• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomshine

Ok, who exactly is running the Tekkengamer.com twitter? Whoever it is seems to have good connections and is always really quick to post any news. Also said the launch for the actual website will be during E3, which doesn't make much sense for some random jobbers.

...or maybe I'm just bored and reading too much into it.

AAK

Any tips against Steve?

Dick punch gets you out of a lot of his traps in the neutral. The only safe thing he has to beat dick punch is to go for the u/f+1 poke, but that's pretty small damage. Other than that he has to go for hopkick, hop-punch launcher, shoryuken, low parry, or hop-stomp. All of those options are pretty risky.

Also, if your character has a punch parry, that would terrorize Steve quite a bit.

Ok, who exactly is running the Tekkengamer.com twitter? Whoever it is seems to have good connections and is always really quick to post any news. Also said the launch for the actual website will be during E3, which doesn't make much sense for some random jobbers.

He's probably just spitting out Wonkey's updates in quick fashion :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
November 2016.

haha-shutup.gif

Actually, it's pretty good if you're a random jobber because E3 is a busy time so you can cash in on the hype trains with something new.

It's Zee the Ceo btw. He's a pal trying to help out around the scene. (I'm getting kinda lazy being all by myself haha.) You might remember him from all the #tekkengoals stuff earlier.

Also lol Markman.

At least we're not Soul Calibur fans.

Or Virtua Fighter fans...

;_;

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I do care. I'm just trying to be patient like you guys. I also want my community and local scene to be able to play/enjoy the game.

Going to events representing BN had a lot of sad conversations. The one brought up most? You guessed it. Console release. I really wish it was here sooner, but it's not.

Until the right time comes. I'm still going to do my best to help provide content and opportunities for the community to enjoy the title, even if it is from afar (streams). We put in a lot of time and money to make sure that it's seen and while I know it's not ideal for the fans here. It's better than nothing (IMO).

That being said. I'm always here and willing to help answer questions and even forward info to the development team. I hope for our sake that this game gets released sooner and becomes a commercial success.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
On the topic of doing more things. The next TEKKEN TALK episode will feature Harada-san and Michael Murray most likely (if we can schedule in enough time). I want to have one other guest on the show. Who do you guys want to see? I'm leaning towards Rip or Aris.

sasuke_91

Be patient, don't over extend. Challenge his lows on hit. Make sure to stay out of foot stomp range. Pay attention to his high strings & duck them. Exploit his weak punishment.

Don't go overboard with the ducking though. He has mid versions for a lot of the high strings that launch on counterhit.
Exploiting his weak punishment is probably the best idea. Throw out stuff that would normally get you launched. His 10f punisher is also his strongest punisher. The only other punisher you should look out for is his 14f punisher (sonic fang) as it knocks down. If you have the right distance to the wall it also wall splats.
His best mix ups and frame traps come from PAB stance. This only works at close combat though, so you should always try to keep your distance. Other than that he has to rely a lot on duck cancels for that.
He also doesn't really have a weak side and has pretty good tracking. You should try backdashing instead.

got em.

and wah wah wah.

On the topic of doing more things. The next TEKKEN TALK episode will feature Harada-san and Michael Murray most likely (if we can schedule in enough time). I want to have one other guest on the show. Who do you guys want to see? I'm leaning towards Rip or Aris.

Probably difficult to pull off but I'd like to see each Tekken Tour champion on the show at least once. Go over their thoughts on tournaments / mind set going into finals etc.

Otherwise, Jimmy and Bronson (Haven't touched T7 yet lol) are also obviously good choices and are near BN's place.

Rajang

Yo ZTS, can you confirm this: https://twitter.com/reepal/status/738980644219408384

I prefer Aris. He already did the ATP live (at Final Round last year) with you guys and asked some great questions.

Also.. Eric Jacobus got competition: Tekken in Real Life!

lupinko

I have a Tekken-Net question for those two, if you don't mind asking them. I replaced my generic scuffed Banapass with the Lili/Eliza pass but it still shows the original card's number instead? I don't mind but I thought it would also change the number to reflect the card.

Gamespot video on Tekken 7 vanilla version
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/tekken-7-can-the-fighting-series-make-a-comeback/2300-6432394/

They are right. It is going to be the nail in the coffin for Tekken 7 if it doesn't release this year. Enough is enough.

