• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
oh6RaHV.png

Whoa, new Battletoads? Crackdown Skyline? Third person Perfect Dark? Phantom Dust prequel? RugPuddle?

I want to believe!

Hmm, I heard a recent rumour that David Jones had formed a new studio and was working on a title for MS althout it was hinted at as a spiritual sequel to something. Anyway, I don't really believe the fake list wars stuff in the weeks before E3.

iMax

Hmm, I heard a recent rumour that David Jones had formed a new studio and was working on a title for MS althout it was hinted at as a spiritual sequel to something. Anyway, I don't really believe the fake list wars stuff in the weeks before E3.

He has. It's called Cloudgine and sources point to it being Crackdown 3.

KORNdoggy

the division info of xbone being lead platform doesn't make much sense. it's clearly leading on PC. and was demo'd on "PS4" at the reveal (or at least with a PS4 controller) i just can't imagine you'd lead on the weakest system.

much like that recent sony list it all reads too much like a fanboys wet dream. and would require FAR too much time to get through it all. so unless their conferences are going to be 3 hours long, then these are fake as hell...although i'm sure a couple will ring true come the 9th.

Lucifon

]the division info of xbone being lead platform doesn't make much sense[/B]. it's clearly leading on PC. and was demo'd on "PS4" at the reveal (or at least with a PS4 controller) i just can't imagine you'd lead on the weakest system.

This is the biggest standout point to me that makes me question the rest. There's no way that thing becomes lead on Xbone, just doesn't make any sense for that to happen.

Of course it's not true. But just imagine if both this and Sony's list were true. Holy smokes, what a glorious thing that would be.

Oh well, I'm sure that what we'll actually get won't be bad either.

actually i forgot about the sony one and your right this would be a pure fantasy if even half of that stuff is true...going to keep my expectations super super low though so im not disappointed - i think this is the E3 everyone is hoping for bazooka type nuclear explosion announcements....soooo i guess lets hope each console PS4/WIIU/X1 pulls through.

Paradicia

From reading that list it doesn't mention anything about Halo 5 gameplay being shown which would be BS seeing as they showed off Halo 4 the same year it was released..

Vico

From reading that list it doesn't mention anything about Halo 5 gameplay being shown which would be BS seeing as they showed off Halo 4 the same year it was released..

Rumors say the 2014 game isn't Halo 5 but Halo 2 Anniversary.
Halo 5 would then be scheduled for 2015 (and it means it'll get another E3).

Bsigg12

Well Halo 4 and Halo CEA were both announced at E3 2011 and Halo 4 got a huge E3 2012 presence. The same will probably happen here.

Lucifon

It's not coming out this year, Anniversary 2 will take this year's holiday slot. Halo 5 next year.

Considering Halo 5 is now a 2015 title, I would imagine Microsoft would be smart and save it for next year. We'll get a trailer this year which details the plot and general feel of the game, and then they can start being more open about the game at conventions.

But if I were Microsoft I would save the Halo 5 gameplay card until E3 next year, and just go full on marketing crazy from that moment.

Plus this year will be Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon and possibly Quantum Break. Microsoft has more important things to focus on in the immediate future, and not worry about hyping up a game that is more then a year away from release. It would be useless in terms of relevant marketing right now.

Doffen

http://i.imgur.com/oh6RaHV.png[/MG]

Whoa, new Battletoads? Crackdown Skyline? Third person Perfect Dark? Phantom Dust prequel? RugPuddle?

I want to believe![/QUOTE]

Damn I'm conflicted! I hope it is real, but it would suck if the whole plan got leaked already.
I want to be surprised.

[SPOILER]Crackdown Skyline <3[/SPOILER]

Jonty

oh6RaHV.png

I want to believe!

So do I. I don't, though. That's all extrapolated from existing rumours and IPs, so while some is as good as confirmed (Forza Horizon 2, Halo 2, The Big Japanese Game That's Probably Platinum) the other stuff is just guesswork.

I also don't believe that even Microsoft would spend time on Ryse a year after the indifferent reception to the first game, or actually call something Platform Next Studios. That sounds like an internal codeword somebody found on LinkedIn.

I have been lurking this thread for the most part. I thought I saw that E3 leak earlier in the tread, and that it was a bit much
no Crimson Skies
. Albeit a good wish list. It seems a bit odd that Xbox's E3 would leak the same exact day that Sony's supposed E3 linup. Both of them look to far fetched and time consuming to be at an actual E3 conference.

P.S.: I'll request a ride on the train once I find a more fitting avater. For some reason I feel like I could do better than a Beck Hansen avatar

Bgamer90

Banned
The Xbox E3 "leak" smells exactly like the Sony one.

Fanboy dreams and wishes.

Uhhh... how?

The list is full of pretty inevitable sequels and studios that haven't shown games recently. Pretty believable for the most part (at least to me).

