• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

tabsina

Naked Snake said:
I never finished this game :(

166yj38.gif

its worth finishing :( - PS. i think that was the first gif i've posted

bottles

How would you guys feel about a cel-shaded sequel? Ever since The Wind Waker, I’ve been thinking about how awesome a cel-shaded Mario game would be.

CoolS

Man, I recently sat down to finish this for the '2nd time'. Started and didn't put the controller away for 5 hours untill I got all the stars I was missing. Man this game really was incredible.

But I was surprised, how easy Luigi's pruple coins were. And after all this time, I still hate the star with the bombs and the garbage :lol

Still, my favourite game this generation. And they're making a sequel. I need it now!

That's a fantastic concept piece. The type of thing Nintendo should highlight.

Kulock on 04-27-2009 said:
Me? I would just love to see Super Mario Galaxy: New Horizons pop onto that big E3 screen. The space travel and gravity changing were means to an end, after all. It was all about the crazy and beautiful they filled the levels with.

And I did love it. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I keep forgetting about this game when I wrote my best games of all time list.

It's definitely riiiiiiiiiiiight up there.

Ranger X

Thinking about this game again it's like I'm yet to realise how much every single second of it was perfect. GOD DAMN this game was awesome. So fun, so beautiful, so polished!!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fuck me but this game was awesome.
121M and 121L, batches.
Loved every minute of it.

NSMB Wii this year is nice, but what I'm really waiting for is Galaxy 2.

Kard8p3

Mejilan said:
Fuck me but this game was awesome.
121M and 121L, batches.
Loved every minute of it.

NSMB Wii this year is nice, but what I'm really waiting for is Galaxy 2.

Same for me. I'm really excited for NSMB Wii but I can't deny that Galaxy 2 is the game I really want. I do find it sad though that we had to wait till Galaxy 2 to have a Wii game that matched the visual quality of Galaxy.

ZeroRay

Even after all the games released since, Mario Galaxy is still game of the generation.

Got 121 stars with both characters, can't wait for Galaxy 2, NSMB will give me my Mario fix for now.

Kard8p3

BowieZ said:
Every so often I need to pinch myself:

aasaaaaa.jpg

It's real.

Indeed it's amazing that they're actually putting out a direct sequel to Mario Galaxy. What I find shocking though is that some people are actually disappointed.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
this was so good it almost made me feel what it is like to be a manchild

it's like i almost saw myself as a child holding the NES controller as my Dad brought home Super Mario Bros. 3 in the commercial

Check your PMs please.

Davey Cakes

Yeah, that was a great "commercial." Makes me want to cry when I think about how awesomely far Mario has come in his platforming adventures.

AniHawk

I think what's great about a really well edited fanmade music video (which is essentially what that commercial was), is that you can show other people how something made you feel rather than just explaining it to them. Sometimes, words aren't enough.

Super Mario Galaxy was not my favorite platformer this gen. It wasn't even my game of the year for 2007. I didn't understand how people can think it's the best game of all time when I see quite a few flaws. But that music video/commercial helps me understand a bit more.

Incidentally, it becomes a hilarious mishmash of scenes when you watch it without music.

Davey Cakes

AniHawk said:
I didn't understand how people can think it's the best game of all time when I see quite a few flaws.
Well, saying it's the "best game of all time" is going a bit far in my opinion, but honestly, for what it offers, Galaxy just doesn't have as many flaws as most games these days. And, the flaws that are there are more nitpicks than actual standout flaws.

You can say it's a bit easy at times.
You can say that it should've had more motion-based missions.
You can say that it still didn't nail the swimming controls.
You can say that the auto-camera wasn't always perfect.
You can say that the hub-world was lackluster.

I definitely wasn't praising the game as one of the best ever or even GOTY 2007 back when I first played it. But, when a replayed the game with Luigi a year later and collected 121 stars, it served as a reflection on the experience, with no hype to get in the way. And, honestly? It's pretty obvious that Super Mario Galaxy, as an overall package is as close to perfection as any game that I've played in recent years. That's quite an accomplishment, especially since, in 2007, pure 3D platformers were just about dead.

andymcc

Banned
AniHawk said:
Super Mario Galaxy was not my favorite platformer this gen. It wasn't even my game of the year for 2007. I didn't understand how people can think it's the best game of all time when I see quite a few flaws.

can we agree that it has many less flaws than mirror's edge?

AniHawk said:
I think what's great about a really well edited fanmade music video (which is essentially what that commercial was), is that you can show other people how something made you feel rather than just explaining it to them. Sometimes, words aren't enough.

Super Mario Galaxy was not my favorite platformer this gen. It wasn't even my game of the year for 2007. I didn't understand how people can think it's the best game of all time when I see quite a few flaws. But that music video/commercial helps me understand a bit more.

Incidentally, it becomes a hilarious mishmash of scenes when you watch it without music.

How can anyone who is so right about Twilight Princess be so wrong about Galaxy? :'(

I saw the first bit of taht "" at Nintendo Go and skipped it because going back to DK for a "commercial" just screamed retarded to me.

Now I saw the whole thing and yes, I love this fan made a love video. But it should have had more SMG gameplay instead of all those cut scenes imo.

Top Bottom