• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo holding new conference this Friday [Up: Over]

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
muu said:
I took BurntPork's post as disappointment for the upcoming holiday season. Can't say anything about Kirby and Kid Icarus as I was watching the Japanese stream. Kirby wasn't mentioned on that side either, though, not that that says anything.

Why are you blaming Nintendo for not announcing MH in the states? That's a strategic title for N in Japan but it's still a Capcom title first and foremost. Most of those other games will also take an extra 3-6months minimum for localization past the Japanese release before it hits the west. I believe Nintendo in general has a policy of avoiding mention of games that are not due to release w/in a 3-6month timeframe, and that last 3DS conference barely meets or exceeds that timeframe w/ most titles. Considering that most titles won't be available stateside for much longer, it would be out of line for NoA to talk much about them.

NoA definitely does need to try harder to get the 'core' audience, esp. if they plan on selling the Wii U next year, but I think you're pulling a couple undeserved punches to make your point.

Nintendo of America really pushed for Tri in North America. They were behind it as much as any first party release, and I expect, if MH3G comes over, it will be in a similar situation.

Nintendo of America has announced plenty of games for the 3DS well in advance (Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion), so the 'NoA only announces games right before they launch' is false logic if you're trying to figure out why they've held back.

The least you could expect for a number of releases confirmed for other markets is to announce they're coming 'at some point', just like they've done with numerous other 3DS titles to this point. Given NoA's recent record, stubbornness and / or ignorance when it comes to localizing titles, is it any surprise that any delay in announcing a title would have fans second guessing them from the get-go?

The new MH 3G trailer makes waiting to see if it gets localized even worse. I didn't think they would be talking about localization today though. Probably something they will talk about some time after the holidays if it is coming over.

marc^o^ said:
Nintendo keeps using women to advertize 3DS, which is oh such a bad decision.
news.jpg
A woman like that has no need for a 3DS.
I barely do, and I'm a nerd.

watershed

Banned
So are any videos gonna be put up on the NA eshop? In Japan the full conference is streaming on the eshop. But I don't really want to see the NA equivalent, Reggie's shining chin in 3d would be a bit scary. But some new trailers and promo videos for the update would be nice!

Some fun apps in this firmware update but I'd take a unified account ID over every single one of them.

MK7 features are awesome though, especially communities and multi-ghost matches downloaded via spotpass, too awesome.

Is that Samurai game for retail or 3DSWare? I just watched the trailer, it looks interesting but the gameplay looks too simple and graphics look too ghetto for it to be a retail title.

Erethian

nincompoop said:
Is that Samurai game for retail or 3DSWare? I just watched the trailer, it looks interesting but the gameplay looks too simple and graphics look too ghetto for it to be a retail title.

3DS Ware.

VOOK said:
Mate made these GIFs earlier, I thought they were funny;

tECdA.gif

U3oF2.gif
Awesome
Why was his chin so shiny seriously!

No. The channel functionality is just replicated in the game, exactly as it was in MK Wii.
Iwata *laughs*
Seriously I think it is ego of Yamauchi at work in Nintendo to at least keep online in Nintendo a fad

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Regulus Tera said:
Totally forgot about this, it sounds like it was very underwhelming.
It does? We even got trailers (or footage in general) and information about games instead of just the firmware features they had said...

I guess no new Zelda or Mario or Fire Emblem or whatever were announced so Nintendo fails so much... Though most of these already are. Eh.

PokéKong

Jaded Alyx said:
People should really stop calling it that.

Because it holds implications which the Nintendo marketing machine isn't comfortable being aligned with the service? It is what it is, we can call it what we want, and we can call Wii Remotes wiimotes.

I was really let down by this. Hulu plus? Pass I already have a PS3 and 360, and the 3DS screen is too small for me to watch shows on. Nintendo published eshop games.....OK, more firmware, hooray?Then talking about the next couple of games they are releasing, that trust me no one forgot about. I don't know maybe I expected too much.

EvilMario said:
It shall be used for generations to come.

lol. when he said that I actually found it a little offensive especially in this economy.

TheBanditKing said:
I was really let down by this. Hulu plus? Pass I already have a PS3 and 360, and the 3DS screen is too small for me to watch shows on. Nintendo published eshop games.....OK, more firmware, hooray?Then talking about the next couple of games they are releasing, that trust me no one forgot about. I don't know maybe I expected too much.

Obviously...

They JUST held a blow out conference a few weeks ago. This was basically just to set up some new stuff for the 3DS and show off their holiday lineup.

AceBandage said:
Obviously...

They JUST held a blow out conference a few weeks ago. This was basically just to set up some new stuff for the 3DS and show off their holiday lineup.

Perhaps, but over all I found this pretty pointless. A press release could have easily informed us of the same info.

TheBanditKing said:
Perhaps, but over all I found this pretty pointless. A press release could have easily informed us of the same info.
Well, that's basically what it was. A video press release. Prerecorded to announce a few things and show off their lineup. Don't see how that is pointless.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
One thing I'm still shocked for is the possibility of doing Stop Motion videos.
I didn't expect them to do this.

Top Bottom