In all honesty, I could have came up with a similar list. None of it is surprising to me (though that's not to say that I won't be excited if the "leaks" actually happen). Just a bunch of pretty safe predictions IMO.

B_Boss

Yeah uhh....about that image w/info.....XB1 the Lead Platform for The Division? What gives? Where's Tidux.......I want to know if that is even remotely true....

If Perfect Dark is going to a 3rdPerson Act./Adv. game then for me....I guess thats sad..PD would be a perfect game to have a MP Mode w/Story Mode but killing the MP Mode? I hope that is a rumor indeed....

Officially, it doesn't even exist unless I missed an announcement.

They announced a new Halo game last year. So yeah it's a thing.

Officially, it's still a 2014 title.

True. Although they did very carefully word it as "Your Halo experience begins next fall". So it gives them an out if it's just H2A at this point.

Uhhh... how?

The list is full of pretty inevitable sequels and studios that haven't shown games recently. Pretty believable for the most part (at least to me).

In all honesty, I could have came up with a similar list. None of it is surprising to me (though that's not to say that I won't be excited if the "leaks" actually happen). Just a bunch of pretty safe predictions IMO.

Yup. Of all the leaks and stuff, this one is actually pretty grounded in reality. Nothing on it wouldn't be weird to see happening (other then the The Division thing). But it's still probably super fake.

Uhhh... how?

Ryse 2 being shown, Lionhead's second project, Samaritan exclusive to Xbox One, games by Rare, Good Science, LXP, and "Platform Next Games", specifics about Platinum's game and titles of the next Gears and Crackdown games are not what I would call safe predictions.

what else has Grounding INC work on? I mean I appreciated the effort of crimson dragon it was just an ok game but if they half ass phantom dust i'll be tick off.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Uhhh... how?

If you think that's a believable E3 conference schedule, then I doubt you've ever seen E3 pressers before.
This list is promising a huge flood of games oozing from every corner and development studio Microsoft has. That's usually not how it works and what makes me think it's complete tales from someone's ass.

Topped off with plenty of third parties with exclusive DLC out the wazoo and it coming from a source that is simply nothing more than a tumblr blog-post, and i'm inclined to bin this rumor the same way I binned the Sony one.

Sure, every bulletpoint is in some capacity "grounded in reality" just like all the other leaks, but reading the entire thing and you can't help but feel it's a little ridiculous, no?

I don't know how you guys can believe in Phil until he drops that poisonous parity clause.

I certainly wish it didn't exist, but it's also the only remaining thing that bothers me about Xbox One, so as long as the games keep coming, I can live with it. Besides, they suggested that they are open to feedback when questioned about it, so I fully expect them to do something about the situation soon.

JayLee

Banned
Ryse 2 being shown, Lionhead's second project, Samaritan exclusive to Xbox One, games by Rare, Good Science, LXP, and "Platform Next Games", specifics about Platinum's game and titles of the next Gears and Crackdown games are not what I would call safe predictions.

Ryse 2: Rumours very early on after X1 launch which pointed to it being in development.
Lionhead: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...is-working-on-something-that-isnt-fable-esque
Rare: People have been screaming for them to make something non-kinect. Finished KSR and are a very large company, logic says they're working on another game. MS even answered questions in an interview around their Kinect games.
Good Science: Not heard of the studio personally but makes perfect sense for a game to use Kinect in this degree, they did include it in the box and the concept sounds intriguing but definitely possible.
LXP: Studio owned by MS but not shown anything, logic points to a game.
Platform Next Games: MS have been very outward in communication about setting up and acquiring studios.
Next Gears: Was announced when new IP was purchased, people will be expecting at least a CGI trailer for the direction considering the following the franchise has.
Platinum Games: We've heard for ages some big JRPG's are on the way.
Crackdown: Remember the icon on the reveal? People have been asking and Phil said he'd love to see one.
Epic: Always had a strong relationship with MS (Gears of War). With selling the IP to gears and with the size of the team they have, they have to be producing something.

For me you could come to those points logically but they are very out there and wet-dreamish. We all can hope!

Majine

Banned
They need to evolve XBL Gold too.

Push out the streaming services, and push in something cool for gamers, like Games for Gold (XB1), or Full game trials.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'd buy an Xbox One instantly if that were all true.. but once again it reeks of some fanboy's wishlist, just like the Sony's one. Going to keep my expectations in check.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
That list seems way more plausible than Sony's one to me.

So they're making the first move again. Interesting, after last year :)

They've got balls.

Well... I mean, it's called "Game On". So it's focused on games. That's what E3 is for, so it's not like people will complain that Xbox talked too much about games. They're fixing their image that they're too focused on video and Kinect.

MLCodest

Oh lawdy. If that list is even close to accurate I'll be a happy man! Also if someone with superior PS skills than I can put the button on my avatar I'd be very thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom