• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Saya

r9qt6po05e3z.jpg

Nailed it.

J-Tier

So everyone is hoping that this build is not the final build. That's what we've come to. The denial is real. SFV's character select screen was the same for a year prior to launch yet this one my be different 3 months before launch? I don't believe that.
I'm just not assuming, not denying. Putting out earlier builds is the easiest way to get a demo out, versus modifying a final build. I.e. DPs aren't in this version, when we know they'll be in. I've been cynical as all hell about this game.

Not being able to restart fights in the demo makes it a pain in the ass to try out moves since the enemies die out so quickly. You have to just stand still for a minute and let the AI beat you in order to go back to trying out moves. This was not a good idea for a demo, at all.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Demo was ok. This will have to review well and have a lot of single player content for me to buy though.

I'm just not assuming, not denying. Putting out earlier builds is the easiest way to get a demo out, versus modifying a final build. I.e. DPs aren't in this version, when we know they'll be in. I've been cynical as all hell about this game.

Don't waste your time my friend. He can find dozens of examples on Internet on how UI's, especially when it comes to char / whatever select, can change (or not) during development.

Bizazedo

Not being able to restart fights in the demo makes it a pain in the ass to try out moves since the enemies die out so quickly. You have to just stand still for a minute and let the AI beat you in order to go back to trying out moves. This was not a good idea for a demo, at all.

The demo isn't for us to figure out moves / use it as a training room, it's just to show they have a story / single player mode.

BadWolf

Yeah but you think there are going to be significant changes to the UI in 3 months. No, that's not happening. It's not like the game is far out or something, it's coming out in September.

For reference RE7 was announced at E3 2016 and the demo released there was exactly representative of the final game (even the UI) which was releasing over half a year later.

The demo isn't for us to figure out moves / use it as a training room, it's just to show they have a story / single player mode.

Yeah, but that doesn't stop it from sucking.

Can the demo be Share Played? Wanted to show it to a friend but I doubt you can since Japanese devs are really shitty about allowing people to share play games.

The fact that it got uploaded 8 days ago and that some of those names are RANDOM AS FUCK stuff like Restrained Thanos and Dahren Mohran make think this might be legit.

Restrained Thanos might be Thanos that is shown in the Story Demo. It could very well be legit since those are some crazy guesses if fake.

Bizazedo

Yeah, but that doesn't stop it from sucking.

Can the demo be Share Played? Wanted to show it to a friend but I doubt you can since Japanese devs are really shitty about allowing people to share play games.

I wish it was longer / enemies had more health, too, but you just have to keep in mind the goal of it.

And your friend can't download the free demo?

kirblar

S1 DLC-

Capcom - Dahren Mohran, Grandmaster whatshisface, Sigma
Marvel - Black Panther, Winter Soldier, ???

That's actually a pretty good list.

sephi22

Yes that leak seems legit, but just because those files exist doesn't mean they are playable characters.

Dahren mohran would be a giant story only boss like Galactus from 3.
You also see files for Ultron soldiers so no doubt some of the other files are for story mode NPCs that become full chars in DLC

Ryce

Is there proof of anyone having seen those pictures prior to today? I think I remember there being some way to fake the upload date by replacing older images or something.

Neoxon

So Ryce's leak may have missed a few characters in the base roster (Haggar, Dormammu) if that's legit.

Is there proof of anyone having seen those pictures prior to today? I think I remember there being some way to fake the upload date by replacing older images or something.
Is there, wouldn't an edit notification show up?

About that list, it doesn't have Antman. Also, there are two Xguardians models in story mode, so its sort of odd that its listed as one. Groot isn't listed either, but that might be the second Rocket file.

I wish it was longer / enemies had more health, too, but you just have to keep in mind the goal of it.

And your friend can't download the free demo?

My friend is on the "fuck this game" train. He said he'd see me share play it but he doesn't plan on downloading the demo anytime soon.

So Ryce's leak may have missed a few characters in the base roster (Haggar, Dormammu) if that's legit.

Is there, wouldn't an edit notification show up?

Or maybe they are story NPCs that could become DLC down the road.

There isn't a 3rd "new" Marvel character that could be DLC it looks like. So maybe it is Venom?

Skab

How much are you guys really expecting this to change? Like all they have to do is add one more vertical column on each side to fit 14 characters + random select Capcom side+ random all Marvel side to even it out.

I highly doubt it's going to change much at all and I'll willingly eat crow if it does change significantly

I'm not expecting a night and day completely different screen sort of change either. Just polishing it up would be enough, plus screen space will have to be adjusted a bit to make for new rows. Small things can make a big difference for an end product.

Ok.

I think MvCI's UI looks better than SFV's.

See? It's not so hard.

Bizazedo

My friend is on the "fuck this game" train. He said he'd see me share play it but he doesn't plan on downloading the demo anytime soon.

It's under 6 gig and free....your friend's an idiot.

One of these two marvel threads has some combo video of X linked, send that to him.

Top Bottom