• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo holding new conference this Friday [Up: Over]

[Nintex]

WEGGLES said:
Uhhhhhhhhhhh. There was one. A major one. Wut. Why drop it again. It's not price that's hurting the 3DS...
I think he was talking about the Wii, Nintendo introduced the new model without dropping the price

I think he was talking about the Wii, Nintendo introduced the new model without dropping the price
That wasn't something for anyone to expect to be announced in an extension of 3DS conference.

People should keep their expectations in check. There was no way for this to include important info such as this, hence there' wasn't really any reason to stay up for this... And if Ani doesn't care about Nintendo Japan club announcements, why should he care for price cuts?

ShinNL

Tri G has so much content! And I love playing with Naruga, can't wait!

Please add online for the West, please please please (or some way to tunnel that special Ni-Fi connection.

Gravijah

artwalknoon said:
I saw a translation that said you can download ghost data daily so that much be spotpass not streetpass.

fuck yeah one free ghost a day, ain't no innovation like a nintendo innovation.

Dascu said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html#m10

Extended trailer of Nimble Sakura Warrior. Looks pretty sweet.

Couldnt have they use Takamaru?
Takamaru_Rainbow.png

Would habe been nice to resurrect him with this game.

Also, this game looks to be done by the developers of Captain Rainbow.

watershed

Banned
This is a google translated from dutch to english NOE press release concerning the update and other stuff:
October 21, 2011 - Nintendo 3DS ™ owners will soon be 3D video 's record, new puzzles to try to pass the street Mii park and several new Nintendo 3DS download games. It also displays new content from vendors such as Red Bull, Eurosport and Aardman Animations.
The Nintendo 3DS system update for late November, Nintendo 3DS owners access to a range of new features and enhancements, including 3D video recording "s. Allows users to 3D video 's of up to ten minutes or record their own 3D stop-motion animation to make. The update also adds new puzzles to Puzzle Swap in the street passing Mii park and a new dungeon in the street passing game Mii in squalor. Other features will be announced later.

Laurent Fischer, Managing Director, Marketing & PR of Nintendo of Europe: "We always strive to give our fans great experience, and that's exactly what we do with these new features and functions for the Nintendo 3DS. We look forward to the great titles we launch in the coming months, such as Super Mario Land 3D ™ on November 18 and Super Mario Kart ™ and Pokémon ™ 7 Rumble on December 2. "

The spot Pass ™ feature of the Nintendo 3DS allows users different content automatically receive their Nintendo 3DS, eg 3D video 's Video ™ for Nintendo, reports, additional content for software and system updates. Soon a series of unique 3-D video of Red Bull and spectacular sports video WATTS 's Eurosport to download and view 3D on the Nintendo 3DS. Early next year on top of that a series of hilarious and exclusive Shaun the Sheep 3D movies from Aardman, the makers of Wallace and Gromit.

Besides the system update of the Nintendo 3DS system and the series of 3D content that users receive pass through spot, Nintendo also adds some new Nintendo 3DS titles to the Nintendo eShop.

Games that come to the Nintendo eShop: Freaky Forms ™: Your Creations Alive!: Encourages your imagination free rein. Create your own "Formes" from scratch and begin an exploration of a planet full of wonderful surprises. During your quest you will gain access to dozens of new body parts for your creations, and you get even the ability to change the world around you. Share your favorite Formes with others through street Pass ™ and QR codes. Available from November 10, 2011 for € 6, -.

3D Classics Kirby's Adventure ™: one of the best games for the NES returns as part of the 3D Classics series. You see Dreamland for the first time come to life in stunning 3D graphics. Available from November 17, 2011 for € 6, -.

Pullblox ™: a unique blend of puzzle and platform elements, which blocks you need to move one step towards your goal form. There are over 250 levels to your brain and skill to the test set. You can also design your own puzzles and share with other players. Available from December 2011 for € 6, -.

Nintendo ™ Mailbox: exchange messages with friends and pass through street Spot Pass. You can even create your own 3D photo "s and voice recordings along with their messages. Freely available from December 2011.

Dillon's Western Rolling ™: role of a cowboy armadillo on your enemies. Strategy and action come together in a Wild West adventure like you never seen before. Comes in the first quarter of 2012 available.

Remember that the more than 1000 games, already released for the Nintendo DS ™ and Nintendo DSi ™, also playable on the Nintendo 3DS. With function "parental control" parents to decide what content their children access. Nintendo gives every player the
choice of their games in 2D or 3D to play, thanks to the 3D slider is easy to adjust the level of the 3D effect to change or turn it off. For more information about these and other features to www.nintendo3ds.nl.

Why is Europe getting all this 3dsware but NA still doesn't have any besides a 3rd party golf game?

Disguises

test_account said:
Mario Kart 7 doesnt have online play? Or is it only that you cant download ghosts from other via online?
Im pretty sure you can
AniHawk said:
  • Mario Kart 7 installs a Mario Kart Channel really dumb. should have in-game features
- Mario Kart Wii also had the channel as an in-game option as well
AniHawk said:
  • select a person's data from the Mario Kart Channel and race them online again, should be in-game
- See above
AniHawk said:
  • 8 player online, 60 FPS i bet it dips considerably once you turn the 3d on
- Confirmed as 60fps 3D, right?

rpmurphy

artwalknoon said:
This is a google translated from dutch to english NOE press release concerning the update and other stuff:

Why is Europe getting all this 3dsware but NA still doesn't have any besides a 3rd party golf game?
Kirby's Adventure 3D Classics OMG

WAT?! Kirby's Adventure 3D AND Kid Icarus 3D?!?!?!?