I still have a very difficult time believing that Tekken 7 will come out this year on consoles, especially with Fated Retribution still receiving updates. It's still not even available in he arcades yet, is it? I am still betting on end of 2017 unfortunately. At the absolute earliest, mid 2017 and that is pushing it. I heard rumors that we might finally get a release date at E3. If it is announced, doubt the game will only be a few months off for the home version. Well, I guess you never know.

sasuke_91

I still have a very difficult time believing that Tekken 7 will come out this year on consoles, especially with Fated Retribution still receiving updates. It's still not even available in he arcades yet, is it? I am still betting on end of 2017 unfortunately. At the absolute earliest, mid 2017 and that is pushing it. I heard rumors that we might finally get a release date at E3. If it is announced, doubt the game will only be a few months off for the home version. Well, I guess you never know.

Console release date before it even releases on Arcades? I highly doubt that.
We might see something at PGW or something. Harada isn't even going to be at E3.

AAK

RIP Muhammad Ali. He was unapologetically black, Muslim & anti-Vietnam War in a time when any of the 3 could have ended him. Just hearing about his history throughout my childhood made him the embodiment of a real life super hero. Your legacy will live on, even in Tekken:

1RYDC4X.gif

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
RIP Muhammad Ali. He was unapologetically black, Muslim & anti-Vietnam War in a time when any of the 3 could have ended him. Just hearing about his history throughout my childhood made him the embodiment of a real life super hero. Your legacy will live on, even in Tekken:

1RYDC4X.gif

This news had me so sad. RIP indeed.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah. Shame "Work" is not "Wait wait wait wait wait wait" song.

Great, more back patting.

1RYDC4X.gif

True master of fists. RIP.

That being said. I'm always here and willing to help answer questions and even forward info to the development team. I hope for our sake that this game gets released sooner and becomes a commercial success.
Tekken 5 had almost 4 million sales, Tekken 6 with over 3 million sales, and TTT2 at less than 2 million sales. What will happen if Tekken 7 continues this decline?

Should console regions be worried that Tekken will become an arcade only franchise?

"December or Never" is a phrase around the ATL that is becoming louder and louder. I hope for Harada's sake that he brings a lot to casual fans in the console, because I am sure loyal scenes like the ATL aren't alone in getting ready to just move on.

I personally can't see myself not getting Tekken 7, but if Harada has Jin rape Xiaoyu and marry the two I might be done. I know too many girls in real life who have been in abusive relationship, and I can't jump into the screen and kick Jin's ass. A marriage would have been great back in T3/T4/T5, but Jin is evil now and I won't be able to tolerate Xiaoyu being subjected to that. But silly fantasy nonsense aside.
R.I.P. Muhammad Ali

GrayFoxPL

(...)
I personally can't see myself not getting Tekken 7, but if Harada has Jin rape Xiaoyu and marry the two I might be done. I know too many girls in real life who have been in abusive relationship, and I can't jump into the screen and kick Jin's ass. (...)

Ok, that was random, haha.

Jin raping anyone? That guy has sexuality of a brick.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tekken 5 had almost 4 million sales, Tekken 6 with over 3 million sales, and TTT2 at less than 2 million sales. What will happen if Tekken 7 continues this decline?

Should console regions be worried that Tekken will become an arcade only franchise?

We've (TEKKEN Team) talked about this before. While it's too late for T7 to adopt a new model, as far as release timing goes (arcade > arcade update > console). The next possible iteration in the series could follow a different (more console driven) path. Too early to say at this time. However I'm sure the team and BNEA officials know about the decline in sales for almost all fighting games in recent years. The exception being MK series, of course.

Thanks for the feedback and input. Also in regards to your other post about what others are saying about Lupe Fiasco. He's an individual like many others. Not everyone is a leader/mode citizen or role model. Sure I may have introduced him to the scene but it doesn't mean I support him or anyone when they threaten others. I'm all for people having a fun/safe gaming community and experience.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Great, more back patting.

You're more than welcome to not watch it. If you ever go to an event or talk to someone from the team, you'll find out we're not the cocky and nasty people you make us out to be.

I'm sure that anyone who has actually met the team members can attest to that.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Btw, GrayFoxPL, are you from Poland? I'm working with some of the community to have T7 at some upcoming events there. So I hope you show up.

GrayFoxPL

You're more than welcome to not watch it. If you ever go to an event or talk to someone from the team, you'll find out we're not the cocky and nasty people you make us out to be.

I'm sure that anyone who has actually met the team members can attest to that.

Nastiness, cockiness, no. I'm talking about congratulating themselves on how good things are now while ridiculing the community. "Oh they don't understand." right? Harada and Murray, gonna talk how good T7 is doing in arcades in Asia, and all those tournaments , wow.

Ironically all those interviews with Murray and Harada could be summed up (by them) with your own phrase(which you probably know how just annoying it is): "Good time to be a TEKKEN fan."

I'm sorry MarkMan but who's gonna ask Harada all those uneasy questions, like:
--------------------------------------
Was console T7 delayed because they don't want to lose arcade revenue?
Is Arcade T7 system just itsy bitsy focused on taking too much money from players? Just tiiiny little bit?
Is Arcade like revenue/dlc/p2p system planned for consoles in some way?
Why there isn't even a demo for consoles? I'm not talking FR or something big, but like small Tag2 demo of T7 vanilla. Is the usual answer is because it would take so much dev time and money that, holly crap, full game would be postponed for a year! Is that a good PR answer?
---------------------------------------
Why is Harada wavering so hard about TxSF for 6 damn years? How many games did they announce, develop and actually released since 2010? Where was TxSF beside all those projects? In the trash? Am I wrong? Was it always on prime spot but just nobody noticed it?
Is the Tekken and Street Fighter character exchange deal/contract still valid, not out of date? Because from what I understand the contract to use Akuma is separate?
Why is Harada's every decision dictated by what Capcom is doing? No Tekken fan wants to hear that we can't do this or release that because Ono and Capcom is doing something. It's embarrassing. No more "Capcom's turn".
Why is nobody from Tekken Project team besides Harada and Murray ever in the spotlight? I really would like a gameplay designer, character designers, combat designers - people in the "dirt" to give their insights. Harada even says he's left the Tekken to other people at this point. Bring them to the light then. I know Harada isn't working on dem sweet Electrics, but who does? I wanna know.
And 100 more questions.

I'm sorry MarkMan but who is gonna ask those questions? Because if you did, someone at NB would give you note with: "We're done, professionally." and that be that.

I know I'm talking shit about Harada, Murray and others. I can imagine everyone is a cool dude in private, but we're not here for that. If their job is Tekken, it's reflecting on us, on me. I hear bullshit, I get frustrated, I start calling people clowns or worse, but it is always 100% regarding Tekken and their role in all and any of it.

Yes, I'm from Poland, and no I can't go. I can't even go out of my room. I'm one of those disabled Tekken players that gave their heart and soul for Tekken since mid 90' and bought and played to death every Tekken ever since. Truly old school, devoted but not blind, fans.

I know it's a minority that means nothing but does Harada know we exist? That people with various disabilities love to play Tekken? Does he, Murray or You Markman know we...I... feel like trash every time we hear: "Wanna play Tekken? It's here at this event! Or will be at another, fly here from all over the world and play for 15 minutes!" ?

Besides you don't need to be disabled to feel like that, you just need to be regular person that can't afford to fly all over the damn world. So most Tekken fans on this side of the planet. Harada so generous to the western Tekken fans. (That only mostly build the throne he's sitting on). Heh.

Btw. Markman what is it with you and mentioning you have T7:FR at home then coming here and shooting the, oh god ,words: "Good time to be a TEKKEN fan."? Is that some elaborate way to spit our faces? Because it sure as hell works like that.

No Markman, it's not, and you're just pushing it. Wanna say something? Sure, everything you want. Just leave that phrase when there's truly a good time to be a Tekken fan.

Edit: Added a sentence or two.

Dereck

Nastiness, cockiness, no. I'm talking about congratulating themselves on how good things are now while ridiculing the community. "Oh they don't understand." right? Harada and Murray, gonna talk how good T7 is doing in arcades in Asia, and all those tournaments , wow.

