• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Stars available launch day as a PlayStation Plus Game Catalog title August 29 – demo out today

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Did you make it to the Suikoden style base building? Getting the airship was one of the best parts because you could start collecting people for your base.

Thanks for jogging my memory lol! Getting the prompt to go gather people after getting the ship is exactly what turned me off. I wanted to continue on with the pretty linear story path, not go play a collectathon. Everything had been so good and tight up to that point.

Interfectum

Thanks for jogging my memory lol! Getting the prompt to go gather people after getting the ship is exactly what turned me off. I wanted to continue on with the pretty linear story path, not go play a collectathon. Everything had been so good and tight up to that point.
It’s gets linear again and has a great ending. But I see your point that it does switch up for a bit.

Doomtrain

Stop, everyone.

I've read on Era this should be boycotted because once one of the Devs said something positive about Jordan Peterson.

As you may be aware, this makes them basically part of the reborn Gestapo and genocidal maniacs.
Is that seriously their issue?

Sentenza

Yes, it is.

I mean, I'm not even among the most enthusiast JP supporters (as he can get a bit whacky for my taste on some topics like religion), but imagine treating a bland "Yeah, I sometime agree with that man" as the equivalent of a criminal offense.

Also, not even kidding when I say I spotted comments claiming JP "advocates for TRANS GENOCIDE". Where did this happen, exactly, you'll never be able to know.

Last edited:

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
What a bunch of joyless cunts :messenger_tears_of_joy:
U4jZC9N.png

StereoVsn

One of the writers of The Messenger is a fan of some of Jordan Peterson's writing. That is completely unacceptable and anyone who so much as watches a trailer of Sea of Stars is LITERALLY calling for violence against the trans community.
Facepalm. People are going crazy over there. So one of the writers is a fan of Peterson's and that's it, game cancelled? Lol though at both MS and Sony ponying up the cash upfront. So much gnashing of teeth.

T-0800

One of the writers of The Messenger is a fan of some of Jordan Peterson's writing. That is completely unacceptable and anyone who so much as watches a trailer of Sea of Stars is LITERALLY calling for violence against the trans community.

I'm so glad I stopped visiting that site.

Astray

Gold Member
Will likely try out the demo this weekend, and see if I like it or not.

I'm kind of on the fence here tbh.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
What? How is PS+ Extra more than GamePass? PS+ Extra is $99 a year.
There's multiple ways to assess "value" other than just straight price. You can try and do what other subs have done in the past and add up all the prices of the games on the service. GP updates twice a month and has many day 1 games. PS+ is an extremely good value, and so is GP. If we actually wanted to assess which is the better value it would probably change depending on the year and we'd have to add it all up. Other people may assess value differently and just prefer having newer games as opposed to games that are likely ones they've played years prior (that genuinely is the case with many PS+ games I see).

It's a stupid dick measuring contest though. Both sets of subscribers have plenty to be happy about.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I remember when I purposely got myself perma banned there…I wanted to see how bad the meltdowns could really get a couple of years ago. In a Randy Pitchford bashing thread, I legit just said “Serious question, can anyone here provide tangible evidence, Pitchford did anything wrong outside of internet stories?”

Y’all should have seen the meltdown, you would think I was Satan incarnate. What a cesspool of psychotics.

On topic, I’ve so been looking forward to this game. I was super happy to see it will be on plus on launch. Holding off on the demo though, want it to be fresh for me.

Last edited:

DeVeAn

Looking like this will be another banned game shortly on Regret(you know the site), spiraling into absurdity over there.
Yeah I got banned because I said Jordan Peterson was and college professor and he wrote a book. So the dev likes him why is that a problem? Screw that dictator regime.

I loved the messenger such a fantastic game. Loved this games demo. I’m definitely playing this Day 1.

Dynasty8

Really like what I see so far, but one of my concerns is if there's going to be too much filler or unnecessary dialogue to slow the game down. Story aspects are good, but as long as it doesn't stretch out the pacing too much with 10 minute character interactions about nonsense.

I just got banned for saying I use some of Jordan Peterson's teachings regarding male well-being when mentoring troubled Hispanic and black kids in my city. The number of labels that were thrown my way ranged from ignorant to hateful and a troll.
You know why, if you used an example of a successful white male, to teach inner city kids morality values, and that male disagrees with the current popularity of disproving science, you're basically H1tler 2.0, regardless of how sensible or nonsensical he is, so what other course of action is there but to silence that voice...BANNED!

That being said, I saw this last night, this was a fun one
Bill Maher and Peterson

Last edited:
Top Bottom