Who's kicked out the guys responsible for the game choices before and finally making some good ones?! GIVE THEM A RAISE!

I guess that explains why they weren't part of the ambassador lineup either...

Nuclear Muffin said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html#m5

What the hell are they talking about? I think it's something to do with the eShop.

Edit: Poisoft?! Who the hell are Poisoft?!

From quickly looking through the website, Poisoft has been a big download game supporter for Nintendo.

A Retro WiiWare game in which you are the king and can choose to be evil.
A 3DS game in which you are a pebble falling down tunnels.

They are currently working on an eShop game debuting next month, but I don't know what it will be.

beje said:
Auto-stereoscopic 3D doesn't work like glasses 3D. In the 3DS you are rendering two completely different points of the view at the same time in 60FPS and each of them is sent to a different eye completely synchronized and at the same time through the screen.
Thanks for explaining that beje, any input for the rest of the question?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
AniHawk said:
[*]community features added, allowing you to create your own community i'll stick with the tv show, thanks

You actually like "Community?" Everything is starting to make sense now...

Disguises said:
Im pretty sure you can

- Mario Kart Wii also had the channel as an in-game option

- See above

The stuff in the Mario Kart Wii Channel was all in the game. The channel just meant you could access it without bottling the game or even having it in the slot.

[Nintex]

Nuclear Muffin said:
WAT?! Kirby's Adventure 3D AND Kid Icarus 3D?!?!?!?

Who's kicked out the guys responsible for the game choices before and finally making some good ones?! GIVE THEM A RAISE!

I guess that explains why they weren't part of the ambassador lineup either...
Probably to promote Kirby for when Kirby's Adventure Wii comes out, just like Kid Icarus will drop when Kid Icarus 3DS drops.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nintendo ™ Mailbox: exchange messages with friends and pass through street Spot Pass. You can even create your own 3D photo "s and voice recordings along with their messages. Freely available from December 2011.

Finally.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
artwalknoon said:

EUROSPORT!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Pullblox - Available from December 2011 for € 6. That's Hiku-Osu from Intelligent System, nice!

Nintendo ™ Mailbox: Freely available from December 2011. At last!
gofreak said:
So does 'Nintendo Mailbox' mean we won't get messaging etc. in the friends list?
I assume it integrates or replaces the friend list?
jokkir said:
No, because if you want someone to join your game, you have to exit your game first then go to the messaging app, message said friend, go back to the game then wait for them to join. It'll get tedious after a while.
I see.

jokkir

M3d10n said:
If it sends a SpotPass notification when new messages arrive it's almost the same.

No, because if you want someone to join your game, you have to exit your game first then go to the messaging app, message said friend, go back to the game then wait for them to join. It'll get tedious after a while.

Disguises said:

Yes.

watershed

Banned
walking fiend said:
Seems so, unless this app can run while you are in a game as well.
That's what I'm hoping for. What happened to that footage we saw a while ago of the friend's list showing Mario Kart 7 stuff and implying you could jump right into a game from the friend's list? Has that since been nixed or am I misremembering?

That's what I'm hoping for. What happened to that footage we saw a while ago of the friend's list showing Mario Kart 7 stuff and implying you could jump right into a game from the friend's list? Has that since been nixed or am I misremembering?
I suspect that was the MK channel.
And I doubt this app being able to run along a game, Nintendo dropping the ball on online again, is the safe bet to prevent meltdowns later.

watershed

Banned
walking fiend said:
I suspect that was the MK channel.
And I doubt this app being able to run along a game.
So that means the MK channel will be software outside of the game that you can boot up to see who's online etc then choose to jump into a game? That's nice but not quite as good. I was hoping it was integrated into the friends list so future titles could do the same.

marc^o^

Nice to see this conference answered all questions we had regarding eshop redesign and new online features.

isys said:
Isn't that for Picture Lives? I don't think it's a skip game it's just one of the guys in the interview used to work at skip.

Yeah I got a bit over excited there...

marc^o^ said:
Pullblox - Available from December 2011 for € 6. That's Hiku-Osu from Intelligent System, nice!

Nintendo ™ Mailbox: Freely available from December 2011. At last!I assume it integrates or replaces the friend list?I see.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OVER MY FACE!!!!!!

WHERE THE HELL IS PICROSS E?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? WHERE'S MY RELEASE DATE?!?!?!?!??!!?

marc^o^

artwalknoon said:
So that means the MK channel will be software outside of the game that you can boot up to see who's online etc then choose to jump into a game? That's nice but not quite as good. I was hoping it was integrated into the friends list so future titles could do the same.
Disappointing indeed if that's the case. It would be a mere copy and paste from how they handled it on wii.

Refreshment.01 said:
Is it possible for the unit to detect 2D mode and add a ton of effects to the frame? since its a fucking waste to just tak some shitty AA only when not in 3D mode.
yep. that's possible, but i wouldn't expect it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
marc^o^ said:
I assume it integrates or replaces the friend list?

Sounds like a piece of 3DSWare software though - a separate game/app - rather than something that'll be in a firmware update, for the built-in OS stuff.

TunaLover

Gravijah said:
god, it's going to take forever to message people in other countries. :/
Like in Wii, it takes so long cause Nintendo reads the mails, censor them, and then deliver them.

Also, countries are very far away.

Top Bottom