Ironically all those interviews with Murray and Harada could be summed up (by them) with your own phrase(which you probably know how just annoying it is): "Good time to be a TEKKEN fan."

I'm sorry MarkMan but who's gonna ask Harada all those uneasy questions, like:
Is Arcade T7 system just itsy bitsy focused on taking too much money from players? Just tiiiny little bit?
Why there isn't even a demo for consoles? I'm not talking FR or something big, but like small Tag2 demo of T7 vanilla. Is the usual answer is because it would take so much dev time and money that, holly crap, full game would be postponed for a year! Is that a good PR answer?
Why is Harada wavering so hard about TxSF for 6 damn years? How many games did they announce, develop and actually released since 2010? Where was TxSF beside all those projects? In the trash? Am I wrong? Was it always on prime spot but just nobody noticed it?
Is the Tekken and Street Fighter character exchange deal/contract still valid, not out of date? Because from what I understand the contract to use Akuma is separate?
Why is Harada's every decision dictated by what Capcom is doing? No Tekken fan wants to hear that we can't do this or release that because Ono and Capcom is doing something. It's embarrassing. No more "Capcom's turn".
Why is nobody from Tekken Project team besides Harada and Murray ever in the spotlight? I really would like a gameplay designer, character designers, combat designers - people in the "dirt" to give their insights. Harada even says he's left the Tekken to other people at this point. Bring them to the light then. I know Harada isn't working on dem sweet Electrics, but who does? I wanna know.
And 100 more questions.

I'm sorry MarkMan but who is gonna ask those questions? Because if you did, someone at NB would give you note with: "We're done, professionally." and that be that.

I know I'm talking shit about Harada, Murray and others. I can imagine everyone is a cool dude in private, but we're not here for that. If their job is Tekken, it's reflecting on us, on me. I hear bullshit, I get frustrated, I start calling people clowns or worse, but it is always 100% regarding Tekken and their role in all and any of it.

Yes, I'm from Poland, and no I can't go. I can't even go out of my room. I'm one of those disabled Tekken players that gave their heart and soul for Tekken since mid 90' and bought and played to death every Tekken ever since. Truly old school, devoted but not blind, fans.

I know it's a minority that means nothing but does Harada know we exist? Does he, Murray or You Markman know we...I... feel like trash every time we hear: "Wanna play Tekken? It's here at this event! Or will be at another, fly here from all over the world and play for 15 minutes!" ?

Besides you don't need to be disabled to feel like that, you just need to be regular person that can't afford to fly all over the damn world. So most Tekken fans on this side of the planet. Harada so generous to the western Tekken fans. (That only mostly build the throne he's sitting on). Heh.

Btw. Markman what is it with you and mentioning you have T7:FR at home then coming here and shooting the, oh god ,words: "Good time to be a TEKKEN fan."? Is that some elaborate way to spit our faces? Because it sure as hell works like that.

No Markman, it's not, and you're just pushing it. Wanna say something? Sure, everything you want. Just leave that phrase when there's truly a good time to be a Tekken fan.
Hot damn, I think you and I might be related.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I just saw ZTS at Wizard World here in Philadelphia and he told me not to post on NeoGAF lol.

Anyways, GrayFoxPL. The team (Michael and Harada) probably won't answer those questions. But I will.

I wouldn't say it was delayed. I think the plan was always for them to release the arcade version, then the upgrade. Followed by the console version. The teams working on the arcade version and console version are the same. So they don't have the resources to be able to both simultaneously. Also, as a company BNEI has to strategically plan the timing of their titles to coincide with other releases/games throughout the year. So sometimes they have to put time/resources for the other things (marketing, publishing, first party relations, focus testing, etc.) prior to a particular title coming to finalization.

I would say yes and no. To get the most out of TEKKEN 7 arcade, you'd have to play with the full use of TEKKEN-NET and the Banapass system. Both of which cost additional spend to utilize. Obviously, the more you play, the more you earn (in game, via TEKKEN-NET). So far, from what I've heard from Japanese players/customers. They don't like how you earn items (random) from TEKKEN-NET. So it's not like past TEKKEN games where you can save your fight money (G) and buy something from the in-game store/online store.

