• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima isn’t mentioned in Metal Gear Solid Master Collection’s new credits

Draugoth

Gold Member
MGS-kojima-1440x810.jpg

Kojima – whose relationship with Konami went sour during the development of Metal Gear Solid 5 and led to him cutting ties with the publisher – isn’t named in the credits for the new collection

Instead, the collection’s new credits simply thank “all original Metal Gear series staff and fans.” This has been confirmed by multiple players who’ve received early copies of the game and are streaming it on Twitch.

Kojima’s name still appears in the games themselves, as these are simply ports of the original games with little alteration, but the wrappers for each game, which contain their own credits screens, don’t mention Kojima, nor do they mention David Hayter or the rest of the cast.

As previously reported, the game does make reference to Kojima, without directly naming him, in a warning message that appears when the compilation loads.

This game contains expressions and themes which may be considered outdated,” the disclaimer reportedly reads.

However, these elements have been included without alteration to preserve the historical context in which the game was made and the creator’s original vision. Player discretion is advised.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Why would he be mentioned? He (and everyone involved in the development of the original games) still appears in the original credits.
The new credits are for those that worked on the remasters.
This same thing happened when Metroid Prime Remastered launched.

Last edited:

poodaddy

What a non issue, and a silly attempt at rage baiting from the OP. Kojima's still mentioned in the original credits, so why the hell would the new collection specific credits mention a guy who didn't work on the collection? It doesn't make sense. Should I credit Hideo Kojima when I get this bathroom remodel finished?

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Not sure he wants his name on this collection. It sounds like the most half-asses thing they could possibly make.

K2D

Banned
I mean, it's still the ps1 and ps2 versions in upscaled (not rendered in) 1080p30.

Not touching that shit with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited:

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
Kojigod name should appear in every single wall of all three games. I’m not buying this unless patched by Kojigod himself.

YCoCg

Kojima will triple down in Death Stranding with extra credits for himself

Choice of Office Coffee
Hideo Kojima

Vending Machine Snack Selection
Hideo Kojima

Spotify Playlist Choices
Hideo Kojima

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Kojima’s name still appears in the credits of the individual games themselves, as these are simply ports of the original games with little alteration, but the wrappers for each game – which contain their own credits screens – don’t mention Kojima, nor do they mention David Hayter or the rest of the cast.

Instead, the collection’s new credits simply thank “all original Metal Gear series staff and fans.”

Biggest nothing-burger attempt of an article of all time.

Thabass

Of course he's not in the new credits, he had no involvement with the port. VGC, please unfuck yourselves.

Lmao I wonder what they are gonna do with mgs5 in volume 2, the dudes name is plastered throughout the Game like 50 times.

Not buying vol 1, may get vol 2 just for mgs5. I've purchased 1-3 like 3+ times each, I'm not quad dipping for low effort ports.

It's a shame Konami hasn't had a redemption arc like Capcom did

kiphalfton

The difference between this and every other time somebody has gotten snubbed, is Hideo is too busy being successful right now to care.

What the hell happened to Konami. They are so tepid these days, they used to be awesome, one of the best from Japan.

The Metal Gear Collection is so half arsed and what they did to Pro Evolution Soccer is gutting.

Kojima seems to be doing just fine without them

This thread is
created by HIDEO KOJIMA
written by HIDEO KOJIMA
produced by HIDEO KOJIMA
directed by HIDEO KOJIMA
font made by HIDEO KOJIMA
keyboard used to type this made by HIDEO KOJIMA

Darko

They should specially mention him but he’s already mentioned alll over the games so it’s a non issue

EDMIX

Konami is dumb AF.

We basically sit back and wait for them to fuck shit up. So I really, really hope the MGS3 remake is great but....Konami will Konami

Drizzlehell

Banned
What the hell happened to Konami. They are so tepid these days, they used to be awesome, one of the best from Japan.

The Metal Gear Collection is so half arsed and what they did to Pro Evolution Soccer is gutting.

Kojima seems to be doing just fine without them
They've always been the same, even back in the day. They're not even a video game company because their main revenue stream comes from, like, pachinko machines and other random bullshit that has little to do with vidjagames. They just happened to stumble upon some talented people who once made some cool games for them and now they're just milking it as a product, with little respect or regard for the things that people like us actually care about.

Konami as a company never gave a shit about those properties and to them it's just an opportunity to make some extra cash on the side, ideally with as little a budget and effort as possible.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Why would he be mentioned? He (and everyone involved in the development of the original games) still appears in the original credits.
The new credits are for those that worked on the remasters.
This same thing happened when Metroid Prime Remastered launched.
It was sounding like misinformation. Correct, his name is in the original credits and for marketing...it's on the covers still. We see this with any remaster or remake that the new devs will get credit. Pretty sure Kojima 'having parted over a decade ago...' didn't jump in to start working on these remasters; so...it'd make sense to only credit those who did the work in that part.

Top Bottom