• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid 4 scans

djkimothy

troll-web.jpg

darthbane2k said:
FF13 looks so far exaggerated and removed from the series' roots thats its not worth bothering defending.
VF5 - who cares, VF3 was the series' peak.

As for the other titles you mentioned... who gives a shit, I certainly dont.
If only I could be as light minded as you are, it would definately make my life easier.

Hope you're not hungry anymore.

Striek said:
Awww :(

When you see the boxarts in store just pretend they have "only on Xbox 360" on them, should help change your perspective.

Actually, anyone who knows me knows I dont give a shit about 360 either. Its Wii that I have chosen for next gen.

You really believe that MGS4 among other games will only be available on PS3? Keep dreaming. Sony doesnt have that grip/monopoly on the industry anymore. Soon enough you will see MGS4 on xbox360 - mark my words.
Obviously the wii isnt suited to the (graphicly intensive) game, however MGS will appear on wii in some guise or another.

Kal said:
Why are you feeding it? This thread is supposed to be about the MGS4 HQ scans not the wether the PS3 is worth it of if it has any great games.

MGS4 scans discussion bitches!

I feel rubbery just thinking about them. How's Snake supposed to sneak around, you know that shit has to squeak.

RamzaIsCool said:
Well let's see what MGS3 has over MGS:

- Snake can release this finger of the trigger if you don’t want to shoot.
- Snake can climb over things
- CQC <--- pretty big improvement give you that.
- Snake can now fire in first person mode
- Snake can peak around corners
- Snake can interrogate people.
- Snake can roll into crouch postition.
- Fundamentally the rest is pretty similair.

Maybe I missed some little things, but with 5/6 years between MGS - MGS3 and a hardware change, those improvements are laughable small. To make it worse Kojima didn’t even change the camera system until Substince, it had the same 8-direction walk thing in all 3 MGS game, that’s what I mean with dated gameplay. This already looked and felt ackward in MGS3, so he should make major improvements in MGS4 in that department. And I am sure he will, MGS was always a serie I loved very much, but it has some serious flaws which I hope he will address.
-Snake can walk and "sneak"
-Snake can stafe while firing.
-Snake can use camouflage to blend in with his suroundings.
-Snake has a stamina bar.
-Snake can eat to replenish said stamina bar.
-Snake can perform field surgery to heal himself.
-Snake can go either can choose not to kill ANY enemies in the game.
-Snake no longer has a radar and is in a natural/non grid based environment.
-Snake's enemies no longer forget about him by simply changing zones.
-Snake no longer has to equip PAN cards for them to work.
-Snake has a backpack to manage all his equipment.
-Snake can play together with his friends Online.

All these little things as you put them add up to form a very cohesive and solid game(forgive the pun.)

Looks like most PS3 and 360 games when actual gameplay is shown. Not quite at the level of those trailers, but of course it is magazine scans. Looks good though. :)

teiresias

ELS-01X said:
Well, considering the E3 trailer was a downgrade from the TGS one, it's not surprising the gameplay looks like this. Very nice, but not even close "OMG Best graphics ever! "

This is slanderous and banworthy and I hope you're sued out of existence by Konami for libel.

ELS-01X said:
Perhaps if they fix the sliding. I didn't see anything wrong with LO's animation btw.
Off-topic: LO's battle animation is really placeholder-y basic and looks bad compared to the awesome prerendered stuff that precedes it, IMO. But, this isn't an LO thread.

I know I'm in the minority as far as this game's visuals are concerned...detail is good, though. The overall monotone look just makes me not like it as much, I suppose. Maybe I've been watching the color-explosion of BD and LP vids and it's temporarily got me on a color-high.

Son of Godzilla said:
I feel rubbery just thinking about them. How's Snake supposed to sneak around, you know that shit has to squeak.
You jump through the window, use the octocamo, guard is all "WTF?", you use snatcher to distract him, and then BAM gun to his head, he's scared to death and ready to give away all the info you need, you lie that you'll leave him alone after you get the info.

Striek

djkimothy said:
http://www.salagir.com/gfx/troll-web.jpg
sorry :(

HocusPocus said:
Looks like most PS3 and 360 games when actual gameplay is shown.
I obviously have a very different opinion, but is this what you actually think? (edit; and by that I mean did you really think about that) I really couldn't name another game shown that looks close to this on all levels, let alone 'most' games. Although I'm loathe to compare it to FFXIII/LO/BD/HS amongst others which I think look great but in very different ways (less the 'complete package' by virtue of their genres).

SolidSnakex said:
5vd8.jpg

Sexy sexy.

As if Raiden and all the crotch hugging rubber weren't enough! Ok, I've changed my mind. This has passed through the bad side of hokey and come out on the good side, can't wait for old man snake now.

gogogow

Yoboman said:
You guys think we'll see any shots of the HUD in this trailer?
These shots are from the trailer, so no, I don't think we'll see the HUD until we get the playable demo.
MGS2 and 3 gp trailers didn't had the HUD either.

djkimothy said:

You know what, I cant stand when ****in fanboys call you a troll, just because you make a perfectly legitimate negative comment on their product/brand/company of worship.
In case you didnt notice, I never said a bad thing about MGS4

dalyr95

I remember when the MGS2 came out, Kojima saying that he was disapointed with the PS2 because he had imagined a machine that could have thousands of characters on screen and that was his goal for the MGS. I wonder how much stuff the MGS4 engine can push??

We've seen multiple gekkos and soldiers in the trailers but what about actual gameplay, can you imagine being caught in the middle of ~50 people gunfight

dalyr95

darthbane2k said:
You know what, I cant stand when ****in fanboys call you a troll, just because you make a perfectly legitimate negative comment on their product/brand/company of worship.

Its an MGS4 thread all the bad stuff you were saying doesn't belong here

djkimothy

darthbane2k said:

you said:
Yeah, looks sweet, but its a bit dumb to start saying "all is forgiven" Sony are STILL charging $600 for their 'superconsole' and no matter how sweet MGS4 looks, its still extortion.

Other than MGS4 anyway, PS3 has ****-all to offer.

Methinks i'll wait for the inevitable xbox360 version..

So exactly, what do you have to contribute to this thread other than Sony bashing? This thread is about MGS4 scans.

So...

stfu.jpg

dalyr95 said:
I remember when the MGS2 came out, Kojima saying that he was disapointed with the PS2 because he had imagined a machine that could have thousands of characters on screen and that was his goal for the MGS. I wonder how much stuff the MGS4 engine can push??

We've seen multiple gekkos and soldiers in the trailers but what about actual gameplay, can you imagine being caught in the middle of ~50 people gunfight

He was disappointed because this one of the near end battle concepts in MGS2

They ended up having to cut much of it due to time and/or the PS2 not being powerful enough, like a boss fight near the end of the game that was supposed to feature hundreds of soldiers fighting in the background at the same time that Snake and Raiden fight Metal Gear Ray.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game is just beyond anything I could have imagined.

He blew our minds with the trailers and he kept it for the gameplay. And the MK2 is so cute I just want to go suffocate it with kisses.

*throws 600 dollars at kojima*

TAKE IT. TAKKKE it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SolidSnakex said:
:lol I like that its balancing itself on 1 wheel in that pic where its electrocuting the soldier.

Hoh shit, I didn't even see that. Just the subtle touches...the things that Kojima does that make us go, "Wow."

We need HG-W confirmed on the soundtrack now and I think I might just die.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Welp, this easily looks better than anything else to me. There's just some kind of sublime quality and depth to scenes in this pictures, and a seeming complete lack of object/texture repetition and overall 'gameness'.

To think how much better GC trailer looked in motion compared to the released screens, makes me worry for my poor heart tomorrow when we get the trailer for this - as these screens look even better than those screens, regardless of having screwed up colors and contrast.

Holtz

6fd86dda9adce0350edf44019928add4.jpg

WOW! This game is THE game, it looks so ****ing awesome. All the attention to detail. KOJIMA, TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT! JUST GIMME MY PRECIOUS! :lol
But we'll we really have 2 threads for MGS discussion at the same time?

What are you all talking about? When has ever been a difference in the graphics between cut-scenes and gameplay in the MGS games?

And yup, Wallet Am Cry.

bud

SolidSnakex said:
:lol I like that its balancing itself on 1 wheel in that pic where its electrocuting the soldier.

I didn't even notice that:lol It looks pretty cute yes:lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Marconelly said:
There's just some kind of sublime quality and depth to scenes in this pictures, and a seeming complete lack of object/texture repetition and overall 'gameness'.

That's one of the better ways to put it :) Totally agree. If a game projects "realness", it's this.

Top Bottom