Nothing has been announced yet, but based on previous TEKKEN titles and the way all fighting games are (in this industry) moving forward. I think it's safe to say that the TEKKEN Project Team is aware of the need to have DLC, but not necessarily pay to play (p2p).

As I mentioned before. The team is stretched really thin manpower/resource-wise. With multiple projects for key members, it's really hard to for them to focus on a demo of the game when they're still trying to finish the main game. I too, would like this. I'd LOVE to have a system in place like Arc System Works has with Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. That would really help hold over the fans and guarantee a sale/preorder. The way development is now, that's something that would have to be planned a long time ago. Also, the way development goes, people should keep in mind that content lock and development timelines are a lot longer/further out than you might think. Especially with the core game not yet finished.

From what I know. It's just not the main focus of the company right now.

As far as I know, Bandai Namco still has the rights to create a crossover game with the Street Fighter franchise.

I'm confused by this statement. What do you mean by it?

In Japan, there are plenty of people that are highlighted and known members of the development team. Unfortunately it's not carried over globally. Notably Nakatsu, Bancho and a few others.

Do you guys know Mishimastar? He's on the dev team. He was a really strong T5 player. SDZ used to be on the team as well, and he was really good too. Not sure if Douzouno and Jinguu are still on the team, but there was a strong mix of old school and new school players on the team. I think you can credit a lot of the game balance and improvements to a lot of the competitive players that were on the team at one point or another.

And 100 more questions.

I await your list.

I'm going to link this to Harada-san and Michael Murray. If they have time for it (I doubt it, with how hectic things are lately) -- maybe we can answer them. Or how about I ask them on TEKKEN TALK?

I get what you're saying.

Sorry, I didn't know. Well in that case. I hope the console release date is sooner rather than later for you. I'm also a TEKKEN fan since the mid-90s. :)

I know it's a minority that means nothing but does Harada know we exist? That people with various disabilities love to play Tekken? Does he, Murray or You Markman know we...I... feel like trash every time we hear: "Wanna play Tekken? It's here at this event! Or will be at another, fly here from all over the world and play for 15 minutes!" ?

I have a better idea of understanding your position and how it feels whenever we encourage people to go to events. You should know, our goal is not to offend anyone, but rather to help promote the game and get people excited for it.

It should be noted that I only have it at home because I bring it to events. I don't have it set up and play it or anything. The only reason I say it's a good time to be a fan, is because I'm excited for the future. Not trying to spit in anyone's face. So try not to take it that way.

Edit: Added a sentence or two.

Hope this helps answer some. I'll forward this to the team now.

GrayFoxPL

Wow I didn't expect actual answers.

Thank you, honestly. I appreciate it.

I'm sorry I get so riddled up but Tekken is the one of the few things left for me and it's really close to my heart, so I get pissed off easily on every detail. Sorry I didn't know, you don't actually have own T7 setup at home, that's how I understood it on streams.

Oh and that "Capcom's turn" was something Harada said on occasions where fans were hungry for Tekken news and got that instead.

Edit: I remember Mishimastar but I couldn't find solid connections. Dem Mishimas so strong because of him.(Good!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Wow I didn't expect actual answers.

Thank you, honestly. I appreciate it.

I'm sorry I get so riddled up but Tekken is the one of the few things left for me and it's really close to my heart, so I get pissed off easily on every detail. Sorry I didn't know, you don't actually have own T7 setup at home, that's how I understood it on streams.

Oh and that "Capcom's turn" was something Harada said on occasions where fans were hungry for Tekken news and got that instead.

No problem. My PM and DM box (on twitter) is open. So if you guys ever have questions AND I am at liberty to provide an answer. I will.

Yeah I have the game at home, but I don't play (never have my training buddies around) lol.

All we can really do at this point is enjoy Tekken Tag 2. I was hoping to go to CEO, but money got tight. I have no idea how people even afford to travel in the USA to these tournaments. I was actually worried if I would be able to pay this week's Fingers To Fight winner. Speaking of Fingers To Fight, it will be the 46th running of the TTT2 weekly online tournament series this coming Thursday. Really crazy how long I have kept it up with some definite help from the community.
m2bDYjs.png

Join me in the struggle to keep Tekken alive to welcome in Tekken 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom