• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Fox in Space (Fanmade Star Fox animated show)

Star Fox is just one big surprise after another this month and every component from this, to the official animated short, to Star Fox Guard and the actual game itself has been really enjoyable.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
These guys obviously have loads of talent. I hope they're not all pouring it into a fan project that they can't make any money from and is sure to be taken down by Nintendo though.

Acerac

Banned
Loved it, can't wait for the next episode.

...Nintendo is gonna kill this one day and I'll never hear from it again.

Maximo

It was..interesting never been a Star Fox fan so alot of the references go over my head, but its cool early 2000s Adult Swim type of show.

woopWOOP

This seems familiar
Pretty sure I saw a preview of the jail scene on another site long ago. Ended with Fox taking off his pants, figured it was just some furry animating some wank fanfiction

Anyway since he's using Patreon to fund this I'm guessing it won't be long for Nintendo to shut it down

This seems familiar
Pretty sure I saw a preview of the jail scene on another site long ago. Ended with Fox taking off his pants, figured it was just some furry animating some wank fanfiction

Anyway since he's using Patreon to fund this I'm guessing it won't be long for Nintendo to shut it down

Star Fox is Miyamoto's lovechild too.

This was fantastic. Going to echo those Adult Swim comments, if this guy just tweaked the concept to not use Nintendo's characters specifically, I feel like this has definite appeal.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Better than I expected. Not a fan of the voices they used for Falco and Slippy, but everything else was surprisingly great. I especially admire how they were able to have the tone be more adult oriented without feeling out of place!

Talking about voices, whoever voiced that one monkey that was part of Wolf crew stole the show. Maybe because he wasn't forced to do an accent or impersonation and could deliver more naturally.

edit: but don't get me wrong all the accents and whatnot were fantastic.

FluxWaveZ

I remember a bunch of people shit talking this when the preview was released a while back, and I didn't quite understand why. I posted in that thread that I even thought it was fine, and this turned out pretty well.

Loved it, can't wait for the next episode.

...Nintendo is gonna kill this one day and I'll never hear from it again.

Well, they haven't killed off other original projects based on established Nintendo IPs (like There Will Be Brawl) and since everything but the characters and setting is completely original I don't really see why Nintendo should be able to shoot them down.

keero16

Neo Member
May be that he seems like more of a whiny kid than you'd expect. It fits, but yeah, a little jarring at first.

Which was funny because everyone was like "oh man, that's Star Fox" and then he ends up being kind of a dork lol

Dreavus

I like the subtlety of Fox saying he has no shoes, Lizard guy looking over at Wolf, and Wolf silently mouthing "What?!" like he had nothing to do with it. Tons of great little details in here.

TreIII

I would hope that as long as it's emphasized that it's basically a "fanbased parody", they can get by okay.

But I also hope that, much like so many Abridged series, they're able to find a place that can host the series besides Youtube.

SnowTeeth

Banned
Loved it. Kinda reminds me of Heavy Metal cross Danger 5 in a weird way. I adore the retro aesthetic both visually and soundwise and I'd love to see an entirely original sci-fi series use this look.

Abounder

Banned
I dig the Heavy Metal vibe, shame Nintendo won't though! Can't see this series sticking around for long but would love to be wrong :-(

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I just rewatched it, this time in its entirety.

I usually hate fanfiction of any kind, especially when it's about video games. I hate the concept of it, and most of the time the execution of it.

But this was really great. I actually can't wait for episode 2.

Being an aspiring/amateur voice actor myself, I'm particularly impressed with the voice acting. English is my second language, but as far as I'm able to judge, this is professional stuff. The voices fit - except Falco's, he sounds a bit dumb to me, not what I pictured -, and the acting is top notch.

I mean, look at the cast: Matthew Gafforde - who wrote, directed and edited the whole thing - voices 9 characters. NINE! Including Fox, Wolf, Peppy and Andross. Man, the guy is a monster.

Stoze

Yeah I thought this was fantastic, so much so that I watched it three times. That re-imagining of Star Wolf is so good.

And now we probably wait a year for episode 2.

Did anyone else get a cowboy bebop vibe from the intro or hell, the entire episode? Because I did. Also I need the next episode, that's how good this was for me. Well done piece of work.

Top Bottom