square-Enix will unveil a brand new Eidos-Montreal game and will give new information on Life is Strange: True Colors, Babylon’s Fall, Marvel’s Avengers
The show goes live on Sunday, June 13 at 12:15pm PDT / 8:15pm BST on YouTube, Twitch, and supporting partner channels.

Twitch / YouTube

Last edited:

LordCBH

I want to see FF. But given how shit today’s showcases were, I’m just expecting the kinky FF shown to be costumes for avengers.

YukiOnna

Honestly, they already got a good showing coming with Babylon's Fall coming. But I'm ready for some FF goodness with XVI. Maybe they'll announce DQX Offline here?

NewYork214

I'm hoping and excited for some FFXVI. Not expecting much but down for anything about it.

Also excited for forspoken. Wont be disappointed but really hoping for something for ff7r2. Even a short cutscene would be good enough for me. Feels like this is pretty much a sony show the more I think about it.

YukiOnna

Not expecting FF7R-2 till either a SE Presents at the end of this year or sometime in the first half of next year. They've got a pretty good line up for their major titles set for each fiscal year with FFXVI, DQXII, FFVIIR-2, and XIV Expansions. Not to mention KH, DQ/FF Spin-off and TWEWY.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Not sure what to expect out of this.

It's likely that SE will show more FF16 info and reveal their new FF game soon, but that may very well happen at Sony's event. They have also stated that they'll show a lot more in their conference than what they've announced for it, but the conference's description is so dry and western-oriented that I'm not sure if there'll be any surprises from the Japan side at all.

YukiOnna

Not sure what to expect out of this.

It's likely that SE will show more FF16 info and reveal their new FF game soon, but that may very well happen at Sony's event. They have also stated that they'll show a lot more in their conference than what they've announced for it, but the conference's description is so dry and western-oriented that I'm not sure if there'll be any surprises from the Japan side at all.
Given their CEO said they'll have announcements at E3, I think GOTG and that FF game would cover it... and I think those insiders were saying XVI will be there? Of course, plans can change last minute. Babylon's Fall is a Japanese title, too.

SinDelta

I really hope Babylons Fall is not a game as a service Destiny/Anthem game. Give me a good single player RPG any day.

sublimit

Banned
Looking forward to Babylon's Fall and whatever else they show from their Japanese branch.

I really hope Babylons Fall is not a game as a service Destiny/Anthem game. Give me a good single player RPG any day.

From what we know and what they have shown so far it looks nothing like a game as a service.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Am hoping for a glImpse of next-gen Tomb Raider. Couldn't give a toss about FF
Yeah a simple teaser is enough, just so we can see the style they’re going with. And no exclusivity bs! They need to stop that. Goes for FF as well.

LastBattle

Im hoping for ff16 and dragon quest but expect FF to get shown at Sony's event and dragon quest won't be shown until next year. Oh well I'm excited for this!
Sincere question, what is Sony’s event and when is it? I didn’t think a Sony were showing this E3?

sublimit

Banned
Not talking about gameplay, talking about the art style - Lara, the world.
Eh usually teasers don't even show that... They are usually just some CG or in-engine cinematic cutscene.
If they are not just a logo...

Last edited:

Yoboman

Gold Member
I just hope they bring back the "please be excited" trolls

Maybe start with some chrono trigger music, some real vibes of a sequel or remake. Then play a trailer for a new mobile port that looks worse than the original with some real ass looking sprites but has a new job system or some shit

Kimahri

Banned
I feel the visual style of Octopath Traveller would be more suitable for a CT remake.

Or any 16-bit jrpg remake, actually.
Yeah, that could work. I really enjoyed Trials of Mana though. Graphics could do with a bit more magic, but the rest was modernised in a really good way.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I doubt they gonna announce FF16, origins and remake 2, probably announc in Sony event.

DelireMan7

Come on remake chrono trigger like final fantasy 7,or a new parasite eve game.
I don't think Chrono Trigger needs a remake. Maybe a re release on modern system.

I would just be happy with an European release for Parasite Eve and Chrono cross.

Remake for Parasite eve would be nice.

We can dream...

Realistically I just want info on XVI and the rumoured FF: Origins.

I have an employee who works for me who used to to work at Square Enix and can confirm Guardians of the Galaxy game will be announced today. It is a single player story game.

No, this is NOT a joke at "my uncle works at nintendo" if you want to veto me feel free to DM. Mark this post and feel free to talk shit after. I'll own up to it.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I have an employee who works for me who used to to work at Square Enix and can confirm Guardians of the Galaxy game will be announced today. It is a single player story game.

No, this is NOT a joke at "my uncle works at nintendo" if you want to veto me feel free to DM. Mark this post and feel free to talk shit after. I'll own up to it.
I believe you dude. I believe.

I believe you dude. I believe.
Fun facts about Final Fantasy 7 Remake Development and Plans.

- Originally planned as a 5 part series

- I believe it has been lowered to 3

- FF7 Remake Parts were planned to release 3 years apart.

-This means FF7 Remake Part 2 will be released in 2023, showcased/announced next year. You will NOT see it here.

- The next part is next gen ONLY

- Uses Unreal Engine 5

- Final part is 2026.

Disclaimer - keep in mind things may change or maybe dates moves to 2024/2027 due to covid. However, this was the original plan.

HYDE

Banned
Interested in Babylon’s Fall, Tomb Raider, and FF: Origins…if rumors are true. It’d be the first FF game to interest me.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Predictions:

- Chrono Trigger Remake (iOS and Android, F2P, episodic)

- “Final Fantasy Academy” (FF themed school life-sim game with waifus and husbandos. You can make characters accidentally walk into the shower and see each other naked, which leads to them fucking and making babies)

- new Parasite Eve game. All RPG elements have been stripped. Aya’s clothing deteriorates and falls off when she takes damage.

- Star Ocean 6

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I want a Parasite Eve Remake with FFVII Remake style graphics

[Sigma]

Insterested in Babylon's Fall. Admittedly it has looked mid af thus far.

I would like a new Star Ocean game announcement.

Other than that, I don't have any real expectation on anything. I mean they could be showing their main Final Fantasy stuff here which im excited for then again maybe not if Sony is doing something later.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have no expectations. I don’t see Part 2 of VII-R coming out for at least another 2 years. You can’t surprise me Square-Enix :)

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The announcement I really want: Star Ocean series is officially dead and the writers of SO 3-5 are permanently banned from games writing.

M.T.S

Neo Member
- FF7 Remake Parts were planned to release 3 years apart.

-This means FF7 Remake Part 2 will be released in 2023, showcased/announced next year. You will NOT see it here.

- The next part is next gen ONLY
With no chances of late 2022? :( devastating.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
A new next gen Tomb Raider would be awesome. More footage of FF 16 would also be nice and as would a reveal of FF Origins. I hope it's a Souls-style game like its rumored.
Holy crap. I forgot about the FF Origins rumors. Once you get a taste of Elden Ring details, everything else doesn’t seem to exist.

Top Bottom